Oscraps

Go Steelers!!!

lemonyr

That's all I'm sayin'.... ;)

I'm getting the house all decorated and food ready for the party tonight. Just wanted to stop by and pump y'all up! (especially you, Sal!)

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Steelers Smeelers!!

They stole the superbowl a couple of years ago and they are LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So sad they won. :(

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Mel!! Those boys sure gave us quite the show, huh?? What a fantastic game!! We were all screaming up a storm. I have to say our family was divided today. We all love Kurt Warner, but remember, I'm married to a staunch Cowboys fan (ohhhh I hope I haven't ruined your image of Mr Gorgeous!! LOL!!) and we live in Houston...Oilers + Steelers? nahhhhhhh....So most of us were screaming for the Cards...secretly I was cheering on my guys - Heath Miller & Heinz Ward. I'm still perturbed about Holmes missing two games in the heart of my fantasy season, so I had a few choice words about him tonight!! heehee...

But...

Cora defended him for ya, Mel!! and those Steelers (i'm now a BIG Tomlin fan...can't believe he's younger than me!! LOL!!) sure won the game! I don't think the Cards lost, I think the Steelers really played better!!

yup...nothin better than a good football game that you HAVE to watch til the end because it's close!! yikes!!! ohhh I have to go take my BP meds!! LOL!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
LOL Sal- love the update! We were so girlie in my house. The guys were upstairs yelling over the too big too loud TV and my MIL, SIL and I were watercoloring faery pictures!

sandracvrt

I am so not a Steelers fan... I wanted the Cards to win... very disappointed with the officiating as well... they made some terrible calls, and I think that's what cost the Cards the game... I really would have loved to see the Cards win... Sal-you're too funny... I loved your update too!

LSlycord

I am a huge Kurt Warner fan...he's an Iowa boy you know! But I loved the game! And like Sal, I'm now a huge Tomlin fan! And Mel, I'm sure that you are still on cloud nine! Congrats!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Oh, did I mention I'm a bit bitter about the Steelers win?? If I knew how to do more than happy face smileys I would put one up here sticking its tongue out. :p

~*Lainebean*~

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!! LOL my house was so funny, it was just me and my aunt rooting (actively) for the steelers! My oma said she was too, but she wasnt loud enough LOL!! so it was 3 (and emma, who was upstairs the whole time ;) ) against like 20!! LOL the cards would make a good play and it would be 'YAAAAAY' then the steelers would make one and it would be 'yay'. it was so funny!! and when the steelers won my aunt and I were jumping around and hugging each other and everone else was like *groan* ugh ok bye. haha!! i'm pretty psyched, still!! :)

lemonyr

Cora, you need to post your face painted pics for everyone! ;) LOVED them!

And YAY for the other Steeler fans!!!! (Kat, I *still* wish it would have been a PA Superbowl...darn...maybe next year)

I really like Kurt Warner and think Arizona played a great game. It was truly an AWESOME game...on *both* ends. I bleed black and gold. Pittsburgh is an ENORMOUS football city (350-450 thousand people are downtown for a celebration parade today!) and I'm very proud to say that I support the Steelers 110%...ALL the time. And I am a positive fan. If they lost, yes, I would have been disappointed and upset. Would it have been the end of the world? No. Would I be complaining about it 3-5 years from now? No. I'd get over it and move on. No fairweather fans here...we're behind our team ALL the time. Win or lose and with no excuses.

As for officiating...blech...there is bad officiating in EVERY SINGLE game/sport out there. Period. End of story. I could go back and write up 43 million instances of a bad call for EVERY team out there. It's just a good excuse for everyone to use when their team loses. Not trying to be snarky...just honest. I hate drama of any kind and I really hate when anyone tries to rain on someone's parade. :( I was just tryin' to have a little Superbowl day fun! ;) If Arizona would have won, I would have been happy for them and their fans. (especially my girl, Sally!) They are a respectful team and deserve that. AS DO THE STEELERS. You don't win 6 Superbowls for nothing...

Okay, ducking out now. I know I'm overly sensitive, but I have to admit I'm a little hurt that the whole "bad officiating" "sad they won" thing was brought up... :( Again, not being snarky, just being hurt...

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
I can stop being bitter for a second, I guess. It was a great game. That last quarter was amazing no matter which team you were cheering for. They were both awesome this year and it was so fun watching the Cardinals come back and they were all playing awesome. I am so not a football fan and definately a fairweather fan of the Seahawks (can you blame me??). I love the Superbowl though. There are always horrible calls, this year there were a lot of bad calls against the Steelers. It was a great game though. I really am happy for you Mel!! I am like that about the Mariners. I don't care if they are having a good year or a bad year. Those are my guys!!

Generally I could care less who wins unless I have a great reason to pick a team. I totally forgot that was who beat the Seahawks a couple years ago, but of course I had to jump on that band wagon. It was fun watching with my husband. His family is from Pennsylvania and Cleveland, OH so he was all about the Steelers so I was cheering against him as much as possible to annoy him. It was amusing. I'm sorry Mel if any of my comments bothered you. I am excited that you get to be all excited for your team. Seattle has yet to have a team pull it off in any sport. We are land of sport mediocrity.

Last edited by a moderator: