Oscraps

OMG I'm freezing.

Jodie McNally Designs

aka lilysmama
Here is a little piece from our local weather tonight...

"While we are digging out from the biggest snow event this winter season, we now have to prepare ourselves for the most brutal temperatures and barbaric winds chills in ten years. Clear skies and a freshly fallen snow combine to drop temperatures tonight to -15 to -20. Once you add in the wind, it will feel like -40! Abundant sunshine Thursday will do very little to warm us up. High temperatures will not reach zero. In fact, highs will be -5 to -10 and wind chills will, again, be near -40. That sets the stage for near record and dangerous cold Thursday night. Many locations will see the thermometer drop to -20 to -25. It does start to warm slowly Friday as clouds increase leading to light snow Friday afternoon through Saturday. Weekend highs, although only in the 20s, will seem warm compared to what we have to deal with in the next 48 hours."

Really????????????? REALLY???? Send coffee, please. And those fun hand-warming things hunters use. And new slippers. Or just come get me and take me somewhere warm. ROFL!!!

leiks

oh my gosh. I would freeze in that weather!! Sending you visions of sunshine and palm trees from Hawai'i. It was 80 something degrees today. Wanna hope on a plane and come visit, lol?

Bush Girl

OH MY WORD. Sending you what little heat we have - it's about 40 degrees here which although not warm is balmy compared to you.

One suggestion....move to Europe. We don't usually get wild extremes of temperatures, we don't get any natural disasters like earthquakes etc (at least not in northern/western Europe), we don't have many (and in the UK's case, any) poisonous animals, and quite a lot of us speak English! However, given your weather, I don't suppose there are any planes flying right now, so perhaps that idea isn't a goer.

So, I've put the coffee on for you - can you smell it? And I'll bake up some cookies, but don't tell the Healthy-Os or I'll get kicked out of my team!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Oh me too Jodie!! And we are not as bad as that- we are at 10 degrees right now, with a low of -2. I have no idea what the wind chill is but I am sure it isn't going to be pretty.

And I am a summer girl- this cold weather just kills me.

*huddles in with Jodie and sips Selena's coffee*

Jodie McNally Designs

aka lilysmama
Thanks, everyone! The mercury is reading -19.8 this morning. The wind chill is making it -40 they say. :( BRRRRRRRRRRRR! Ahhh...coffee and cookies. Yum. :)

kris-she-sam-kye

oh dear...its actually around 20 degrees here in the Philippines which is unusual as well, everybody's getting sick because of the weather, i think i'd have to wear a dozen coats to keep me warm in that temperature!.....hugs to keep you all warm >:D<

LoriK

I can not imagine your cold, does not even compute. For I am freezing here in Florida! ha.

t_a_l_i

I totally get you, Jodie. We had those temps 2 days ago - -15 or so plus a really horrible wind chill. Our high was -3 on Tuesday. YUCK!!! Right now we are warmer - 25 degrees - and I'm happy about it! You know it's bad when you're happy that the temp is above freezing.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Where in the world do you guys live?? The tundra?? Siberia?? I would turn inot a popsicle if I lived there.

LindaPete

Aberdeen, South Dakota was the coldest place on the planet (well - at least the US) this morning. -39 air temp! But it's warming up!

Bobbi

I can relate. We were -22 this morning in Minnesota and my kids still have school. Ugh! I bundled them very warm.

t_a_l_i

I just looked at the temp again. My eyes must have been fooling me this morning. I thought it was 25 degrees.

Didn't see the - in front of it!!!!!!!!!

Now it is -13.5. I am not looking forward to getting my daughter from school! Yikes!

mei74

Lordy, and here I was complaining at 20 degrees! Wow, it's cold where you all are!!! Let's all go to Sally and Cora's house! :)

NicosMommy

LOL. it was about 9 degrees here today (Connecticut) and we got snow all morning until about 1pm. only about 4 inches though. Jodie I am sending you my Starbucks fav....A yummy piping hot Peppermint skim Mocha w/ xtra peppermint!! Yumm!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MommySpice

You think you're cold....It only got up to 70 degrees here the past couple of days! Talk about cold!

Okay...don't shoot me. *lol* I told you to come live in California. ;)

RealRach

Feeling it in Michigan too. Its currently -6 and wind chills in the -20's with potential of -30 with the gusts. Brrr....Got my laptop on me keeping me warm! LOL

petey111

I'm with you too girl. -17 this morning! All of us Freezing O's need to huddle up together in the middle of the country!! (And the northeast...) =)

Myoldanlac

I Love TaylorMadeDesigns
COLD ... hehehehehehehehehehehe .... it's 0 F here right now ... with a windchill of -18 F!!! Plus a snowsquall warning ??? WHAT THE HECK?? LOL!!!

Or -18C or -28C with Windchill!! ;)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
It is even colder here today- right now it is -11. It nmight get up to +11!

Glad I am staying inside.

And can I just rant about the idiocy of teenage boys? Scott doesn't wear a coat to school. Apparently no one does. And from what I have seen, no one does!!
He has a hoodie and gloves.... but the mom in me is screaming, you need a coat!
I guess it isn't that big of a deal- he gets in the warm car and then the warm bus and then the really hot school. And Back again. I know he really isn't going to catch a cold from the weather.... but why does that stay so ingrained? Its like the "I told you so"- it just is part of a mom's genetic makeup.

Bobbi

We are once again -20 this morning. Our high for the day is supposed to be 5 above zero. Brrr!

harley96chic

ok ya.....talking about cold. I deliver the mail.....walking that is ......in city limits and let me tell ya....it was 6 degrees and wind blowing up to 20 mile an hour. I have froze by booty off and I get the next two days off and let me tell ya.....I am not going out of the house !!!