Oscraps

I broke down and did it!

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
Cut my own hair, that is. Due to the COVID-19 restrictions, my last haircut was March 4, and I usually get my hair trimmed about once a month because it grows so fast. It's layered, so it's not easy to pull into a ponytail, and the fact that my bangs were down below my nose was driving me crazy. Since I still go out to work each day, I had to do something. So I trimmed them. A little too short. :shock:

Anyone else doing the beauty routines for themselves that you normally would have done by a professional?

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
I often have to cut my own bangs and yes the trick is to just take a little bit off at a time. I also gave my husband a trim for the second time since this craziness all started. It turned out pretty well. I watched a lot of You Tube videos on it and just took a bit off at a time. It is certainly not a professional cut, but he was quite happy with it!

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
Angie, I think my hair length is about yours ... and last year I got tired of my bangs and let them grow ... At the end of January I went to the hairdresser for the last time ... Meanwhile my hair is a lot longer and because we shouldn't have to go anywhere, I can wear it in a ponytail ...
The color is also no problem because I have been wearing it gray for a few years now. I would certainly never cut it myself ... it is quite thick and the hairdresser should always thin it out a pack ..

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Thank all the god for ponytails! And for grey hair that (might be able to) masquerade as "highlights!"
I haven't had to worry about my hair and as long as I don't pay attention, it will be fine/ My DD and my DH also have long hair and ponytails. OTOH, my DS has really curly hair that once it gets too long- it is out of control. He asked his sister to trim it up a couple of weeks ago. They set up "shop" outside in the driveway, complete with cape and Caitlyn doing "hairdresser patter." :D
And no one stabbed each other with the scissors. A good day! :pound:

vivaartistry

Designer
I had been growing my hair so length wasn't the problem. I was lucky and got mine cut end of March on the last day the hairdressers were available. Since, I've trimmed my bangs and layered the top part myself cause it was just bushy up top!!!

I have straight hair to my shoulders I can easily put it up however I do have a fringe ...is that the same as for bangs if so I have to trim mine every 3 weeks as my hair grows very fast 6 months ago I went to the hairdressers and had it cut short to the bottom of my ears my neck was so cold and it felt like I was wearing a hat never again I only go to the hairdressers twice a year just before our Vacation in June and then again in December I always cut my Hubby's hair lol he has very little nothing on top just a few spiky bits it mainly grows on the sides I just give him a trim every so often with the clippers he wont pay to go and have it cut so I do it.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
Picture Angie :peace:

No thank you, Vera! :rofl:

I don't color my hair, so that's not a worry for me. I'm afraid to touch any of the layers, so I'm just using a headband to keep my hair out of my face.

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
I always wait too long to get my hair cut, so also this time.
It is a good lesson for me not to do that in the future.
I have already cut my hair twice, just my bangs.
but next week the hairdressers will re-open. no walk-ins, the way they normally work,
so I left a message to get an appointment. I really need to get my hair done because I need to renew my drivers license and need new pictures!

Scrapmemories

Lorraine
Fortunately I got my haircut on Valentines and it is holding up well. But I wish I had gotten that pedicure. We have a local Asian market that also carries nail salon supplies. Because they sell groceries the store was open. So we were able to get items to do our own. My daughter pampered me with one and she did a great job.

Jeannette

CHEERY O
Good for you. I don't often have my hair cut. I always let it grown, and when I'm fed up with it, I have it cut real short again.
The hairdressershops in the Netherlands are now open again. My son couldn't wait. He shaved all his hair of and is bold now. I can wait for a while before having to cut my hair again.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I cancelled my regular hair appointment right at the very beginning out of an abundance of caution. I think I would have had better chances of not being exposed THEN than now so I'm kind of regretting that decision.

I'm about to break out the old pull the hair through the cap method of highlights!