Oscraps

OMG!!! Homemade butter is heaven!

ninigoesdigi

O sO silly
I had to run here to share my little happiness of the day because this is just too good!

I tried to make butter today!! And it is soooo good!! I had a slice of baguette toasted and my freshly made butter and it was heaven!! lol
I can't wait tomorrow morning to try it with jam too ;)

If you have a food processor or a Kitchenaid like me you should try!! It is sooooo easy!! The recipe I followed is here. Bon appétit !!

http://www.breadandwithit.com/homemade-butter/

13100784_10154088835674871_6480070500342844017_n.jpg

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
OMG I will have to try this for sure!! Looks heavenly!! I love butter and it is so expensive to buy!! Thanks for sharing Nini!!

SharLamb

Sharron
I sure feel old. I've made butter the old fashioned way...a sort of jar with a paddle in it that you crank...cream fresh from the cow...more than 50 years ago on my aunt's ranch in Montana. Yep. It's GOOOOOOOD. Could never eat margarine after that (which is what my mother bought).

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Isn't it, nini? So good!

When I was first married, I was teaching my 3 and 4 yo class about food groups (as they were known way back then :D ) and we made butter as part of our science lesson. Whipping cream in a clean jar and took turns passing it around the circle, shaking and shaking. Then we used it to butter home made bread for our snack.
I was a pretty cool teacher, right?

we had a successful project and I was so proud of myself so when I got home to my new hubby, I told him all about it. he didn't believe me that it was possible!

Whatever. hmmph.

I go to bed that night and I wake up to hear "shake, shake, shake" coming from the kitchen. He is shaking the leftover cream in a jar and is like a little kid, all excited-- It works, i made butter!

(dork. I married a dork. LOL)

Danesa

Danesa
Oh geez, thanks, Nini!!! I was bad girl and made homemade bread this week now I may have to be bad TWICE this week and make this. Definitely looks good and I miss my butter. Healthy eating sucks sometimes. haha (Thanks for sharing it...I think!)

Nickel

Feeling Owsome at the O!
CHEERY O
Great idea. i don't have that wondermichine but maybe with my old moulinex..;)

sandsock

I am laughing so hard. I have made butter a number of times, when I overbeat the whipping cream!!!! I like my whipping cream stiff, and try to keep it just on the verge of turning, so I am not very happy when I get butter!

ninigoesdigi

O sO silly
Isn't it, nini? So good!

When I was first married, I was teaching my 3 and 4 yo class about food groups (as they were known way back then :D ) and we made butter as part of our science lesson. Whipping cream in a clean jar and took turns passing it around the circle, shaking and shaking. Then we used it to butter home made bread for our snack.
I was a pretty cool teacher, right?

we had a successful project and I was so proud of myself so when I got home to my new hubby, I told him all about it. he didn't believe me that it was possible!

Whatever. hmmph.

I go to bed that night and I wake up to hear "shake, shake, shake" coming from the kitchen. He is shaking the leftover cream in a jar and is like a little kid, all excited-- It works, i made butter!

(dork. I married a dork. LOL)

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ninigoesdigi

O sO silly
OMG I will have to try this for sure!! Looks heavenly!! I love butter and it is so expensive to buy!! Thanks for sharing Nini!!

You're welcome! It just feel so much better when it's homemade... I'm pretty sure butter stays butter but it tastes better when you had to do it yourself... or at least, in your kitchen :biggrin:

ninigoesdigi

O sO silly
Oh geez, thanks, Nini!!! I was bad girl and made homemade bread this week now I may have to be bad TWICE this week and make this. Definitely looks good and I miss my butter. Healthy eating sucks sometimes. haha (Thanks for sharing it...I think!)

Once in a while it can't be that bad, right? :biggrin: Just spread it thin te he he ;)

Aussiekat

Didn't realize this was so easy to make - although sounds like it might be a bit messy when you first start.

ninigoesdigi

O sO silly
Didn't realize this was so easy to make - although sounds like it might be a bit messy when you first start.

Actually not so much when you start but when it's almost finished is the most messy. The butter is hard and stay entangled in the whisker but the buttermilk flies around yes. I have a cover for my Kitchenaid and it helps but I would recommend to have a towel or something to somehow block the drops to get out :grin:

petey111

My sister-in-law always makes homemade butter. I don't know why I've never taken the time to do it. We prefer natural butter to margarine and fake stuff! And it's so easy...not sure why I haven't done it. We have tried making our own refried beans. It was a PITA and not worth it at all. But butter...I can believe we can do that.