Oscraps

July Challenge #1 - Artsy / Mixed Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

*gina*

CHEERY O
Really like learning new things

Gorgeous page, Joan - I love the simplicity of your page with the beautiful photo. The texture comes out wonderfully. The scribble and the splatter behind it are just perfect - also the title. And the sun is the icing on the cake.
Thank you so much for taking part in the challenge.

*gina*

CHEERY O

*gina*

CHEERY O
Thank you Gina for sharing this technique with us !

Gorgeous page, Géraldine - the texture comes out so beautifully. The picture with the wooden frame and the little cluster fit perfectly to the background. And the text on the word strip is so true.

*gina*

CHEERY O
Thanks for the heads up Gina. I removed the second photo, the window is a frame and the pink behind the frame at the bottom is a splatter.
Gorgeous page - I like the background with the texture - so beautifully done. And the frame as a window is a great idea. I also like the repetition of the color from her dress in the flowers.

*gina*

CHEERY O
This was a fun challenge, I had not ever used the bevel and texture like that to blend two papers. I used brighter mixed media papers to keep with the optimistic feeling I was hoping for on the page. Definitely something I will try again in the future

Gorgeous page - I like the b/w photo against the colorful textured background. The added elements fit perfectly. I also like the quote.

*gina*

CHEERY O
Thanks so much for this technique...it pretty much doubles my paper stash!!!
I followed it exactly with two papers from Karen Schulz' Nature Hike II.
Gorgeous page, Mary-Lynne - it must have been a wonderful hike. The background paper with the texture is perfect for the page theme. I love the beautiful photo with the fabulous cluster. But the icing on the cake is the boot with the hat - great idea.

*gina*

CHEERY O
Thanks for hosting and the tut, Gina. Superb challenge.

Used a photo of a well-known Chicago eatery and Anna Aspnes' APP Metro.
Gorgeous page, Christy - I love the read background with the texture. The photo is just perfect with the painted frame.

*gina*

CHEERY O

*gina*

CHEERY O
The challenge is closed now.
Thank you all for your gorgeous pages - you surprised me with your wonderful ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.