Oscraps

Rough Few Weeks

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I have not been on here as much lately as I would have liked to have been. I care for our youngest granddaughter. Her mom is a single mom and doesn't have anyone else to help with child care. She got laid off from her job a few weeks ago when her company did a mass layoff. She found another job but making half of what she is used to making. I know times are tight for a lot of folks right now. It is hard to see your children go through hard times. A week after Thanksgiving I got sick and ran a fever. I am better from that but am having a very hard time following my third chemo. Our 15 year old grandson had to miss school yesterday so he could watch our 18 month old grand baby so I could sleep. My energy level is still really low. I only have one more chemo and then radiation. I know the end is in sight but I am still struggling. I feel a bit disconnected and isolated. On top of that, our youngest daughter, the one I babysit for, is trying to get over pneumonia. She did an online doctor's appointment since she lost her insurance when she lost her job. Her baby is also sick and fighting double ear infections. I appreciate your prayers for me and my family. :sad1::sad2::sad1:

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
I am so sorry that things have been so rough for you. My brother is going through chemo and radiation right now too, so I have an idea of what you are going through. He finally finished and things are getting better. You are at the end...and it will get better! I am praying for a great outcome of the treatment and for your daughter and her family as well.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I am so sorry that things have been so rough for you. My brother is going through chemo and radiation right now too, so I have an idea of what you are going through. He finally finished and things are getting better. You are at the end...and it will get better! I am praying for a great outcome of the treatment and for your daughter and her family as well.
Thank you so much, Susie! You don't know how much that means to me! I am praying for your brother!

Jeannette

CHEERY O
O no Evelyn, I am so sorry for you. It's too much to deal with, because you have enough dealing with your own health. But a mom is always there for her kids, right?
I'm happy for you the end is in sight, but you will need time to recover after the treatments. I remember having that disconnection with family, friends and the world. I felt isolated too. My energy level was too low to walk or ride my bicycle. In that periode I bought my scooter, so I was able to go outdoors. To the library or a store, or just to get out and enjoy being outdoors.
It's hard Evelyn, but I will get better. Take as much time for yourself as you can. That's important and I also wish you and your daugther and her family lots of strength too :hug4:

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
O no Evelyn, I am so sorry for you. It's too much to deal with, because you have enough dealing with your own health. But a mom is always there for her kids, right?
I'm happy for you the end is in sight, but you will need time to recover after the treatments. I remember having that disconnection with family, friends and the world. I felt isolated too. My energy level was too low to walk or ride my bicycle. In that periode I bought my scooter, so I was able to go outdoors. To the library or a store, or just to get out and enjoy being outdoors.
It's hard Evelyn, but I will get better. Take as much time for yourself as you can. That's important and I also wish you and your daugther and her family lots of strength too :hug4:
Thank you so much, Jeannette! I am feeling a bit overwhelmed for sure. Thank you for the encouragement! I know the end is in sight!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I'm so sorry to hear of your family's problems on top of what you're going through with your treatment. I applaud you for finding the strength to care for your baby granddaughter. That's a big job when we are feeling good. I'm so sorry that it's all happending right now, of all times. It seems like "when it rains, it pours". Sending you lots of prayers, hugs and positive energy thoughts. Please try to find time to take care of you. I know it sounds cliche' but it isn't. :praying2::hug3::heartpumpred:

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
What a setback, if I read it that way, health insurance is difficult in your country if you don't have a job. Fortunately, that is not the case with us.
I am thinking of you in these difficult times, you have to think about yourself now, your children will recover, especially with the chemo your body is weakened, so the message is to rest well. Sending you lots of positive vibes.

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
You are a wonderful mother and grandmother, Evelyn :hug2: I am so sorry that you guys are going through so much all at once!! I hope after your final round you start to feel much better quickly! I also hope that your daughter and her baby get better soon! :beatingheart::beatingheart::beatingheart:

