Oscraps

How cold is it where you are???

hondachicc

Oh yeah - If we are taking screenshots of forecasts... Mine would have freezing sleet from this morning, snow for the next 36 hours, and -35F for Wednesday.

Crap. I don't think the Groundhog is even coming near the opening in his den!!!!

Smileygroundhog.gif
<----------- if this doesn't happen then we need to ----->
icon_bigun2.gif

hondachicc

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS......YOu see what this cold weather has done???

IT HAS CAUSE NANA TO RESORT TO VIOLENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dlhoffer

There's no place like hOme!
We are to be -24 F actual air temperature tonight with windchillls of -30 to -40F....BRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Send me some of that sunshine too please, Linda!!!

dlhoffer

Oh my word, while I was posting my previous post Nana Linda went all commando on the groundhog!!! :fear:

petey111

O. M. G. I think my house is blowing away.

We have another snow day thanks to the wind and the -35 degree forecast.

Nana - You make me laugh. But I can guarantee you, you won't be able to hit the rodent here....he's so far underground right now he's probably visiting Ona and Helen!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Lisa where are you at?

Sara-- hold on tight!

The good news in NJ is that we might break freezing today. The really bad news is that we have sleet and freezing rain at the same time.

dlhoffer

Chris - I'm in South Dakota & it is COLD!!!!

Sara - Did you survive the winds?

Thanks for the sunshine Nana!! The good news is they said the groundhog is predicting an early spring!!! (Apparently your threats did the trick there too!)

The bad news is my vehicle is apparently frozen to the ground - It actually started in the cold, but it isn't moving - sigh, it's always something :Cry:

Will let it warm up some more & see if that helps :pray:

hondachicc

Sara......I hope you did not blow away sweetie!!!!
brr-windy-smiley.gif

Lisa....you poor dear
frozen-frozen-freeze-winter-smiley-.gif

AND CHRIS....it's a HEAT WAVE!!!!
36_1_47.gif

WEll.....I GUESS PHIL IS SAFE FOR NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT IF HE LIED TO US.....................................
biggun.gif

petey111

Ha ha ha. Nana. :)

I did not blow away ladies. And it looks bright and sunny outside. But it is currently -15F. So the looks are deceiving.

I think this picture kinda sums it up. Look at the hole down there in Texas. I think our Texasian need not comment.

MIDWEST-SNOWSTORM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

petey111

oh. that's a big pic. Sorry! I'll resize it. (That's better...all resized.) :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bush Girl

Nice!!!

I think I'll stick with what we've got right now, grey and a bit wet, but not cold - relatively speaking.

EHStudios

I lOve Me Some O!
Power just came back here a little bit ago.. I'm still waiting for the heat to come back on. I'm typing with frozen fingers!

petey111

So Tali decided to point out to me that they were having power outages in Texas and it was 22*, which they are sooo not used to it there. So I have decided to lay off Sally for a bit. :)

kaytebug

Hi....just jumping in to whine....it's 4 stinkin degrees here..... so not used to it in Northwest Arkansas......... I'm going to try to start my car and slide into work....UGH UGH UGH but the bulletins must be printed today....

I know it got down to 0 overnight....it was supposed to get down to -6 but we had a heat wave..lol.....

Shivering in the mid-south....and expecting more snow TOMORROW......
K

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
nana we need that times about 100 hahaha!
Actually we have sunshine here, but its dang cold- 1*

Kay- I love my "hobo" gloves!

kaytebug

Chris. Mine aren't really hobo gloves. Just the "shell" of my "layered" gloves (el chepo from walmart) but they work oh so well. Lol.

The snow is supposed to start again soon. My friends with kids are about to cry. No school since Monday. The kids got a 1 day school week today - and they are calling for more all weekend.

We may never thaw out.

But Nana Linda that sun must have worked. It's like 20 something here now.