Oscraps

Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone I apologise for not being here for so long many of you have sent messages to me on facebook I want to say Thank you to everyone my operation went well the procedure involved the 3rd and 4th disc of my spine with a plate, pins, screws and cement and he also lifted the 5th disc I am home now it will be some time before I can sit at the computer for long periods I will pop in when ever I can but for now I need to recover I am going to join in on Just Art as some of you know that is my first home and the first home that Robyn gave to us after daisytrail ended ... my pain is still a bit intense at times the meds do help ...the first morning I was trying to get out of bed and turned over to far to the edge I was slowly sliding to the floor Trev could not help me as he is not as strong as he used to be with the condition he has he phoned the ambulance they said it would be an hour and a half wait so he phoned his brother -in-law who lives 10 min away he is a lot stronger than Trev even though he is in his 80's he was able to lift me gently up to a standing position then I was able to use the walker to go to the front room and sit down but before his brother-in-law came he had to grab a thick bath towel as I needed to suddenly have a pee lol what a drama :rolleyes: lol but I was able to pee before he came so stopping any embarrassment as I knew as soon as he got me up I would have no control over my bladder and would have peed everywhere not that you want to know that lol the next morning second day at home I was able to shower and wash my hair it felt wonderful as the meds tend to make you sweat a lot so that is it for now hopefully no more sliding out of bed I am very careful and make sure there is plenty of room for me turn over. xx

Last edited:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Oh, Mary... I do understand! There is a lot of healing to be done before you recover completely. I know it is not funny when you were sliding down from bed to floor - but it brought back memories when my DH did the same thing. We both got so tickled that we were both LOL so hard we couldn't do anything but let him slide down. Glad you had a brother-in-law who could come over and help get you to your feet. Take care, dear friend, sending you more healing thoughts as you recover.

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
Mary, we’ve missed you -- but completely understand. Take care of yourself and you know you have our best wishes for a speedy return to better health. xoxo

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Sending hugs and healing prayers your way, Mary. Glad you have support with the family.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
Thanks for checking in, Mary! You always have a way of turning news about your trials and tribulations into funny stories. I hope you continue to improve and that we see more of you!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
It's SO good to see you posting here, Mary! I've been following your progress on FB, etc. and it sounds like you're doing very well. Sending lots of healing hugs. :)