Oscraps

**Klosed** AnnaLift (10.14.11-10.20.11)

donnagoar

Hey Everyone!

It’s Friday and time for another challenge from Anna Aspnes.

Each Friday the AnnaTeam selects one creative page from the Anna gallery as the weekly ‘AnnaLift.’ Check out the inspiration page and decide what speaks to you. Is it the design, the color, the wordart, or maybe the photo? Choose ONE idea from the page to lift or choose it ALL and lift it completely. There is no right or wrong way to ArtPlay. Be inspired and create your ‘AnnaLift’ and then upload your page to the Anna gallery. Upload your page by Thursday 10.20.11 by NOON EST with the title, ‘AnnaLift ’ and one lucky participant will be randomly selected to win a $5 GiftKard to Anna’s shop. The winner will be posted each Thursday here in the forum.

This week’s beautiful inspiration was created by KathyJ.
https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=238835&title=a-notecard&cat=1351
Notecard.jpg

Kathy created this beautiful NoteKard and it lends itself so well to an ‘AnnaLift.’ Kathy said it perfectly when she posted her page, “Anna made a post on her blog this week about creating cards. I love to make cards. Love the small canvas size. Fun to do and adds that little something for the receiver.” How wonderful to be the recipient of Kathy's gorgeous Kard. Here is the link to Anna’s blog for more inspiration from Anna Aspnes and Deb Rymer that Kathy mentioned.
http://annaaspnes.typepad.com/anna/2011/10/cards-invites-and-a-mid-week-release.html

Choose one inspiration from Kathy’s NoteKard or choose them all along with some of Anna’s digital goodness and see where your Kard creativity flows.

Anna Aspnes and Deb Rymer have a new line of KardPrintz card printables for the digital and hybrid crafter coming to the store today. Deb is an AnnaTeam member, hybrid crafter and card maker. So be sure to check them out for even more creative fun.
http://www.oscraps.com/shop/home.php?cat=383&treem=1

We invite you come join us in the gallery and share your NoteKard ‘AnnaLift.’ You know we always LOVE to see how you ArtPlay. Remember, there is no right or wrong way to ArtPlay……………..Anna just wants us all to PLAY.

UPLOAD YOUR 'ANNALIFT' KARD BY NOON EST 10.20.11 AND CHECK BACK HERE TO SEE WHO WINS THE GIFTKARD.

Thanks!
Anna and Team

Last edited by a moderator:

minideb

I love your choice for the inspiration - can't wait to see all the new stuff and what everyone comes up with!

whatnext

YAY!! this is such a great card, and this time, i'll actually be AIMING to make a card for the lift!

Ella_75

beautiful inspiuration !!

and @Whatnext : wow, really really great !! I'm impressed !

this challenge is really difficult !! :frusty: !!!

donnagoar

beautiful inspiuration !!

and @Whatnext : wow, really really great !! I'm impressed !

this challenge is really difficult !! :frusty: !!!

Please let us know if you have any questions. We are all happy to help and share. Love to see what you create!

Donna

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I still haven't made a card for my Godson's Christening, which is tomorrow.
Maybe I'll use this challenge to get some mojo going.....

donnagoar

I still haven't made a card for my Godson's Christening, which is tomorrow.
Maybe I'll use this challenge to get some mojo going.....

Chris, I'm excited to see what your mojo creates for your Godson's Christening card. The challenge is perfect timing.
Donna

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
*jumping up and down*
I did it, I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't think you enough Donna and anna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been struggling for days- and I did it thanks to this lift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Can ya tell I am tad bit overjoyed?? LOL)
card-for-christopher_resize.jpg

and the insert:
card-for-christopher-insery_resize.jpg

Here is the finsihed card- it is the first "real" card I ever made.
The lighting is terrible but I don't have time to fix it.

CIMG1733 by faerywings, on Flickr

digigal

Donna,

In Anna's example on her blog, she made 6 cards to fit (with the addition of a border (1"?) on 8 l/1 x 11 page. I guess I could do the math, but I'm too lazy - what size should the cards be? Thanks :)

donnagoar

Donna,

In Anna's example on her blog, she made 6 cards to fit (with the addition of a border (1"?) on 8 l/1 x 11 page. I guess I could do the math, but I'm too lazy - what size should the cards be? Thanks :)

I'm sure Anna or Deb will answer here, but I set my rulers on an 8.5 x 11 in. canvas and set the border at 1/4 in. as Anna said she did and it appears her cards were 2 3/4 in x 5 1/4 in. lined up right next to one another.

FYI-Anna and Deb's KardPrintz instructions come complete with all sizing and measurements figured for us...........love that!

Donna

profolly

aA Creative Team Member
Thanks

Here is my effort. I love layering so had a great time love all the posts they are all so different.

5_75x3_taking-the-time.jpg

KathyJ

WOW .... all these cards are just wonderful!!! Thank you so much for having the honour of being the liftee.
Donna said to lift myself :embarassed:. I decided a fold-over gift card would be fun.

Deb Rymer

u (guys definitely) rock!

WOW! You all have been rocking this AnnaLift - and inspired me to make a card to tell you so (with the help of Anna's great new Rock Star ArtPlay)! I have just LOVED seeing all your cards - they are amazingly gorgeous! Here's my card.

20111016-you-rock-5x7-for-web.jpg

Deb

Deb Rymer

As far as sizes go, I'll give you the classic line - "it depends"! If you plan to mail your card to someone (via the post), then it's always good to size your card to fit the envelope. A common card size for traditional card-makers is 4.25 x 5.5" which allows you to make 2 cards from one sheet of 8.5 x11 paper. These fit just perfectly in A2 envelopes. Another common size for mailing is 4 x 9 which fits perfectly in a business letter-sized envelope.

If you are going to upload your card to an online printer, then you will need to size the file to fit their specs.

If you are going to use your card in a different way - the sky's the limit!

tylertooo

aA Creative Team Member
This was so much fun. I love making cards, and Anna's kits make it so easy. So many beautiful cards have been uploaded. They are all so amazing.
Here is my AnnaLift for this week: