Oscraps

If You Had a Choice and Could Do It, Where Would You Live?

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
I love my homeland, a true died in the wool patriot, but I left my heart in the UK when I returned home from being stationed there. I could happily live most anywhere in the British Isles, but I have a special love for London, Clovelly, and Lincolnshire.

Where would you live?

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I am packing my suitcase @AK_Tracy Miss Kitty and coming with you!!! I LOVE Scotland and would live there in a heartbeat! On my overseas holiday in 2012 we went to Scotland as part of the bus tour and visited Edinburgh, Loch Lomond and Glascow and I loved every second of it! I truly did not want to leave! I think I must have lived there in another life!:lovey3:

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
I love New Jersey, especially in the area where I live. However, if someone handed me a (few) million dollars, I'd buy a house down the shore and split my time between the two.
I've not spent much time in New Jersey apart from a month or so at Fort Dix for training. I'm not sure that really qualifies. Another entry for my bucket list to see my many times great grandfather's birth place in Somerset County.

AK_Tracy

I am packing my suitcase @AK_Tracy Miss Kitty and coming with you!!! I LOVE Scotland and would live there in a heartbeat! On my overseas holiday in 2012 we went to Scotland as part of the bus tour and visited Edinburgh, Loch Lomond and Glascow and I loved every second of it! I truly did not want to leave! I think I must have lived there in another life!:lovey3:
I was there the year after you! We went in 2013 and went all over the place. We did miss Glascow and a few other places but oh man. We had a private tour driver. Every two days we changed locations. Was the most fun and I loved everywhere.

Terri M

When we were thinking about where to retire, I told David I wanted to live on a lake by the ocean in the mountains. I don't really know where that might be. But nowadays, honestly, if I had the money to do it like a rich person, I'd love to live in a big city. Vancouver, BC, is my favorite. To be able to walk out the door to restaurants, shows, theaters, parks, would be great.

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
When we were thinking about where to retire, I told David I wanted to live on a lake by the ocean in the mountains. I don't really know where that might be. But nowadays, honestly, if I had the money to do it like a rich person, I'd love to live in a big city. Vancouver, BC, is my favorite. To be able to walk out the door to restaurants, shows, theaters, parks, would be great.
On a lake by the ocean in the mountains. Hmmmm, that sounds like other choice Costa Rica. Such a lovely dream!

MariJ

I love New Jersey, especially in the area where I live. However, if someone handed me a (few) million dollars, I'd buy a house down the shore and split my time between the two.
Chris I was coming to answer and would repeat yours almost exactly. I love New Jersey and if I had a few million dollars, I'm move to the shore. Except full-time!
We Jersey girls...... :beatingheart:
:beach1:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Chris I was coming to answer and would repeat yours almost exactly. I love New Jersey and if I had a few million dollars, I'm move to the shore. Except full-time!
We Jersey girls...... :beatingheart:
:beach1:
Oh for real!!! I would love to get a big house on just about any Ocean Ave (is there a town that *doesn't* have an Ocean Ave? Haha!)
and spend the weekdays watching the sunrise over the water. On the weekends, I'd go back to my mountains and hike. Win-win!

A-M

I am really happy and content where I live but..... in my dreams I would love to be closer to a beach - not living right at the beach but able to visit a beach side town often so I could enjoy walking on the beach and staying the night where I could fall asleep to the sound of the waves. ( This reminds me that I do own a CD of ocean sounds which I must play sometime very soon). :beach1:

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
Oh for real!!! I would love to get a big house on just about any Ocean Ave (is there a town that *doesn't* have an Ocean Ave? Haha!)
and spend the weekdays watching the sunrise over the water. On the weekends, I'd go back to my mountains and hike. Win-win!
@faerywings and @MariJ now you girls have me really intrigued. Gotta get up that way - I have a whole new outlook on NJ now!

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
I am really happy and content where I live but..... in my dreams I would love to be closer to a beach - not living right at the beach but able to visit a beach side town often so I could enjoy walking on the beach and staying the night where I could fall asleep to the sound of the waves. ( This reminds me that I do own a CD of ocean sounds which I must play sometime very soon). :beach1:
Sweet slumber. I love the beach - when it's empty and the waves are crashing in!

Reactions: A-M

MariJ

@faerywings and @MariJ now you girls have me really intrigued. Gotta get up that way - I have a whole new outlook on NJ now!
NJ is beautiful and has everything -- beaches and ocean, farms, mountains, cities, pine barrens, historical places and lots and lots of people. We're the "Garden State" and while overshadowed by New York City we have a lot to offer. Very often only industry is driven through, in fact there's so much to do and see. Come on up and visit!

Chris, did I leave anything out? @faerywings

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
I don’t have any desire to leave the United States, but I do definitely want to live somewhere that has lots of greenery and nature. I’m done living in the city
Tennessee? The whole state is lovely but I really love the area around Knoxville, Gatlinburg, Nashville.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
NJ is beautiful and has everything -- beaches and ocean, farms, mountains, cities, pine barrens, historical places and lots and lots of people. We're the "Garden State" and while overshadowed by New York City we have a lot to offer. Very often only industry is driven through, in fact there's so much to do and see. Come on up and visit!

Chris, did I leave anything out? @faerywings
Ummmm---- yes! Only the best bakery in the USA! Not to mention the bagels and the pizza... :dinner:

Amandajk

I'd live in SW Florida in the winter and Michigan in the summer.
Ha ha! I haven't read through this whole thread (we are on the road -returning from Dad's memorial service) BUT, Dan and I are making plans to be "snowbirds"! A place here in SC, and one up at Lake Erie- my favorite place in the world! We both immediately felt at home when we were there in June.

Other dream places? Hmmm. Turkiye. Except I don't favor the government, that could be a big hindrance. I think snowbirds is best!

Last edited: