Oscraps

Have you done all your Christmas shopping yet?

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I love Amazon! I have a few things to send to my GGD in Michigan (via Amazon) and my youngest GS wants PS5 gift cards and I already have the rest of his gifts purchased. I don't have much shopping to do this year. We all (the adults) decided not to exchange gifts last year and all of the older grandkids are adults now and didn't want to exchange gifts either. We'll just have a nice family dinner on Christmas evening.

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
I have 2 gift cards left to buy and I'm done. We didn't really have many good Christmases the past 5 years, but being here with my Dad is a blessing in that regard. Justin and his wife LaShell will be here from Kentucky and Jason and Lindsey are moving just 45 miles away on Monday, so they will be here Christmas, too. My sister and her adult children and their children live nearby, so we will have a houseful for dinner. And I finally had money enough to buy some gifts, so I splurged. Lovin' every bit of it, even though I've come to dislike shopping as I've gotten older.

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
For a few years now we have had the habit of only giving a present to the grandchildren... not at Christmas, but at New Year's. The grandchildren make their own New Year's letters at school with handwritten wishes.... They also prefer gift cards this year...
(Sinterklaas brings toys on December 6 and my grandson's birthday is December 1 and his birthday list includes LEGO, LEGO, LEGO, ... and a football game from Nintendo)

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I've started. My BIL is done. David, I just want one more thing. And I got started on the doggies cause there was a great Black Friday deal of BOGO free on a treat they never get cause it is so expensive. Still got several gifts to buy.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Last year we did a type of Dirty Santa where everyone who wants to participate brings a wrapped gift to throw into the pile in the center of the room. Everyone was given a number. Number 1 picked a gift from the pile and opened it, then Number 2. If Number 2 decides to steal Number 1's gift, then Number 1 gets to pick another gift.....and so the game goes.
So, I have to buy a couple of gifts for that game, but our gathering isn't until January. Other than that, we just give the grands money.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
Last year we did a type of Dirty Santa where everyone who wants to participate brings a wrapped gift to throw into the pile in the center of the room. Everyone was given a number. Number 1 picked a gift from the pile and opened it, then Number 2. If Number 2 decides to steal Number 1's gift, then Number 1 gets to pick another gift.....and so the game goes.
So, I have to buy a couple of gifts for that game, but our gathering isn't until January. Other than that, we just give the grands money.
We do that as well, at our big family get-together! It's so much fun.

In my smaller family, we stopped exchanging gifts a few years ago. Now we just give each other little "stocking stuffer" type gifts. And I haven't bought a thing, yet! :xmas1:

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I love Amazon! I have a few things to send to my GGD in Michigan (via Amazon) and my youngest GS wants PS5 gift cards and I already have the rest of his gifts purchased. I don't have much shopping to do this year. We all (the adults) decided not to exchange gifts last year and all of the older grandkids are adults now and didn't want to exchange gifts either. We'll just have a nice family dinner on Christmas evening.
It's great too that Amazon will send the gifts and you don't need to pay extra to ship them! We all decided that next year we will all buy for the kids, seven of them, and the adults will each draw a name from all the adults and just buy for that person. Our family started doing charcuterie boards for our Christmas Eve. It's usually just me and Tod on Christmas Day. It sounds like you will have a wonderful Christmas! I can't wait to see your photos!

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
What am I reading here?
An amazon listing ? But this isn't the right address to reach Santa ...
Do you want to put Santa out of work?
:bowdown::bowdown::jawdrop3::jawdrop3:
Well, Buddy, I am so sorry! I'm just not able to come out and see you this year since I am house bound due to chemo. Please don't put me on your naughty list!

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I have 2 gift cards left to buy and I'm done. We didn't really have many good Christmases the past 5 years, but being here with my Dad is a blessing in that regard. Justin and his wife LaShell will be here from Kentucky and Jason and Lindsey are moving just 45 miles away on Monday, so they will be here Christmas, too. My sister and her adult children and their children live nearby, so we will have a houseful for dinner. And I finally had money enough to buy some gifts, so I splurged. Lovin' every bit of it, even though I've come to dislike shopping as I've gotten older.
Susan, I am so glad you get to be with so much of your family this year for Christmas! I am also so glad that Jason and Lindsey will be moving close by as well! I know how much it means to have your family close by. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas! We want to see photos!

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
For a few years now we have had the habit of only giving a present to the grandchildren... not at Christmas, but at New Year's. The grandchildren make their own New Year's letters at school with handwritten wishes.... They also prefer gift cards this year...
(Sinterklaas brings toys on December 6 and my grandson's birthday is December 1 and his birthday list includes LEGO, LEGO, LEGO, ... and a football game from Nintendo)
Those sound like some wonderful holiday traditions! I remember St. Nicholaus Tag in Germany but we didn't observe it as my dad was American. My German relatives did though. We also got together on Christmas Eve. It's wonderful and important to have family traditions. We want to see photos!

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Our grandchildren want vouchers and this is perfect. They receive them on January 6th. because in Spain the gifts are brought by the three holy kings.
That is awesome! I love hearing about Christmas traditions from other countries! We had an exchange student one year from Spain and one from Portugal. It was wonderful having them!

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I've started. My BIL is done. David, I just want one more thing. And I got started on the doggies cause there was a great Black Friday deal of BOGO free on a treat they never get cause it is so expensive. Still got several gifts to buy.
Yes! We mustn't forget our furry kids!! Black Friday is a great time to stock up on goodies for them.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Dirty Santa is a great idea! We have done it at church parties but not with family. I know the game is lots of fun!

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
We do that as well, at our big family get-together! It's so much fun.

In my smaller family, we stopped exchanging gifts a few years ago. Now we just give each other little "stocking stuffer" type gifts. And I haven't bought a thing, yet! :xmas1:
You still have lots of time, Angie! We all decided that next year the adults will draw a name of an adult to buy for and everyone would buy for the kids. Dirty Santa might also be an idea!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
I am almost finished, but still have all of my Christmas Cards to get done yet. I am starting to get that panicky feeling that I get every year, but I know it will all come together and it will get finished on time. :xmas1:

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I am almost finished, but still have all of my Christmas Cards to get done yet. I am starting to get that panicky feeling that I get every year, but I know it will all come together and it will get finished on time. :xmas1:
That's awesome Trudy! It's also wonderful that you send cards! My husband found an old box of Christmas cards and labeled envelopes in our shed. I don't know why they never got sent but they didn't. It made me sad to look through them as some of the people have already passed away. I kind of got out of the habit of sending many cards except to a few relatives out of state. We do exchange Christmas cards at church though.