Oscraps

Health & Food Update

bcgal00

CHEERY O
How's everyone doing?

I am still following a paleo/AIP plan and maintaining my goal weight. I have discovered a few foods lately that make me happy. One is hemp seeds which I used with cocoa, vanilla, cinnamon and nut butter to make a chocolate spread for yogurt and muffins...yum!

I found a sweet/sour red cabbage coleslaw that I love. I can only find it in the States so have been stocking up on the little jars. I will probably make my own recipe at some point but for now am happy to have found a store brand that is very low carb.

I've been trying to do more meal prep and freezer cooking so I'm always prepared for quick meals b/c our schedule is so busy these days and I don't have a lot of time to cook.

For a treat, I found plantain chips cooked in avocado oil. I also found kettle chips cooked in avocado oil which are so good but will only eat occasionally as I don't often eat white potatoes.

So, I'm doing good with my health and food. What about you?

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I'm glad you're doing well with your health and diet. It's so important when you have other stressors in your life. Big hugs!

I'm doing pretty good. I recently discovered hemp hearts! I'm eating those and ground flax seeds in my salads and loving it!

I'm mostly eating low carb and doing intermittent fasting. I really do feel so much better when I stick to this way of eating.

What brand is the sweet/sour red cabbage coleslaw?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
you are inspirational! I am eating crap, but oh well! Theone good thing is that I have been walking almost every day. Cait started walking Whisky in July and I started tagging along with her. We try to make it out every day, sometimes just Whisky, sometimes we try to bring the brick of a pit bull named Jaida. :D When she gets it in her head that she doesn't want to go any farther, it is like trying to move a mountain. That has to be helping my shoulder muscles, right?

Design by Tina

oh ladies, you eat so healthy! I tried intermittent fasting a few months ago, in the fasting period I was starving so after 2 months I returned to normal diet. I eat lots of veggies and fruits, but I love bread and cheese and ham/salami, meat, and I love sweet stuff, I need to watch myself. I recently discovered yoga, I started to go to a power yoga course and a regular yoga course and I´m loving it.

vivaartistry

Designer
wow...healthy everyone! I am mostly vegetarian with some fish or chicken now and again (when I crave it) and low low carb and almost no sugar (I was pre-diabetic 2 years ago; not anymore!). Trying to eat clean except for a bite of ice cream once in a while!!! Peanut butter chocolate is my favorite!!! (vivie)