Oscraps

Photo Swap - anyone interested?

sabdesbois

Feeling at hOme!
Great idea!
I have always found it interesting to play with someone else's pictures, because you don't always know the story behind the picture and can go into a new direction !

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I don't know anything about this, not do I think anyone would want *my* photos heheh! But I am really intrigued.
Can you all tell me a bit more about how this works?

sabdesbois

Feeling at hOme!
Chris, the idea is that scrappers exchange their photos so you will do a layout with someone else's pictures.
Once you're done with your layout, you can post it in the gallery and send the original big file to the owner of the photo.

I guess we could organize this quite "simply": anyone interested would just need to sign up in a thread. Maybe one of the Cheery-Os (I can!!) could gather everyone's photos, do a random attribution and then send one photo to scrap to each participant. Well, something like that... does that sound clear?!

And if you want to "spice up" the challenge, maybe we could add a couple of instructions such as "use a patterned paper", "use a round frame", "add 6 embellishments"...

This is really much fun to have one of your own pictures scrapped by someone else :)

Last edited by a moderator:

frani_54

On another site they had the host post a photo in the forum to start, the next person would take that photo and post a photo of their own, so on and so forth. I loved swapping photos and would definitely be interested in a swap.

ptabbert

On another site there was a sign up thread and partners were chosen and announced. Then you e-mailed your partner your full resolution photo(s). When finished, you would post the layout to the gallery and send the full resolution page via e-mail to your partner so they could print it if they wanted to. When you e-mail the photos, you can tell your partner if there are any specific things you would like to see or not see but usually everyone just let their partner do their thing.

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
Chris, the idea is that scrappers exchange their photos so you will do a layout with someone else's pictures.
Once you're done with your layout, you can post it in the gallery and send the original big file to the owner of the photo.

I guess we could organize this quite "simply": anyone interested would just need to sign up in a thread. Maybe one of the Cheery-Os (I can!!) could gather everyone's photos, do a random attribution and then send one photo to scrap to each participant. Well, something like that... does that sound clear?!

And if you want to "spice up" the challenge, maybe we could add a couple of instructions such as "use a patterned paper", "use a round frame", "add 6 embellishments"...

This is really much fun to have one of your own pictures scrapped by someone else :)

May you can organise this Sabine ? I will help if you need a hand ;)

Adryane

aA Creative Team Member
Sabine, will you let us know in this thread when you're ready to go with this? or where should I look?

sabdesbois

Feeling at hOme!
Hi there!
Be ready!
You can already start digging in your stash to pick the photo(s) you want to swap: challenge will go live next week ;)
I think we have found the good way to have it run all along the month!!