Oscraps

I hope to return *Frustrated Update*

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I'm downloading the Windows 11 update right now. Let's hope my laptop still functions when I am done. :)

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
Good news everybody! (Should be said like Prof. Farnsworth from Futurama.) The laptop lives. I preferred the way folder thumbnails looked in 10 but I can live with it. I do get thumbnails for PSDs (which seems to have been an issue earlier). And I now have tabs in Windows Explorer. Oh how I've missed that feature from my Mac days. (Now if only there were tags.)

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
3e8c0641532d438206a704028d62729ed169f92c.gif

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good luck! I'm still fighting the download. My IT guy told me it's no longer in Beta, at least! That made me feel a little better. He also told me that Windows 10 would be replaced in about a year - he wasn't sure of the exact date. UGH

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Good news everybody! (Should be said like Prof. Farnsworth from Futurama.) The laptop lives. I preferred the way folder thumbnails looked in 10 but I can live with it. I do get thumbnails for PSDs (which seems to have been an issue earlier). And I now have tabs in Windows Explorer. Oh how I've missed that feature from my Mac days. (Now if only there were tags.)
That's good news, Cindy. The folder thing is what I didn't like - I took mine back to 10.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
Update:

I am regretting this choice. Photoshop is so much slower on Windows 11. I only have 16 GB of RAM but it was never an issue on Windows 10. Can't say the same now. Ugh!

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
Eek! Don't say that! I'm getting a new laptop next week since my current one is on its last legs. I'm getting a better processor and more RAM than what I have now, but I was hoping my PSE would play nice with 11. :eek:

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
Eek! Don't say that! I'm getting a new laptop next week since my current one is on its last legs. I'm getting a better processor and more RAM than what I have now, but I was hoping my PSE would play nice with 11. :eek:
Don't worry yet. Adobe did an update this afternoon that seemed to have fixed it. But earlier in the day, I rebooted twice and shut down once. And even then a simile font color change took several minutes to process. So fingers crossed.

• Love
Reactions: AZK

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Oh, WHY are they forcing this Windows 11 on us??? I'm fighting the downloads constantly. Here's a piece of information that none of you are going to like - my IT giu told me that in approximately a year, Windows 10 will no longer be supported. They need to get it together and work out these kinks.

LSlycord

The world of IT and updates...if I had my way, I'd probably still be working with DOS and no mouse. For real, I struggled to get the hang of the mouse all of those years ago. I'm now on Windows 11 but I'd be lying if I told you that I like it!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
The world of IT and updates...if I had my way, I'd probably still be working with DOS and no mouse. For real, I struggled to get the hang of the mouse all of those years ago. I'm now on Windows 11 but I'd be lying if I told you that I like it!
I miss the days of DOS, too, Linda. I used to work w/o a mouse, but can't anymore.