Oscraps

How to make a person album or gallery?

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I can't find any directions for making a personal album or gallery.
Hi there and welcome to Oscraps. :)

To create a personal album, go to the Gallery and click the Add Layout button.
Now scroll right down to the bottom of that gallery listing, there you will find two options:
1684636533494.png

When you click on the Create Personal Album you will see this screen next:

1684636695643.png

Enter your Album title and description if you want to.
With the settings as to who can view your layouts,
  • Album owner only - this would mean that only you can view it, and your layouts would not appear in any other category (gallery), so if your layout is for a challenge and you only uploaded to your personal album then it would not be shown in the challenge gallery at all. By the same token, posting a link to your layout in the forum would not work either as this type of album is considered to be 'Private'
  • Registered members - these are Oscraps members, people that have registered.
  • Everyone - this means that your layouts in yours album would be seen by registered members as well 'guests', those that have not registered at Oscraps
  • Specific members - as implied, you can enter the usernames of just those people you give viewing rights to.

When you upload your next layout you would then just use the "Add layout to existing album"

Hope that helps. :)

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Thank you, awesome Ona!!! So the second option is the correct one...good to know!!!! LOL I don't upload layouts myself so I wasn't sure :heartpumpred:
Jenn, looks like we posted at the same time above, lol! ♥ But you were correct on how to create the album......... I don't use the album feature either, but it would be a good idea if you wanted to catergorise your layouts, like all family, nature, etc etc. The tricky bit is assigning the viewing rights as I mentioned above as keeping the album private won't allow you to 'share' your layout in challenges or in the forum. :)

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
Yep, we pretty much did!! LOL I will just message you next time something needs to be answered that I am not 100% sure about...I deleted my post in case it was too confusing...lol And thank you for your imformative post...I learned something today, YAY!! :giggle4:

AK_Tracy

Hi there and welcome to Oscraps. :)

To create a personal album, go to the Gallery and click the Add Layout button.
Now scroll right down to the bottom of that gallery listing, there you will find two options:
View attachment 395511

When you click on the Create Personal Album you will see this screen next:

View attachment 395512

Enter your Album title and description if you want to.
With the settings as to who can view your layouts,
  • Album owner only - this would mean that only you can view it, and your layouts would not appear in any other category (gallery), so if your layout is for a challenge and you only uploaded to your personal album then it would not be shown in the challenge gallery at all. By the same token, posting a link to your layout in the forum would not work either as this type of album is considered to be 'Private'
  • Registered members - these are Oscraps members, people that have registered.
  • Everyone - this means that your layouts in yours album would be seen by registered members as well 'guests', those that have not registered at Oscraps
  • Specific members - as implied, you can enter the usernames of just those people you give viewing rights to.

When you upload your next layout you would then just use the "Add layout to existing album"

Hope that helps. :)
Okay, I tried but failed. I didn't get these exact screen shots and never got the option to set security. I would love my album to be only members. Can (and how) I change the security of my album to Members only?

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Okay, I tried but failed. I didn't get these exact screen shots and never got the option to set security. I would love my album to be only members. Can (and how) I change the security of my album to Members only?
Hi Tracy, will take a look at the security settings for the forum in the back end for you. Sorry about the confusing steps listed above, I keep forgetting that as Admin I get to see a lot more 'behind the scenes' type info. :) So will check with Vicki (Oscraps owner) before I go fiddling around with anything under the bonnet! :giggle4:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
@AK_Tracy Hi Tracy, I have been playing around with the settings in the backend of the software and I *think* I might have fixed the problem. I tested it yesterday but it didn't seem to work so today, after logging in as regular O member, I created another personal album and this time, when I logged right out, I couldn't see the album. :yesss:

It appears changing the software setting in the backend does not apply to albums that had been created prior to the change.

But before I get too excited I would like you to create another personal album (and upload a layout - or image under 200Kb). Then log out completely. Click on the Gallery and just see if you can see the layout you put into the new album you just created?

AK_Tracy

@AK_Tracy Hi Tracy, I have been playing around with the settings in the backend of the software and I *think* I might have fixed the problem. I tested it yesterday but it didn't seem to work so today, after logging in as regular O member, I created another personal album and this time, when I logged right out, I couldn't see the album. :yesss:

It appears changing the software setting in the backend does not apply to albums that had been created prior to the change.

But before I get too excited I would like you to create another personal album (and upload a layout - or image under 200Kb). Then log out completely. Click on the Gallery and just see if you can see the layout you put into the new album you just created?
Off to create a layout so I can upload something new and test this out. Thank you.

AK_Tracy

Okay, @wombat146 I dont know why but the new album is private and only registered users can see it. I never had an option to choose how it displayed. I like it private and that's what I wanted. Now, when I post a challenge page, is there a way to make that only viewable to registered members or is that public viewing only? Yep, I'm the complicated child. :yesss:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Okay, @wombat146 I dont know why but the new album is private and only registered users can see it. I never had an option to choose how it displayed. I like it private and that's what I wanted. Now, when I post a challenge page, is there a way to make that only viewable to registered members or is that public viewing only? Yep, I'm the complicated child. :yesss:

giphy.gif

Okay Kitty, let's work this out. :lol23: :rotfl: :floorlaugh:

I had a look at your new album and the setting is as follows (below). So it is showing that only Registered members only can view this album. On the test layout you created, you have two comments, one from yourself and one from a registered member. I logged out as 'me' and came back in on a registered member only log-in as OnaBtest and I was able to open your album and then clicked on your layout, so I can view it okay as well.

1713406822802.png

In my test log in I created an album yesterday after I changed the software settings and uploaded a layout called Layout 2.
1713407262634.png

As a regular member I was then able to place my linked layout from that folder into the challenge, can you see it? The image below is linked so just click it and then have a look at Post #19

1713407604213.png

As an Admin I can not see any settings on your album to tell me that it is Private. So could you try copying your layout into that challenge thread for me please. In the gallery, open your folder and then your layout, down on the lower right hand side click on the little Copy symbol next to Copy image link as shown below.
1713407906656.png

Next, go to the challenge and click on the Insert Image icon (shown below) and paste your link

1713408039337.png

Don't worry about putting it in that challenge, I will delete both of our layouts when we have finished testing. :)

Also, thank you so much for helping out in the testing all of this. The forum/gallery platform we are using is only a couple of years old so we don't know everything about it ourselves so it's great being able to work out what works and what doesn't. Unfortunately there is not a manual to tell us so we virtually write our own as we go along. :)

Oh, I meant to say, after you upload your layout, if an unregistered person is looking in that challenge thread, they will only see this, below.
1713408628931.png

Let me know how you go. :)

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Okay @wombat146 I uploaded. Sorry to be so late. Had to work today. I am sure you'll see this in the a.m. Going to log out and see if I can see either post. Thanks for all the work on this and helping me.
I am here :) It's only 2.43pm Thurs afternoon for me. :) I logged out as me, and tried to see your layout but couldn't (yay!) and then when I logged in on my test username I could see it so it looks like everything is working!

AK_Tracy

Now, another questions LOL Cause yep, problem kitty. :rotfl: When it comes to challenges........I know how to upload the LO to the thread but when it says to add the LO to the album "challenge #" how do I do that and keep it only viewable to members?

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I forgot you weren't in the states!
No, waaaaaaaaaaaaay down here in Tasmania.......... CAN YOU HEAR ME??? LOL!
Now, another questions LOL Cause yep, problem kitty. :rotfl: When it comes to challenges........I know how to upload the LO to the thread but when it says to add the LO to the album "challenge #" how do I do that and keep it only viewable to members?
So you mean, adding the layout link for your challenge tracking thread? when you click on your layout, in your album, right at the top of the screen just copy the URL address (right up the top) and then paste it next to the challenge in your tracking thread. Is that what you mean?

1713416138616.png

AK_Tracy

No, waaaaaaaaaaaaay down here in Tasmania.......... CAN YOU HEAR ME??? LOL!

So you mean, adding the layout link for your challenge tracking thread? when you click on your layout, in your album, right at the top of the screen just copy the URL address (right up the top) and then paste it next to the challenge in your tracking thread. Is that what you mean?

View attachment 417008

So sorry! I fell asleep! I thought I heard someone yelling, kept waking me up :giggle4:

As for posting in the challenge tracking thread no, not was I meant. I'm not sure how to explain it lol but the challenges say to up load photo to a gallery. Those I dont see an option to make private. Like my challenge 5 for April, went into the challenge album, not my personal album. Is there a way to make that members only?

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
So sorry! I fell asleep! I thought I heard someone yelling, kept waking me up :giggle4:

As for posting in the challenge tracking thread no, not was I meant. I'm not sure how to explain it lol but the challenges say to up load photo to a gallery. Those I dont see an option to make private. Like my challenge 5 for April, went into the challenge album, not my personal album. Is there a way to make that members only?
:lol23:oh sorry for keeping you awake!!!!!! hahaa!! ahhhh, okay, now I know what you mean. hmmm, I will have to think on that but for now it is 2.48am for me and I need to get to bed so will play around with it tomorrow! 'night Kitty! xx

