Oscraps

*Klosed* AnnaLift (9.30.11-10.6.11)

donnagoar

Hey Everyone!

It’s Friday and time for another challenge from Anna Aspnes.

Each Friday one creative page is selected from the Anna gallery as the weekly ‘AnnaLift.’ Check out the inspiration page and decide what speaks to you. Is it the design, the color, the wordart, or maybe the photo? Choose ONE idea from the page to lift or choose it ALL and lift it completely. There is no right or wrong way to ArtPlay. Be inspired and create your ‘AnnaLift’ and then upload your page to the Anna gallery. Upload your page by Thursday 10.6.11 by noon EST with the title, ‘AnnaLift ’ and one lucky participant will be randomly selected to win a $5 GiftKard to Anna’s shop. The winner will be posted each Thursday here in the forum.

This week’s beautiful inspiration was created by Geraldine, ‘Dady’. Her page ‘The Autumn Came’ lends itself perfectly to an ‘AnnaLift.’ Choose your photo(s) and some of Anna’s digital goodness and see where your creation flows.

https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=237006&title=the-autumn-came&cat=1351
Oscraps-AASPN.jpg

We invite you come join us in the gallery and share your ‘AnnaLift.’ You know we always LOVE to see how you ArtPlay. Remember, there is no right or wrong way to ArtPlay……………..Anna just wants us all to PLAY.

Thanks!
Anna and Team

Last edited by a moderator:

frani_54

Love the simple design that shows off the picture. And of course love the blocking here....one of my favorite ways to scrap. great choice.

Dady

I came to look for the new lift of this week and surprised :) I discover one of my pages, thank you for this incredible honor, I look forward to seeing your beautiful pages Ladies and I take advantage of it to thank you, for all your kind comments, in the gallery.

Excuse my bad English :(

ViVre

Love the composition!!

If you want an easy start to the blocking-composition, you can find the PNG-file here: link !!
Set 1.

mrstoa

mrstoa
Beautiful choice! this layout is a favourite of mine - love the blocked design and the monochrome tones!

donnagoar

Love the composition!!

If you want an easy start to the blocking-composition, you can find the PNG-file here: link !!
Set 1.

Thank you!! Everyday I find something new to LOVE about the O. Such a wonderful group of sharing people.

Thanks,
Donna

Ellen

greta choice to lift, I just love those rounded corners and Vivre thanks for the link.. what a treasure

talyq

Are there any rules as to what products have to be used for this? Can it only be Anna's Design or only Oscrap products? Thanks.

donnagoar

Are there any rules as to what products have to be used for this? Can it only be Anna's Design or only Oscrap products? Thanks.

Thanks for the question, 'talyq,' and Anna's response about products:

'I'm happy for participants to use any product they like from another designer or store even, I ask only that their layout have a little AnnaProduct included.'

Thanks.
Donna

talyq

Thanks for the question, 'talyq,' and Anna's response about products:

'I'm happy for participants to use any product they like from another designer or store even, I ask only that their layout have a little AnnaProduct included.'

Thanks.
Donna

Thank you. That's what I needed to know. Off to be inspired :)

whatnext

eeeek!! i am so BAD doing a blocked page!! i don't think i did justice to Dady's gorgeous page. but here's my best effort:

Last edited by a moderator:

profolly

aA Creative Team Member
AnnaLift

Found this one difficult not sure how blocks work so sort of made it up as I went along -(

11_5x8_Oscraps_AA_.jpg

MaggieMae

I love the two sets of collaged photos - they aren't .psd files but each one is a .png file. I feel like a dummy, but I'm not sure how to clip photos to each part separately. I'd be so happy if someone would let me know how to do it (I do feel like a dummy!!! :-?)

digigal

I love the two sets of collaged photos - they aren't .psd files but each one is a .png file. I feel like a dummy, but I'm not sure how to clip photos to each part separately. I'd be so happy if someone would let me know how to do it (I do feel like a dummy!!! :-?)

Maggie, Never feel like a "dummy" as we ALL have something we don't know. So, here is what I would do, I'm sure there are other ways, but this comes to mind: you could "cut" the png blocks into different layers using your marquee. Then clip your photo to each block. (I would save the original first so you can use it again). Maybe someone else has another way. .
~francine

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I would do it that way as well Francine, but maybe instead of the marquee I would use the 'magic' wand selection to click on a shape then copy and paste to another layer, like Francine mentioned, breaking the png file into its own layers. Then clip your photo or page to it as per normal!

Julie, there is NEVER any dumb questions!!!! we are all still learning!! xx

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Fabulous page to lift Donna!! I love Geraldine's pages, certainly going to have a go with this one!!! :)