Oscraps

Need or Want to Disguise Your Journaling?

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
In one of my previous challenges, I promised to provide a tutorial on a super simple way to disguise journaling on a scrapbook or art journaling page. This is particularly useful if you want to post to online galleries or social media, but don't want the entire world reading the details of your life, but still need the journaling for when your print your pages. Of course, you could always hide the layer with the text, but sometimes the placement of your words makes them an integral part of the page design, and hiding it would leave a gaping hole.

Honestly, my solution is so easy you'll be wondering why we never thought of it before! You can see the tutorial on my website — and also get a free PDF with step-by-step instructions. Let me know what you think!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Wow @Vicki Robinson !!! You are so right I was slapping my head thinking why did I never think of doing this!! It is so easy! Great tutorial!! I had no idea you could put in your own words to try out the font in DaFont, how cool is that also! I guess you are never too old to find out something new :greengrin:! Thanks so much!:bowdown: Hail Queen Vicki!!!

Vicki Robinson

Designer
Wow @Vicki Robinson !!! You are so right I was slapping my head thinking why did I never think of doing this!! It is so easy! Great tutorial!! I had no idea you could put in your own words to try out the font in DaFont, how cool is that also! I guess you are never too old to find out something new :greengrin:! Thanks so much!:bowdown: Hail Queen Vicki!!!
Thanks, Trudy. You made me giggle!!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Thank you SO much, Vicki! I never thought of this, either. I love the look of "random script" on a page too and this is perfect for that look as well!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Vicki, I decided to put your tips into action. I just used your method, went to Da Font - tried out lots of small hand written fonts and used this one to do my personal journaling. Somebody commented that they like the word "stamps" I used. Thought I'd show you how well it worked out for me.

Vicki Robinson

Designer
Vicki, I decided to put your tips into action. I just used your method, went to Da Font - tried out lots of small hand written fonts and used this one to do my personal journaling. Somebody commented that they like the word "stamps" I used. Thought I'd show you how well it worked out for me.

Wow! That turned out great! So glad you liked the tutorial!

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
This is such a cool idea! I LOVE using text as part of my page design - and I often change my real journaling for something generic like 'we had a great time walking down the street'. But this is better. I need to try it!

Vicki Robinson

Designer
This is such a cool idea! I LOVE using text as part of my page design - and I often change my real journaling for something generic like 'we had a great time walking down the street'. But this is better. I need to try it!
Can’t wait to see!