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
What a setback, if I read it that way, health insurance is difficult in your country if you don't have a job. Fortunately, that is not the case with us.
I am thinking of you in these difficult times, you have to think about yourself now, your children will recover, especially with the chemo your body is weakened, so the message is to rest well. Sending you lots of positive vibes.
Thank you so much, Vera. Thankfully, Kara and Lively are feeling better day by day. I nap when the baby naps so that is helping.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
You are a wonderful mother and grandmother, Evelyn :hug2: I am so sorry that you guys are going through so much all at once!! I hope after your final round you start to feel much better quickly! I also hope that your daughter and her baby get better soon! :beatingheart::beatingheart::beatingheart:
Thank you so much, Jenn! We are the only ones able to help with Lively at this point. Thankfully, Kara and Lively are on antibiotics so are doing better day by day. I nap when the baby does so that helps.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I so wish I lived closer to you to give you a hand Evelyn! I can't imagine the struggle you must be going through caring not only for yourself but for your granddaughter as well. Sending you loads of positive thoughts and strength dear heart and hope you start to feel better within yourself and that your GDD and daughter also start to feel better. xxxxxx <3 Like Vera, we don't have the insurance woes you guys have, there is private insurance available for those that want to pay to get extras (or cosmetic surgery), but for the rest of us we are all covered for medical treatments that are considered to be essential. Take care! xx

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I so wish I lived closer to you to give you a hand Evelyn! I can't imagine the struggle you must be going through caring not only for yourself but for your granddaughter as well. Sending you loads of positive thoughts and strength dear heart and hope you start to feel better within yourself and that your GDD and daughter also start to feel better. xxxxxx <3 Like Vera, we don't have the insurance woes you guys have, there is private insurance available for those that want to pay to get extras (or cosmetic surgery), but for the rest of us we are all covered for medical treatments that are considered to be essential. Take care! xx
Thank you so much, Ona. Insurance here can be very expensive and so are medical procedures and medications. Kara will have insurance at her new job in about 90 days. Thankfully she and the baby are starting to feel better. I am thankful that I have been able to watch the baby for her. I get to spend precious time with Lively and I'm sure it is a relief to Kara to know that she is well taken care of. You know us mothers, we always worry about our babies and then they have babies and we worry about them too!:heartpumpred:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Big big hugs to you and your family, Evelyn. All of that is way too much for anyone to deal with, especially while being sick and having chemo. :hug2:

Has your DD looked into her state's Medicaid/CHIP program? I don't know what state she lives in but she might be able to get benefits for the kids, if not for her and the kids. NJ has a relatively decent program, NJ Family Care. If your income is low-to-middle and you have kids, you are eligible as a family. A lot of people are eligible but don't apply because they don't realize that they are.
Good luck!

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Big big hugs to you and your family, Evelyn. All of that is way too much for anyone to deal with, especially while being sick and having chemo. :hug2:

Has your DD looked into her state's Medicaid/CHIP program? I don't know what state she lives in but she might be able to get benefits for the kids, if not for her and the kids. NJ has a relatively decent program, NJ Family Care. If your income is low-to-middle and you have kids, you are eligible as a family. A lot of people are eligible but don't apply because they don't realize that they are.
Good luck!
Thank you so much, Chris. Those are some good suggestions. Lively has insurance through her father. That is the extend of his financial contribution to her raising. He is not involved in her life. Let me just say, it is better that way. Kara will have insurance with her new job but it takes 90 days to be in effect. She was able to get a Teledoc appointment to get medication for her pneumonia. I also told her, if necessary, she could go to our health department to be seen if she gets sick again before her insurance kicks in.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Your DD can look at the Affordable Care Act exchanges to hold her over for a few months until her insurance kicks in. She should be able to get a low-cost plan with subsidies, especially if she only wants a catastrophic one. Just a little safety net, if God forbid there is an accident or needs hospitalization.

I'm glad that Lively (love that name!) is all set. ♥

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Your DD can look at the Affordable Care Act exchanges to hold her over for a few months until her insurance kicks in. She should be able to get a low-cost plan with subsidies, especially if she only wants a catastrophic one. Just a little safety net, if God forbid there is an accident or needs hospitalization.

I'm glad that Lively (love that name!) is all set. ♥
Thank you so much, Chris! I will let her know.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
So sorry to hear of all this that you are having to deal with right now Evelyn! It is far too much for any one person to handle!! Sending you all my most positive thoughts and wish I could come and give you a helping hand!! :hug2:

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I'm sorry that you and your loved ones are having such a rough time right now. I hope things improve for y'all soon.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
You all have so much to deal with! Hugs and prayers for you all. Hope the new year will be better for you all.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
So sorry to hear of all this that you are having to deal with right now Evelyn! It is far too much for any one person to handle!! Sending you all my most positive thoughts and wish I could come and give you a helping hand!! :hug2:
Thank you so much, Trudy. I know this is just a season and it will pass. Thankfully, Kara and Lively are both getting better from their illnesses. I rest when I can while Lively is napping. I'm hoping my energy level gets better little by little.