Oscraps

'Rescuing' and scrapping old photos

Lynn Grieveson

Designer
Designer
I've been really enjoying scrapping old photos lately.

My youngest is turning 21 in a matter of days ...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Sadly all the photos of her as a newborn and baby (until she was around one) were taken with a very poor quality early digital camera and they are tiny and highly pixelated. Ugh.

However, I have been using Topaz Gigapixel to rescue them and it works pretty well.

Here's the latest page I made with a couple of them which were otherwise unusable.

I used my new "Close to Perfect" collection

I also used it to scrap one of the very few photos I have of me and my gran. I was looking incredibly scruffy! (No excuse other than no money + travelling clothes!) but I love it anyway :)

Here's the Close to Perfect collection FYI

lgrieveson-close-to-perfect-bu-preview.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
These pictures look great, Lynn. I've never heard of Topaz Megapixel. I'll have to look into that. I have a few old pictures that aren't great quality. I love this collection and your pages!

LSlycord

Oh Lynne. I love this new kit! And how much fun that you were able to fix those photos of your daughter! I may need to take a look at that product!

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I have the same situation with Alyx's baby pictures. I'm definitely going to check this out. Thanks for sharing!!!! And, of course your kit is stunning as always!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I'm glad to hear that topaz gigapixel is working so well for you. I have topaz photo AI which also helps to improve photo quality and noise/grain. My only complaint is that it is graphically demanding, so runs slow on my computer, taking longer than I would like to render the image, but...it works so I'm not complaining (much) :)

timounette

CHEERY O
Oh Lynn I know how difficult it is to see our babies grown up.
Mine are 18 and 21 and time has gone by way too fast...

Your kit is beautiful.