AK_Tracy

Sleep well!
:lol23:oh sorry for keeping you awake!!!!!! hahaa!! ahhhh, okay, now I know what you mean. hmmm, I will have to think on that but for now it is 2.48am for me and I need to get to bed so will play around with it tomorrow! 'night Kitty! xx
I promise not to keep ya awake or working harder then needed. I really appreciate all the work you put into this for me. And allowing me hijack Lynne's post.
:thankyouspin::spinningchair::bedjump:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
@AK_Tracy Okie dokie Miss Kitty! just so you know, I dreamt about this last night!!!!!!!!!!! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: but no joy, the Sandman did not give me any answers!! :no: Just had a look at the gallery settings again in the backend and there is just no way that we can flip a switch to enable the privacy on layouts that are placed in the general gallery aka challenge areas. This is the type of thing where the software itself needs to be customised by the software company itself and of course that costs big bucks.

Unfortunately, layouts do need to be placed in a challenge gallery to meet the requirements of the challenge. It makes super easy for our challenge hosts to view all the layouts for their particular challenge each month and to quickly find them. Some go straight to the challenge gallery to leave love on the layouts for their challenge and some go to the challenge thread and click on the layouts there.

While most online galleries have some degree of privacy, they cannot be totally secure if they are open to the public as well. I remember one lady, years ago, who did not want to share any layouts of her life online and her solution was to create her layout with her family/personal photo, then saveda her psd file. After creating a jpg file that she used to print her photobooks, she would go back to the psd file, take out the personal photo(s) and substitute with a stock photo and then posted that version online. It seemed like a bit of extra work on her behalf but she was happy doing it. :) Anyways, I hope you are able to figure out some solution that suits you Tracy, sorry I couldn't do more. :)

AK_Tracy

@AK_Tracy Okie dokie Miss Kitty! just so you know, I dreamt about this last night!!!!!!!!!!! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: but no joy, the Sandman did not give me any answers!! :no: Just had a look at the gallery settings again in the backend and there is just no way that we can flip a switch to enable the privacy on layouts that are placed in the general gallery aka challenge areas. This is the type of thing where the software itself needs to be customised by the software company itself and of course that costs big bucks.

Unfortunately, layouts do need to be placed in a challenge gallery to meet the requirements of the challenge. It makes super easy for our challenge hosts to view all the layouts for their particular challenge each month and to quickly find them. Some go straight to the challenge gallery to leave love on the layouts for their challenge and some go to the challenge thread and click on the layouts there.

While most online galleries have some degree of privacy, they cannot be totally secure if they are open to the public as well. I remember one lady, years ago, who did not want to share any layouts of her life online and her solution was to create her layout with her family/personal photo, then saveda her psd file. After creating a jpg file that she used to print her photobooks, she would go back to the psd file, take out the personal photo(s) and substitute with a stock photo and then posted that version online. It seemed like a bit of extra work on her behalf but she was happy doing it. :) Anyways, I hope you are able to figure out some solution that suits you Tracy, sorry I couldn't do more. :)

You did AMAZING!!! This is super helpful and wonderful. I know not to put anything in the challenges that I dont want public. And I have "flower stickered" my family before for the posted LO that went in challenges. I am SO so so sooooooooooo sorry I gave you nightmares of this and then for sandman not to give you answers..... that just rude:jail1: He should have at least had an answer if he was gonna make ya dream about all this stuff. I understand that its too expensive to make all the galleries private and all that. I just hoped maybe.:haloslip:

Thank you :thankyouspin: Thank you! Thank you so much for taking so much time on this and finding the answers for me. Really means a lot that you spent so much time on this for me. I wish I could bake you a cake! :ilovechocolate:

DesignsByCRK

Designer
You did AMAZING!!! This is super helpful and wonderful. I know not to put anything in the challenges that I dont want public. And I have "flower stickered" my family before for the posted LO that went in challenges. I am SO so so sooooooooooo sorry I gave you nightmares of this and then for sandman not to give you answers..... that just rude:jail1: He should have at least had an answer if he was gonna make ya dream about all this stuff. I understand that its too expensive to make all the galleries private and all that. I just hoped maybe.:haloslip:

Thank you :thankyouspin: Thank you! Thank you so much for taking so much time on this and finding the answers for me. Really means a lot that you spent so much time on this for me. I wish I could bake you a cake! :ilovechocolate:

Did someone say cake :floorlaugh: :please::p

DesignsByCRK

Designer
View attachment 417114Its blurry, sorry but here's the cake! Its a triple fudge chocolate cake. My kids always request it for birthday.

Oooh sounds delish. You might need to share the recipe lol.

@scrapgardenlynne I'm so sorry we hijacked your thread - you're probably getting a lot of notifications and wondering what the heck is going on lol. Just ignore us, we'll settle down soon :p