Oscraps

Have you done all your Christmas shopping yet?

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
I am almost finished, but still have all of my Christmas Cards to get done yet. I am starting to get that panicky feeling that I get every year, but I know it will all come together and it will get finished on time. :xmas1:
@taxed4ever @faerywings Have you tried digital Christmas cards. Jacquie Lawson makes exquisite, interactive cards. Here's the membership prices: It covers you for all the cards for any reason for your membership period. It's been worth it to me because it's actually cheaper for me than buying cards and postage - and that's just for Christmas! I don't know anyone that's not on line and that includes by 88-year old father and mother! (Daddy's 89 next month but he was a member of the IBM team that developed the IBM PC. He truly grew up with it. Oddly enough, my stepmother would never use a computer for anything!)

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
@taxed4ever @faerywings Have you tried digital Christmas cards. Jacquie Lawson makes exquisite, interactive cards. Here's the membership prices: It covers you for all the cards for any reason for your membership period. It's been worth it to me because it's actually cheaper for me than buying cards and postage - and that's just for Christmas! I don't know anyone that's not on line and that includes by 88-year old father and mother! (Daddy's 89 next month but he was a member of the IBM team that developed the IBM PC. He truly grew up with it. Oddly enough, my stepmother would never use a computer for anything!)
Susan, that is an awesome idea! I also loved reading about your computer savvy father!

Limequilla

I’m in the same boat as Vicky Day.- White Elephant Game, and then presents for the little kids. The big kids want MONEY.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
My dad was a computer programmer when they used the punch cards. I remember seeing the room of the computers and the cards with the holes in them. Times have changed!

bkasko

CHEERY O
I am basically done as the kids and grandkids make Amazon lists for me so it is easier to get them what they want. I still need to wrap everything and since I hate that part I have been doing one person a day. I finished my parents and they are the hardest but my dad loves chocolate covered cherries and black licorice so in addition to a sweater he is getting candy and that will make him happy. I will make cookies and candy next week with the grandkids as they like to decorate cookies for Santa and have already started asking for special treats I make at the holidays. I made pumpkin rolls yesterday and will take one to my middle grandson as he has already asked when I would be making them.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I am basically done as the kids and grandkids make Amazon lists for me so it is easier to get them what they want. I still need to wrap everything and since I hate that part I have been doing one person a day. I finished my parents and they are the hardest but my dad loves chocolate covered cherries and black licorice so in addition to a sweater he is getting candy and that will make him happy. I will make cookies and candy next week with the grandkids as they like to decorate cookies for Santa and have already started asking for special treats I make at the holidays. I made pumpkin rolls yesterday and will take one to my middle grandson as he has already asked when I would be making them.
It is wonderful that you have your grandkids help. This creates such wonderful family memories and traditions!

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
Completely done, wrapped and ready to go under the tree, but can't because my Dad's little dog tries to play with them and some have chocolate in them. I sure don't want him eating that! Can't wait for my kids to get here! What a great Christmas !

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Completely done, wrapped and ready to go under the tree, but can't because my Dad's little dog tries to play with them and some have chocolate in them. I sure don't want him eating that! Can't wait for my kids to get here! What a great Christmas !
I know what you mean about dogs getting in presents! Our dog loves to snag the tissue paper out of the bags! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I'm done my Xmas shopping (only b/c we are not doing Xmas shopping this year). For the first time ever, we are not exchanging gifts. We are too busy and tired from being sick and just moving into the new house.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I'm done my Xmas shopping (only b/c we are not doing Xmas shopping this year). For the first time ever, we are not exchanging gifts. We are too busy and tired from being sick and just moving into the new house.
I can understand that, Rae! Moving is so difficult let alone moving before the holidays. I hope you will all be feeling better and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I always said that I was never done. I was always out at the eleventh hour looking for something - lots of times, batteries. We don't exchange gifts as a family anymore, except for the young grandchild.

HOWEVER, I just found out that there will be a guest at Christmas dinner who will bring gifts. I have to go tomorrow and get something for her. I think I'll go to Walgreen's and get her a gift card. She loves Starbucks, so that's probably what I'll get.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I always said that I was never done. I was always out at the eleventh hour looking for something - lots of times, batteries. We don't exchange gifts as a family anymore, except for the young grandchild.

HOWEVER, I just found out that there will be a guest at Christmas dinner who will bring gifts. I have to go tomorrow and get something for her. I think I'll go to Walgreen's and get her a gift card. She loves Starbucks, so that's probably what I'll get.
I think gift cards are awesome gifts. I used to get them when I taught school and it was always appreciated.