Oscraps

If You Had a Choice and Could Do It, Where Would You Live?

Amandajk

I'd stay in South Florida for the summer and become a snowbird spending my winters in the mountains of North Caroline, Tennessee or Colorado. (Now I just need money.)
We decided to do similar: Winter Holiday months +Jan in SC, hot summers at Lake Erie.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I love being where we are at because we are close to our kids and grandkids. If I was crazy rich and all my family agreed to move, I would love to live in Scotland or Ireland. I have always been fascinating with those countries but have never been. I do have Scot and Irish in my background so maybe that's why I am drawn there!

janedee

This topic keeps coming up in conversation around our house lately. I’ve always loved where we live but it has become very touristy and busy, not to mention super hot in the summer, so we are on the hunt - possibly Vancouver Island. I love it there. The temperatures are much more temperate, the property prices are lower and we could live near the ocean!
Other slightly more crazy ideas include southern coast of the UK or southern Spain.

Norma

Well we are from NE area but have lived in Florida for 24 years...I am now done with 9 months of heat and humidity. I'm not a mountain person so near a beach is fine with me. We are selling our home and moving to Virginia Beach so will have the beach and the seasons which I miss. Winters are mild there so I'll be happy.

BoatLady

Well interesting comments ladies.When we were first married we lived at Aberdeen Proving grounds in Maryland....love the Chesapeake bay and the warmer climate since we were both from CT. Then we went to Germany...awesome 3 years there but not much money to travel but we did some with our 2 small children. Then to Tennessee for 3 more years...great weather there but no ocean. Then to CT where raised our kids...we had a boat on the shore for 30 years so I would love to have lived in the boat but we decided we were done with cold and snow so moved to Fl and left our children and grands. I would love a home on the beach but we are 3/4 of mile from it now. I guess I will settle for home in SW Florida and traveling in out trailer all summer.