Oscraps

Ona's AJ/Mixed Media projects

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Well I have made a good start but doing it "hands-on" is going to be a bit tricky! lol! my craft table has already disappeared!! I am enjoying it, but gotta say it's a bit harder than I first thought so let's see how I go for the next couple of weeks! lol! Not sure how many I can fit in one post, so will need to test that out

DAY #1 & DAY #2: Using scrapbook papers, tissue paper that I have written on, and markings. Magazine cut outs, paints, inks.
DAY-1-AND-2.jpg

DAY #3 - I used a collage paper I had already created and made a little card which can be opened to see the text strips. DAY #4 - Magazine pics, white paint pen, ink, fairy on rice paper.
DAY-3-AND-4.jpg

DAY #5 - Using magazine and scrapbook papers and cut outs. DAY #6 - Finished off two old pages, using paints, paper pieces and magazine pictues.
DAY-5-AND-6.jpg

DAY #7 - Finished off two old pages, using paints, paper pieces and magazine pictues. DAY #8 - Magazine cutouts, scrapbook papers, old book papers (my fave to date :))
DAY-7-AND-8.jpg

DAY # 9 - Magazine and scrapbook papers. DAYS #10 - Mainly stickers and some textured/fibre papers in the background.
DAY-9-AND-10.jpg

DAY #11 - Mainly stickers and some textured/fibre papers in the background. DAYS #12 - Collaged scrapbook papers and some paint.
DAY-11-AND-12.jpg

DAY #13 - Easy day! :) Used clear back stickers + some pen work. DAY #14 - Collage, gesso and paint.
DAY-13-AND-14.jpg

DAY #15 - Magazine, mailed flower catalogue + collage background. DAY #16 - Collage, labels, stamps on tissue paper, paint.
DAY-15-AND-16.jpg

DAY #17 & 18 - Double page using Scrapbook papers, made little cards and a bookmark out of the same papers.
DAY-17-AND-18.jpg

DAY #19 - Magazine pics, old book paper, paint, washi DAY #20 - Magazine pics, scrapbook papers, vellum, stickers, paint
DAY-19-AND-20.jpg

DAY #21 - Stencil, collage, stickers, paint DAY #22 - Scrapbook, paint, cutouts.

DAY-21-AND-22.jpg

Last edited:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
DAY #23 - tissue paper, paint DAY #24 - Scrapbook papers, ink, magazine pics, paints
DAY-23-AND-24.jpg

DAY #25 - Collage, pen, paint, gesso DAY #26 - Old book papers, magazine pics, paints, pen
DAY-25-AND-26.jpg

DAY #27 - Lace, magazine cutouts DAY #28 - Collage alcholol ink, magazine pics,
DAY-27-AND-28.jpg

DAY #29 - Pics cut from older Stamper magazine DAY #30 - Magazine pics, alcholol inks, gesso, collage
DAY-29-AND-30.jpg

DAY #31 and DAY #32 - Double page, scrapbook cardstock, watercolour cut into circles and outer rings, scrapbook papers, gold and silver pens, wordart from magazines and books.
DAY-31-AND-32.jpg

DAY #33 - Magazine pic, gelli plate paper, collage DAY #34 - Alcholol inks on Yupo paper, white pen
DAY-33-AND-34.jpg

DAY #35 - Gelli plate paper, stencil, black paint + pen DAY #36 - Magazine page collage + pic, paints
DAY-35-AND-36.jpg

DAY #37 - Watercolor, stencil, stamping DAY #38 - Collage, Neocolor crayon, cut outs
DAY-37-AND-38.jpg

Last edited:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
DAY #39 Abstract/pen work + paper collage DAY #40 Scrapbook paper, collage, paint
DAY-39-AND-40.jpg

DAY #41 Tissue paper, magazine cut out, pen work. DAY #42 Paper collage, magazine pices, lace, gesso
DAY-41-AND-42.jpg

DAY #43 Collage, tissue paper, paints, white pen. DAY #44 Collage, stencil work, drawn & cut out leaves
DAY-43-AND-44.jpg

DAY #45 Collaged papers, paint, mag pics, pen work DAY #46 Collaged papers, fabric, mag pics, pen work, paint
DAY-45-AND-46.jpg

DAY #47 Collage paper and butterfly pics, paint, fabric DAY #48 Collaged papers, stencil, mag pics, paints, fabric
DAY-47-AND-48.jpg

DAY #49 Collaged paper pieces, paint, mag pics, pen work DAY #50 Mag pics, gesso, pen work
DAY-49-AND-50.jpg

