Oscraps

ooo.. no...!!

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Lydia it is horrifying and totally unreal!!! Toowoomba and Brisbane are totally flooded and the loss of life has been terrible! My hometown of Grafton is flooded and the roads are cut, I travelled out west (THAT was a terrifying trip in itself! didn't know it was going to be that bad!!!) for a business trip and it looks like I am going to be stranded for the next few days as I can't get home but that isn't a problem, at least I am fairly dry and not in any danger! I am watching the flood updates on the TV as I write this and they are evacuating 32 suburbs from the Brisbane area as the river there raises to a height not seen since 1974.

hondachicc

I just saw this video on TV on the Early Show!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!! SCARY!!!!!!

Ona...I am happy to hear that my Buddy is on dry ground, safe from the waters!!!! Now don't you run up a big ROOM SERVICE bill while you are stuck!!! :party:

petey111

Ona - I hope you get back home soon. You may be dry and safe, but I know it stinks to be away from home when there is so much going on!!

Ellen

glad you're safe , as soon as i saw Grafton I had to check
do go and find a big hill will ye /

I'm wondering how my cousins are they are all in the Brisbane area and were waiting for orders to evacuate , I have not heard anything since.

it's just mindboggling and hard to believe it's summer out there

do keep safe

Welshmummy

Yeah that is very scary! Ona we are pulling that you stay safe and don't get wet. That is including the wine LOL!!

But it's just incredible what is going on in the world isn't it. Birds dropping dead, earthquakes all over the world (England got one that shocked me lol) and floods! As humans we are not as powerful as we think for sure.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Wow!! That is scary!! I am so glad that you are safe Ona and I hope the rest of your family is safe also. I'll be sending prayers that way.

helenh

I just can't believe the size of the destruction!

It is moving south.....stay safe Ona!

It's just days of rain here.....unheard of waaaaay down south here at this time of year!

helenh

Ona! Check in please!

Just been watching the news! Grafton is next!

Did you make it home? Have you been evacuated. They think your levy will hold .... and the weather for the next few days is good.

If and when ... please let us know Ona.

Such a shame about your sugar fields :(

Bamm

I talked to my mom a few hours ago. She said Grafton is going to be hit next like Helen said. Stay safe!!!

Lydia Designs

oo thank God you're safe.... :pray2:

Lydia it is horrifying and totally unreal!!! Toowoomba and Brisbane are totally flooded and the loss of life has been terrible! My hometown of Grafton is flooded and the roads are cut, I travelled out west (THAT was a terrifying trip in itself! didn't know it was going to be that bad!!!) for a business trip and it looks like I am going to be stranded for the next few days as I can't get home but that isn't a problem, at least I am fairly dry and not in any danger! I am watching the flood updates on the TV as I write this and they are evacuating 32 suburbs from the Brisbane area as the river there raises to a height not seen since 1974.

Lydia Designs

But it's just incredible what is going on in the world isn't it. Birds dropping dead, earthquakes all over the world (England got one that shocked me lol) and floods! As humans we are not as powerful as we think for sure.

Yupz Ash.. we're not as powerful as we think...

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
hi ladies!!! I have been travelling all day and have only just got into the motel! thank you ALL so much for your concern!!! I am okay, I am not home, I am stranded 'out west' and will be living in motels until I can get home.

The river is expected to peak in Grafton tomorrow (Thurs) so I definitely won't be home before Saturday I would think! we are used to having floods and it is nothing like the QLD ones, the river is flowing quite quickly but there haven't been any huge surges as they have experience up north. a lot o fpeople have been evacuated but they are used to it and know the drill!! and they had some time to prepare,of course a lot of people will lose their homes, but not to the extent as what is happening up north.

all my kids are fine, they are not in flood prone areas and I spoke to all of them last night! my DH is home alone with Chewie the dog!! :) they have plenty of food and are not in any danger, our access road is cut of course but our house is well away from the creek that runs through the bottom of our property. so we are all okay and safe!!

I am just so sad at seeing all the turmoil happening up in Qld. Brisbane is about a 4 hrs drive from our place and it was/is a lovely city beside a beautiful river. Watching everything unfold on the tv just seems so surreal, some of pictures are just unbelievable, huge trucks, mobile homes, a wharf for goodness sakes and boat and yachts aplenty are all being swept away to sea!! I going to travel further north tomorrow and set up my base at a place called Armidale and work out of the ARmidale office for next few days. That way, as soon as a road is open I can go home, its around 2 and bit hrs by car from Armidale.

Again thank you all for your thoughts, I ask you send your prayers and positive thoughts to all the aussies caught up in the QLD floods, they certainly need them at this time!!! xx

Helen?? did you get any flooding down your way?? I saw on the radar last night that Melb. was getting a lot of rain?? hope you are okay too sweetie!! xx

hondachicc

So happy to know you are okay Ona!! and the family too!!!

It's too sad what is happening!!! It all just gives you the feeling of helplessness!! I will be praying sweetie!!!!

In the meanwhile...YOU STAY SAFE!!!!! :hug:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
This all makes me so speechless........
Ona, glad that you and your fam are safe.

Helen- hope you are safe too.

Ashalee..... its crazy, and heartbreaking......

Lydia Designs

Glad you & family are safe.
Will sent my prayer & positive thought for the people at that area. Wish everything get better soon

helenh

OH Ona! I am so relieved ... they said on the news last night that Grafton was well prepared, but if anything like Toowoomba came through - YIKES! Scary stuff.

I am waaaaaaaaaaaay down south and the weather has done a complete 180 from last week. Melbourne has dry heat but we have turned to a humid place. It was so humid last night my tiled floor was wet! Bizarre! We are all locked inside to as the rain just does not stop falling. Our house is fairly safe but this weather is certainly doing weird things!

Be safe Ona .. you must miss your home. Hang in there ...

Kiliki

Ona im so glad you are safe!! that is scary!!! i can't believe it took the cars away!!!! incredibly scary!!!

yvonnahenna

Ona, and other ppl from that area, stay safe!
I watch everything on the news now and than. It is nothing like the water that is rising near my village.

Good luck finding your way home!

mrstoa

mrstoa
Horrific! the floods, the weather, unbelievable! Surely, it's going to end soon.

Ona, stay safe and DRY

Helen - I hadn't seen anything about rains (any rain now in Australia is scary) in south?

Please check in so we know you're all safe -

who else is in the danger zone?

lotsa hugs