Oscraps

May Art Journaling Challenge #3 "Families Come in Many Shapes and Sizes"

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Cheryl here and I'm so thrilled to be joining the monthly Art Journaling team!

This month's Challenge Theme is all about Family - By Heart or by Blood.

Family is about connection. It's about feeling like we belong somewhere and with someone. Whether it's our blood relatives, close friends, or coworkers, the people we consider family are the ones who make us feel seen, heard, and valued. They are the ones who make us feel like we are part of something bigger than ourselves, and for that, we are forever grateful. But enough about me.

Week 3 Families Come In Many Shapes and Sizes.

This week's Art Journaling topic is "family come in many shapes and sizes. As discussed in the prior weeks, "family" isn't always by blood, sometimes family is by "heart". Did you have anyone in your family (by blood or heart) that had a special influence on your life? A special person you'd like to make an art journaling page about. Perhaps you would like to write a letter to them, even if they're no longer here on earth. Maybe your journaling is too personal, and you'd like to do some hidden journaling - that's okay. I've done pages where I poured my heart out, then completely covered it up. After all, you know what you wrote. Think about somebody who made an impact on your life and let that guide you in your personal journey into this week's topic.

I was very close to my mom's best friend, Lois. We used to get together about once a week for "soup night". I always thought of Lois as my second Mom. She had three boys, and they were all free spirits, like her. My mom was anything but a free spirit. I remember how she chided Lois about the way she was raising her boys. They all had long hair and my mom thought that was awful - she told Lois that they looked like girls. Lois never flinched when my mom criticized her; she just looked at Mom and said, "they're just trying to find themselves, Jeanne." I was never sure why they were such good friends because they were so opposite, but they were. Years later, Lois and I laughed about a lot of things concerning their friendship. She said she thought Mom was too strict, but never felt like it was her place to say much. She would frequently "take our side" however.

I chose to scrap a page about Lois and decided to take this opportunity to honor her, even though she sadly passed away a few years ago. She knew how I felt and how much I loved her. Do you have anybody special in your life that you'd like to create a page about? Maybe thank them for always being there for you?

Here's my layout that I hope will give you some inspiration.

May-AJ-Challenge.jpg

I used Palvinka Designs Book of Memories to create my layout. We'd like for you to use digital stamps this month and this collection includes them. (Most art journaling kits include digital stamps.)

Palvinka_BookOfMemeories_preview_collection.jpg

Everyone who participates in any of this month's challenges will be entered into a drawing for a $5 gift certificate to Oscraps. You can receive up to four entries into this month's drawing.

I can't wait to see what you have to share about your "FAMILY."

Challenge Rules:
You have until 11:59 p.m. ET on May 31st to complete your pages for this challenge.
  1. To qualify for the drawing, you need to use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store (non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not).
  2. You need to credit all the products used on your page.
  3. You cannot use a page you create for this challenge for another Oscraps challenge.
  4. Upload your page to the Art Journal Gallery and then add your layout to the challenge thread. (Below you will find instructions on adding your page to this thread.)

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:

Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).

This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.

Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Last edited:

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
OOOO - I have a few ideas in mind. I know this month might be one that you have to think a little deeper on, but I guarantee when you're done, you'll be happy you did!!!