DAY #51 Glued papers, pen work DAY #52 Scrapbook papers (cut up), white and silver pen
DAY-51-AND-52.jpg

DAY #53 Scrapbook papers (cut up), white pen, gesso DAY #54 Paper collage, pencil, mag pics, paint, pen
DAY-53-AND-54.jpg

DAY #55 Transfers, clear stickers, rub ons DAY #56 Transfers, clear stickers, rub ons
DAY-55-AND-56.jpg

DAY #57 Paper collage, mag pics, paint, pencil, pen DAY #58 Glued mark making papers, mag pics, paint, pencil
DAY-57-AND-58.jpg

DAY #59 insert info here DAY #60 insert info here

DAY #61 insert info here DAY #62 insert info here

Last edited:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
yay! finally made a start of posting my mixed media pieces here. Learning as I go along.......... my bright idea of being able to 'pull out' the individual sheets of paper isn't going to work...... they come out okay but are a bit hard to insert them back when they have stuff stuck down of them! lol! So I will have to work on smaller sheets of paper and then stick them into the journal, and just work on the pages in the journal where I can. :) I am also going to scan them, taking photo with camera and then downloading them will be a pain in the butt I think! at least I can scan them straight to my pc and then adjust in Photoshop. :)

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
You're doing much better than I am. My pages are pretty rough and I'm thinking of them as just sketchbook material, nothing finished. At least so far.
Jean, to my mind they don't need to be finished on the day, the challenge is simply to do something creative every day so even if you sketched something and then added something to it over the course of 4 -5 days I would think that you met the challenge requirement. :) I have just been looking through a lot of my older journals and have come across quite a few that are not finished AND one journal's spine has given up the ghost so I am going to use some of those pages and add something to simply finish them off on the days when I don't have any other ideas or time. :) The challenge is just for US don't forget, so we can create our own sub-rules, as long as we follow the over-arching requirement "do something creative every day for 100 days". :)

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Ona @wombat your mixed media pages are awesome! I LOVE what you've created so far and Jean @scrap-genie like Ona said, you can work at your own pace. I had planned on doing a week's worth, but so far have been doing a daily thing. That will probably change. Just have fun with this, that's what I'm trying to do. Can't wait to see what you create.

Last edited:

scrap-genie

I love Day 6 & 7. You've finished them off so well. I don't do much in the way of dimensional collage but you make it look wonderful. Also love the colors in those two.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
They are ALL MAGNIFICENT!!!! I wish I could watch you create one of these....time to start a YouTube channel...c'mon!!! :giggle4: :beatingheart::heartpumpred::beatingheart::heartpumpred::beatingheart:
Thanks hun! xxxx not sure about YouTube, it can take me a couple of days to start and finish one off. When I get bogged down I start a new one and then go back at look at no. 1 again and I can see what I need to do to finish it off. :) Piecing a video together after all that would take forever!!! :lol23:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I love Day 6 & 7. You've finished them off so well. I don't do much in the way of dimensional collage but you make it look wonderful. Also love the colors in those two.
Thanks Jean, yes I really liked the calm soft colours I used for those two collages. They are a lot softer in real life, trying to take a photo is always a hard thing to do to keep it natural looking! :)

Rachel Jefferies

Designer
Designer
This is inspiring Ona, they are stunning!! I am still in my head and haven't started yet as I've had a weird week health wise and have been busy at work so I'll be jumping in late and in a forever mode of catch up as usual! These really are gorgeous!

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
This is inspiring Ona, they are stunning!! I am still in my head and haven't started yet as I've had a weird week health wise and have been busy at work so I'll be jumping in late and in a forever mode of catch up as usual! These really are gorgeous!
awe thank you sweetness!! as I said somewhere else, I am not going to start and finish one project everyday, I have several pieces I have started and then I will finish each on one of the days. I even tore out some pages from a journal that had come apart and were not finished so I am using those as my bases and just adding a few things to them. So technically I am still doing something creative every day and now that I am getting into a routine of sorts I am having fun! :) Sorry to hear you have been unwell Rachel, hope you get back to your 'normal' soon my friend! :hug2: :beatingheart:

Last edited:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Thanks girls!! ♥ so far it's been fun......... but dare I say it......... I am starting to run out of ideas!!!!! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Here are my Days 8 - 11. Getting a good photo is hard, we have had some cloudy days so having to lighten them up on the PC is taking time. :angry4: Waiting for Days 12 and 13 to dry so I can take photos of those and then today I need to start today's, #14! whew!!! lol! I think my most fave piece is my Day 8 with the butterfly........ as soon as I saw that picture in the magazine I knew what my piece would look like! lol!