Oscraps

Happy Juneteenth!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
th

I hope that this is a day of rejoicing for all of you who celebrate and reflect. I am glad that it became a federal holiday last year, it had been a long time in coming. For those of you who live outside of the US, here is some information on the significance of Juneteenth I am sure that there are better and richer sources out there but this one is a quick historical run-down.

If you celebrate or your community does, I would love to hear all about it. <3

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
It has not made it to a state recognized holiday in Oklahoma yet. They've already posted the 2023 holidays and it's not listed there either..... Oklahoma man....

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
It has not made it to a state recognized holiday in Oklahoma yet. They've already posted the 2023 holidays and it's not listed there either..... Oklahoma man....
#dk
So that means federal offices are closed, but state offices are open? Why wouldn't OK recognize it as a .... never mind.

@tjscraps I love reading about other holidays and historical events from the countries too :)

LSlycord

For the first time ever, I am on Juneteenth holiday from work. The bad news is that I don't get paid unless I work. The good news is that I have a 4 day work week and that makes me happy!

I am grateful that our holidays are being re-evaluated to make sense. The history of Juneteenth is certainly worthy of recognition! Thanks for posting this @faerywings.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
For the first time ever, I am on Juneteenth holiday from work. The bad news is that I don't get paid unless I work. The good news is that I have a 4 day work week and that makes me happy!

I am grateful that our holidays are being re-evaluated to make sense. The history of Juneteenth is certainly worthy of recognition! Thanks for posting this @faerywings.
Nice to have the day off, but not good on not being paid. :(

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
i think it’s great that we are recognizing Juneteenth but it also seems weird to have people outside of Texas knowing about it. (I’ve known about it for a long time.)

(It was also a paid holiday for my dh. Always good news.)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I think the first time I heard about it was in the last 5-6 years, maybe a little longer than that. I remember when it was announced as a Fed holiday last year it felt like it was a long time coming.

The biggest thing for me yesterday was that I had to keep reminding myself there was no mail delivery! :p

Amandajk

Well, kuddos for the soveriegnty of Oklahoma.#clap Our founding fathers never intended there to be "big" government. The states' voice is paramount to the Republic.
But it wouldn't hurt to acknowledge the new holiday as it is part of our history! :)

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Well, kuddos for the soveriegnty of Oklahoma.#clap Our founding fathers never intended there to be "big" government. The states' voice is paramount to the Republic.
But it wouldn't hurt to acknowledge the new holiday as it is part of our history! :)
LOVE your siggy!!