Oscraps

May Challenge #1 - Double Scraplift

melscrap

CHEERY O

1714293855070.png
All members that participate, can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge
so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you!

Hi everyone and welcome to the Double Scraplift challenge.

Whenever I run low on inspiration, I love browsing the galleries and finding new ideas to incorporate into my layouts, or even scraplift.
That is what we'll be doing in this challenge.

I've chosen 2 layouts from our gallery that we will use as inspiration for a new layout. Here's what I want you to do:

1. Take inspiration from BOTH layouts to create your page.
2. Tell me what inspired you from each layout.

Your layout can be about any topic you choose.

First up is Spring is in the air! by Westina

The second is April Challenge 1: Quote by our newest CheeryO LauraD.

Here's my sample layout:

I was inspired by the block alpha, scattered flowers and stamps/paint from layout 1 and the multiple background papers and single photo in layout 2.

Now it's your turn. I look forward to seeing how these two layouts inspire you!

RULES:
- Use the two provided layouts as inspiration to create a single new layout.
- Please tell me what inspired you from each layout.

- Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your layout can not be used for more than one challenge.
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 1 gallery by midnight PST 31 May 2024 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to add your linked layout).
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Su_Sanne

View attachment 417907
All members that participate, can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge
so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you!

Hi everyone and welcome to the Double Scraplift challenge.

Whenever I run low on inspiration, I love browsing the galleries and finding new ideas to incorporate into my layouts, or even scraplift.
That is what we'll be doing in this challenge.

I've chosen 2 layouts from our gallery that we will use as inspiration for a new layout. Here's what I want you to do:

1. Take inspiration from BOTH layouts to create your page.
2. Tell me what inspired you from each layout.

Your layout can be about any topic you choose.

First up is Spring is in the air! by Westina

The second is April Challenge 1: Quote by our newest CheeryO LauraD.

Here's my sample layout:

View attachment 418034

I was inspired by the block alpha, scattered flowers and stamps/paint from layout 1 and the multiple background papers and single photo in layout 2.

Now it's your turn. I look forward to seeing how these two layouts inspire you!

RULES:
- Use the two provided layouts as inspiration to create a single new layout.
- Please tell me what inspired you from each layout.

- Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your layout can not be used for more than one challenge.
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 1 gallery by midnight PST 31 May 2024 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to add your linked layout).
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.
Great Layout! Please credit your work - I like to know which beautiful kit you used .

melscrap

CHEERY O
The first post has been updated with a link to the sample layout in the gallery so you can see the credits.
Thanks for being patient with those of us in different timezones :)

isDK

I wanted to use the photo with the inspiration of diagonal lines, but when it came down to it, I couldn't use papers to tell the story better than the big photo did, so I went with it. The word art using alphas in the strip of course is inspired by the other page. :p

melscrap

CHEERY O
I wanted to use the photo with the inspiration of diagonal lines, but when it came down to it, I couldn't use papers to tell the story better than the big photo did, so I went with it. The word art using alphas in the strip of course is inspired by the other page. :p
I totally agree with you re the impact of the big photo.

tillykaye

From the first photo I took inspiration from the subject of the layout - cats, the positioning of the photos, the text being vertical and there being a small cluster (I put mine top right though instead of bottom left.
From the second photo I took inspiration from the layout of the background papers

Norma

Thanks for the challenge!
From 1st I used a cat, blocked text, stamped flowers and leaves,
border, butterfly, stitching and button
From 2nd I used I used the angled papers, leaves, patterned paper

Christi

I used the buttons, butterfly, alpha and some greenery to lift the first page and multiple papers and flowers from the second.
This was quite a challenge for me and took the longest of them all to come together but I loved the challenge!

JeanneMN

CHEERY O
From Template 1: The cats remind me of Sylvester waiting to pounce on Tweetie. "I tawt I taw a Poody tat."
From Template 2: I got the inspiration to use a quote.

Terri M

I was inspired to use the dark, busy background and the size and position of the photo from the first layout. Using a single photo with a quote, the round element below the photo, and the vine in the corner came from the second.

LauraD

Scrapbooking reminds us that life is beautiful.
CHEERY O
I am loving all of the pages! Great job everyone. I love the take on the inspiration of my page.

Dady

I was inspired by the flowers and cat photos on the first layout and by the different background papers and the single photo on the second layout.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
Love this challenge! From the first layout I took the diagonally placed cat photos and a funky title font; from the second photo I took those fabulous paper layers, the tape securing the photos, and the journaling on a card.