Oscraps

Getting to Know You: What's your number?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
1.jpg

I am so far below average for this question, I am not even close. I have lived in three permanent homes, my childhood home, a teeny-tiny condo when I was first married, and we have been in this house for 26 years.
I have lived in three other places when I was in college: dorms my first year and a couple of really awful houses that were great for having parties but not much else. One of the houses was condemned the year after we moved out. Guys moved in after us and I am sure that whatever we girls tried to do to keep it clean and tidy didn't continue with them. heh

When my kids were little, they shared a room and by the time they were 4 and 6, they were done with that idea. When it came down to moving or adding a level, we ended up with a second story and the "kids" (23 and 25) are still up there.

How many homes have you lived in?
if money was no object, would you prefer to move or add on?​

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I guess I would say 11 plus two different dorm rooms. (I lived in the same apartment for multiple years in college, so I definitely count that in the 11.) It's a little iffy because 5 of the 11 are places I lived as a missionary, so each apartment was meant to be temporary. There are actually more than 11 but those are the ones I remember. I know I lived in multiple places when I was under two but I don't actually know how many. My parents moved a lot when they first got married. We are really hoping to move closer to David's work at some point, so I would definitely move if I had the money rather than adding on.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I guess I would say 11 plus two different dorm rooms. (I lived in the same apartment for multiple years in college, so I definitely count that in the 11.) It's a little iffy because 5 of the 11 are places I lived as a missionary, so each apartment was meant to be temporary. There are actually more than 11 but those are the ones I remember. I know I lived in multiple places when I was under two but I don't actually know how many. My parents moved a lot when they first got married. We are really hoping to move closer to David's work at some point, so I would definitely move if I had the money rather than adding on.
That is so cool that you traveled as a missionary, where were you placed?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
That is really cool Cindy! Were you fluent in Spanish before you went? Bet you were by the time you were done

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I have lived in 8 homes, which surprised me when I thought it through. I've been in my current home for only 6 weeks, and if money were no object, I'd move in a heartbeat. Not that there's anything wrong with my condo, it's just what I could afford, and my dream home would have a lot more outdoor space.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I would have a hard time not having outdoor space too. Maybe someday you will be able to move someplace where this is lots of space.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
I sat down with pen and paper and did a tally of all the homes I have lived in. My total is 15. We moved around a lot while my DH was with the R.C.M.P. Now if I won a lot of money I think I would do some major renos to our home, there is no way I want to move and give up our view.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Counted to 17. I can have forgotten some place from when I was really small, but I think that's kinda correct.

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O

The house i was born in i only know because of old pictures,
I grew up in an appartement
Moved when i was 15 to a house
And about 35 years ago moved into my own house and still live there!

scrapinmom

CHEERY O
21 or 22.
My 1st hubby and I had a trailer at one time that moved from one town to another. I broke it down to 4 places in childhood (15 years in 1 of the 4), the rest from life changes (1st marriage) and being a Navy wife for 20 odd years and moving every 2 years. I lived in 21 different homes, places in 43 years (been at my present home for 20 years and plan to stay.) I went back and forth from time to time due to short stints at jobs for me or hubby. Phew. It is a great way to purge your stuff.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I sat down with pen and paper and did a tally of all the homes I have lived in. My total is 15. We moved around a lot while my DH was with the R.C.M.P. Now if I won a lot of money I think I would do some major renos to our home, there is no way I want to move and give up our view.
You are already doing lots of renos! LOL! I wouldn't give up your house and its view either!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O

The house i was born in i only know because of old pictures,
I grew up in an appartement
Moved when i was 15 to a house
And about 35 years ago moved into my own house and still live there!
You beat me by 1 haha!!!!

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I was not fluent in Spanish when I left although I did have more knowledge than most called to be Spanish speaking missionaries. My skills were definitely good when my 18 months were over. I'm afraid these days it's a bit rusty.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
28 houses/apartments - not counting 3 temporary places as we waited for houses to be available.

6 of them were when I was a child; 3 apartments in first 2 years after we married; 11 places during hubby's 20 years in the Navy; 4 during his 19 years as a tech rep with Aerospace firm; and 3 houses after his retirement. Been in this last house for almost 12 years and plan to stay here unless health dictates otherwise.

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
I’ve lived in 6 permanent homes. Well if it wasn’t dealing with an incompetent HOA…. I’d just renovate…. But we are in the process of a dream house build.