Oscraps

*Klosed* AnnaLift (9.30.11-10.6.11)

SharLamb

Sharron
Here's mine. It may be to my creative detriment that I am such a literal scraplifter. The challenge to me is to make mine look as much like the original as possible, normally using different elements. Loved the blocks...the swirls behind...
9-30-11_copy.jpg

ViVre

I would do it that way as well Francine, but maybe instead of the marquee I would use the 'magic' wand selection to click on a shape then copy and paste to another layer, like Francine mentioned, breaking the png file into its own layers. Then clip your photo or page to it as per normal!

Julie, there is NEVER any dumb questions!!!! we are all still learning!! xx

I use Photoshop CS.
Using the 'magic wand' tool I activate the 'contiguous' option.
Then in the layer menu I choose 'new layer' and 'new layer by copy'.
Shortkey: Ctrl+J (that's on PC, don't now Mac)

PS.
At age 7 i came home from school and cried because other children don't ask questions. I believed they know and understand everything immediately. And i had asked so much: so i thought i was 'dumb'. Praise my father (he was a teacher himself) for he told me that it are smart children that ask questions. Now I'm 51 and still remember (and practice!) that 'wise advice'.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dady

All your pages are wonderful, thank you all.

To answer Julie, this is how I proceed with PSE9
1. With the magic wand, I select a block
2. Right click and select Layer via Copy
3. A new layer is formed with the selection, layer that can be used as a mask after.

I hope you understand my explanation
PS - Thanks to ViVre, for thinking of to link to PNG

minideb

I got my entry ready for Annas challenge... can somebody who is more talented than I ... today tell me if I have the page, title etc in the right place for the challenge. I oh so want to do it correct!

mcdonalds_marina_copy.jpg

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
i decided to go with a "nature page" and I used the blocking templates that ViVre hooked us up with (thanks so much hon!!)

Thanks for a great lift!!

donnagoar

Just want to say on behalf of Anna and everyone on Anna’s Creative Team THANK YOU for participating in the AnnaLift Challenge this week and filling the gallery with your wonderful pages inspired by Geraldine (Dady)! We were so amazed and inspired by how each one of you ArtPlayed!!

The random generator selected number 12 which belonged to ‘MaggieMae’ (Julie) and she will receive a $5 GiftKard to Anna’ s shop. (‘MaggieMae’ check your messages.)

ScreenHunter_05Oct061514.jpg

Congratulations to Julie, and THANKS again to everyone for your participation in the AnnaLift Challenge and be sure to check out the NEW AnnaLift challenge every Friday here at the O.

Thanks!
Anna and Team

Javamonster

But...it's only 4:22pm my time! It's still early!

:(

Edited to add: I see that entries are due by noon EST. Somehow, I missed it. :( Anyway, here's my tardy entry: