Oscraps

Relay for Life

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
A bunch of you know that I participate in Relay for Life- both fundraising as well as as a Survivor. My local newspaper ran a story today online about it and woot! I was in the feature photo!:
Relay for Life to put the ‘fun’ in fundraiser on June 11-12 in West Milford

This photo of me still makes me laugh, as much as I was laughing that day. :D

You might not know that my dad was recently diagnosed with Prostate Cancer, and while he will only walk with me for the Caregiver laps, I am walking for him this year too. It got me thinking how many people I know that were diagnosed this past year in my life and I would imagine you all experience the same. It seems like I know more people with cancer or a cancer experience than without.

This might sound kind of corny (it is one of my best qualities, dontcha know heh!! ;)) but I am going to dedicate the third lap to all of you here that I know are Survivors or Caregivers. The first lap is to honor Survivors, the second for Caregivers who often have a tough, thankless job, and then for me this third lap will be for my O-Fam. I will keep you all in my heart as I make that trip around the track.

::grouphug

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
I absolutely adore you!!! Hey...send me your link to donate please. I have participated in Relay For Life...it is such a cool experience. WE had a friend who participates every year and she is always so sick but she walks miles every year. She walked much more than I did and I was healthy. I just love this event.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Thanks rae!
Clara- I feel like this past year has been a really bad one for Cancer Dx's, sooo many people that I care about...Good for yopur friend to keep on walking. I can't stay overnight, my body just can't do that, but I am there in spirit.

This is the link to my donations page:
http://relay.acsevents.org/site/TR?...=boundlessfundraising&s_subsrc=bfDskFbPfSched
But absolutely NO pressure/need to donate.

If any of you have someone particular that you would like for me to keep in mind (better yet, with my Lyme-Brain, I will write them down and put them in my pocket) on that Third Lap, PM me :love:

ninigoesdigi

O sO silly
Thank you so much for what you do! If it's not too late I would love you for having just even a 1 second thought for my Korean nephew still trying to get better from a leukemia last year. The road to recovery is still long but we still pray that it is on the good side of the mountain if that makes sense lol!

Will think about you that day! You rock!

Ellen

what a fun photo.
Chris what a lovely , sweet idea to dedicate your laps to people you" know" .
Yes ,I agree it seems we hear of people we know very regularly that they've got it too or had C.
it's a bit like when you are pregnant you suddenly see more and more people who are expecting -it's as if your eyes are looking in a different way. Or the brains take in other things.??
Will be thinking of you doing your laps.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Thanks Ellen! You are on my list too :love:

Yeah, that might be, that once you are aware of something, you see a lot more of it. Confirmation bias, is that the correct term?
xo

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Chris you are my hero!! So awesome that you are involved with this wonderful event!! :love:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Thank T!!!

I remembered to do this, and I kept all of you in my heart on that lap. :hug:
I was able to raise $150, and at the same time, this brings my family together.

My son has been together with his GF for almost 4 years. (gah, time flies!). Leah's father passed away the year before they met from colon cancer. She and her mom walk with me in memory of him and with the joy in knowing him through her- he sounds like he was a really neat guy- and the sadness that we will never meet him. It is just one more opportunity to share all of what live throws at us and makes us stronger.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Awww, you all make me feel so good!!! I have now raised over $200, and my brother's company will match donations so that will be another $50. Kickin' cancers butt!!! Woot! :jedi:

(now if we could just get the same awareness for Lyme disease *grumble grumble*)