Oscraps

Hello OScraps World!

Renan

Hi there...

I'm a mom of a fantastic, amazing, adorable wee one and looking to preserve our memories.

A few months back, after a 16 year hiatus from scrapbooking I broke out some old (OLD) paper scrapbooking supplies and had a fun night with a neighbor to get into the swing of things. I was sharing with my boss when she suggested digital scrapbooking - all of the fun and none of the cutting, pasting or mess :)

Well this sounded just about perfect to me - I love photography and have been using Photoshop (lightly) for years... What a "lightbulb moment"!

I spent some time looking around, decided OScraps fits my aesthetic best and last weekend took the plunge and bought some supplies to "play" with. This weekend I put together my first digital layout - and LOVED it!

I've got a lot to learn, but I'm intrigued... You all do beautiful things here, I'm looking forward to getting to know and learn from you all!

Renan

dwsewbiz

Welcome Renan, we look forward to having you be a part of our community! Can't wait to see your layouts!

charlize

Welcome Renan, I thought you were someone else until I read you're a mom *grin*
Enjoy your stay at O!

Renan

Thanks all! Charlize - sorry to disappoint ;)

Finally figured out how to post to the gallery (took 3 reboots). Such an inspiring place here!

Dumpty

back hOme and loving it
Hi Renan, welcome to the O. Can't wait to see LOs with your wee one in the gallery ;)

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Welcome Renan. We have such a similar story getting into this only my nanny got me into it. I've never looked back and even sold all my supplies. Why would I dig out all that paper when I could cleanly open my lap top. Love it. Glad you have enjoyed oscraps and hopefully you hang out in the forums and get to know some of these amazing ladies.

whatnext

:welcome: hi, Renan! you are going to LOVE digi! i've never regretted putting away the paper. it's great having you here!

Last edited by a moderator:

charlize

Thanks all! Charlize - sorry to disappoint ;)

Finally figured out how to post to the gallery (took 3 reboots). Such an inspiring place here!

Haha ... nothing to disappoint hun ... it's just a coincident I guess!!
Uh Oh ... you should just ask away on how things going on here ... the Cheery O's are fabulous! They're so sweet as well! :love:

Ellen

Welcome Renan, I love your enthousiasm I see you've uploaded to the gallery already.
A nice way to get into the swing of things here is to do the challenges , you can learn a lot from it too.

mrstoa

mrstoa
Hi Renan, and welcome to our hOme at Oscraps - you couldn't have chosen a better one ;)

Our members are our family and we try to encourage and help each other.
I saw your post in the introduction forum and your beautiful "first layout" already in our gallery.

Check out our monthly challenges! We have new and exciting ones beginning this month. Great way to learn and participate in the fun!

If you need any supplies to join in the challenges check out the Freebies in the shoppe

BTW is may be a good idea to have a peek at our Gallery Guidelines

Again, welcome and ENJOY! :cheer2:

Jacqueline (mrstoa; Gallery Admin)

Renan

thank you for the warm welcome!

on your recommendation, i read the gallery rules... not sure i understand what a ct or drive by is, but i think i generally get it. hopefully i can work in enough activity... got to do my first three "real" jobs first ;)

i will go check out the challenges and see if i can figure it out...

thanks again!

donnagoar

Welcome, Renan! So glad you found the O and took the plunge! Look forward to seeing your pages in the gallery!!

twomoredays

Welcome! I just got into digital for similar reasons (new little one, familiar with photoshop, stash of paper supplies that never get used). And I am loving it. I feel I can get so much more done when I don't have to worry about getting everything out or pages drying. And the O has been my favorite place to hang out in the digi scrapbooking world.

mrstoa

mrstoa
thank you for the warm welcome!

on your recommendation, i read the gallery rules... not sure i understand what a ct or drive by is, but i think i generally get it. hopefully i can work in enough activity... got to do my first three "real" jobs first ;)

i will go check out the challenges and see if i can figure it out...

thanks again!

CT means Creative Team
Drive By means the CT who "drive by" out gallery and dump their pages to meet their CT requirements and who don't participate in any other way.

If you stick to the basics you'll be fine

We DO allow layouts with other designer's products as long as the page uses some Oscraps products somewhere in the layout! Please, credit other designers but DO NOT include links to outside domains.

We appreciate that our "family" have "real life" commitments and they of course, come first :)

Participate as much as you can but don't fret about it - we want you to have fun and not worry about small details ok?

if you need help with the challenges just ask - and don't forget the freebies - wonderful way to try the different designers and participate too.

Enjoy!

Renan

I should clarify that I probably have done a total of 12 paper scrapbooking pages in my life... Hopefully this will stick much better. I certainly have a much more exciting subject and motivation now!! (My peewee!)

Renan

Thank you!!

CT means Creative Team
Drive By means the CT who "drive by" out gallery and dump their pages to meet their CT requirements and who don't participate in any other way.

If you stick to the basics you'll be fine

We DO allow layouts with other designer's products as long as the page uses some Oscraps products somewhere in the layout! Please, credit other designers but DO NOT include links to outside domains.

We appreciate that our "family" have "real life" commitments and they of course, come first :)

Participate as much as you can but don't fret about it - we want you to have fun and not worry about small details ok?

if you need help with the challenges just ask - and don't forget the freebies - wonderful way to try the different designers and participate too.

Enjoy!