Oscraps

Hawaii Ladies --- Are you doing ok?

LSlycord

Kym, Tracy, Leiko? Are you all doing ok? Do you mainly just need to stay away from the beaches because of the tsunami threats?

kym

Hi all, I've been in and out of the O all morning and just saw this thread. Wow, I can't believe that so many of you are worried about little ol' us in the middle of the ocean. There really wasn't much going on here. I think local authorities made the right call to evacuate residents and tourists in the tsunami zones. Tsunamis are difficult to predict and so you never know what mother nature has in store for us. I think the biggest waves in certain areas were only about 6 feet, nothing major and no injuries or damages reported (yet). We just got the all clear and it seemed like we really dodged a bullet here. It was good practice for coordination and efforts for our emergency personnel. We planned for the worst and the best is what we got.

I spent my day catching up with my digi scrapping, blog, email, house cleaning, etc. I made an early lunch with lots of left overs in case we lost electricity after the tsunami. Thank you for everyone's support and thoughts of us girls from Hawaii. I think our thoughts and prayers need to go out to the residents of Chile and continued support to Haiti.

xoxo

Yam

Good to hear your are OK! We had earthquakes in Argentina today too! but only 6.1...

sue.falstaff

O'chOir extraOrdinaire
Phew ... I'm so glad things are OK! Just heard on the BBC news that the tsunami warning for Hawaii is over but Japan is still on high alert.