Oscraps

Have You Ever........................???

zanthia

CHEERY O
yes it has happened to me plenty of times

lot of times i finish a page and not sure if i really like it so i sleep on it - then next day i may like it, start over or more often just need to make a few changes to it.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Oh happens a lot to me as well. I just save it in a folder called Work in Progress and then every so often I scroll through and if there is something that calls to me I open it and either change it up or finish it. There have been a few that just got deleted though as they were a bit 'old' and not my style anymore. :)

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Oh, yeah... been there, done that. One trick I use is have some blank pages opened when I start to work with a kit. If I am having problems I will go to another blank page and change the photo or whatever is not working and see if that helps. It is not uncommon to discover that the photo I first chose was the problem... or the mask or frame wasn't working. And occasionally I will just save it and walk away for a time to come back later and be able to create a LO then.
Great suggestions, Kay. My problem is that sometimes I get "married to" either a picture or a vision. Sometimes, if I just leave it for awhile, I see that and change what I need to. Sometimes not. LOL

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I have a small workaround instead of trashing an entire page.

I had a page that I was happy with the design itself. I wasn't pleased with the kit and colors even after color adjustments/blending. Nothing looked right other than where I placed the photos and elements. Instead of starting from scratch, I kept dragging new papers from a bunch of different kits over the background. I turned the visibility on and off until one of the papers felt right. I finished off the page by swapping out the elements with ones from the one that the paper was in.
Great ideas, Chris.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
yes it has happened to me plenty of times

lot of times i finish a page and not sure if i really like it so i sleep on it - then next day i may like it, start over or more often just need to make a few changes to it.
That's a great idea too, look at it with "fresh eyes".

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Oh happens a lot to me as well. I just save it in a folder called Work in Progress and then every so often I scroll through and if there is something that calls to me I open it and either change it up or finish it. There have been a few that just got deleted though as they were a bit 'old' and not my style anymore. :)
Oh, I love that idea, Ona. I need to keep a folder like that.