Oscraps

Hi from Scotland

Hippy

Hi all, just managed to join the forum and I'm soooo looking forward to meeting you all and seeing your lovely creations and to be inspired. I am a newbie so still learning. :hippie:

sue.falstaff

O'chOir extraOrdinaire
Hi Hippy ... :welcome: to Oscraps! Where about in Scotland are you? My dad now lives in Glasgow (previously in Glenrothes) & hubby's family are from Stranraer!

Ellen

hello Hippy ,welcome to the O from another one living in Scotland.
I'm on the west-coast.

Bush Girl

Welcome Hippy!

I see all the UK residents are out in force tonight! I'm an honourary Scot - my mum's from a glen in Angus.

Hippy

Actually I am an English women living in Scotland. We moved up here last September just Stoneykirk, just south if Stranraer. It is a beautiful area but August this year we moved to Castle Douglas, still pretty but I really miss Stoneykirk and the beach. I have just done November's challenge 1 and posted a picture in the gallery but I don't understand this tracking thing. I am happy just to do the challenges to get my creative juices going.

Thank you all for the welcome. There are so many talented scrappers here.

annaaspnes

annaaspnes
Designer
Hi there! Welcome to Oscraps. My sister lives in Scotland and we were lucky enough to visit this past Summer :)

Hippy

Hi there! Welcome to Oscraps. My sister lives in Scotland and we were lucky enough to visit this past Summer :)

If I remember rightly there wasn't much of a summer here in Scotland Anna, it rained....... a lot but on the rare days it idn't it's lovely up here.:D

sue.falstaff

O'chOir extraOrdinaire
Actually I am an English women living in Scotland. We moved up here last September just Stoneykirk, just south if Stranraer. It is a beautiful area but August this year we moved to Castle Douglas, still pretty but I really miss Stoneykirk and the beach.

Eeeeek ... no way! My BIL (brother-in-law) lives in Stoneykirk and DH's grandma / family used to live in Castle Douglas!!!!

Oh BTW, the tracking side of things is just a case of creating a post for yourself ... then, as & when you complete one of the challenges, update your original post with a link through to your LO ... if you get stuck, just shout, OK?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
All this Scotland talk has me jealous :)
My hubby's ancestors are from Scotland. We are Campbells. One day I would love to visit, but it would have to be after we visit Italy where my grandparents were from.

Welcome to Oscraps, so happy to have you!

snowdropz

Welcome to Oscraps! My BIL is from Scotland. He lives in Glasgow and also has a place in Rothesay. There's quite a few gals from the UK here!

Hippy

Eeeeek ... no way! My BIL (brother-in-law) lives in Stoneykirk and DH's grandma / family used to live in Castle Douglas!!!!

Oh BTW, the tracking side of things is just a case of creating a post for yourself ... then, as & when you complete one of the challenges, update your original post with a link through to your LO ... if you get stuck, just shout, OK?!?!

What's your brother in law's name. Stoneykirk is a very small place. Off there on sunday.

Hippy

Stoneykirk certainly is a small place ...BIL's name is Bobby Wilson ... whenever DH & I visit his family, we stay at the Torrs Warren, I'm sure you'll know it!

Not sure I know Bobby but I may know him by sight but I sure do know Torrs Warren, it was round the corner from where we lived in St Stephen's Terrace and we had many a meal and pint in there. Such a small world. I was there yesterday.