Oscraps

Fitness trackers?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Do you use a fitness tracker? If you do, which one do you have and how do you like like it?

I have a FitBit Charge HR. Not because I am some high level fitness guru that needs to check pulse rate while exercising,but that I need to keep track of my pulse rate when I stand up so don't fall back down. :dizzy:

I do use it regularly to track my steps and I want to do a better job with that. In the summer, I can hit the goal of 10,000 steps 4-5 days a week since I will be outside or off to walk the dogs. Now I am lucky to hit it once a week. I have toyed with the idea of changing the steps goal to 8,000. Maybe if I hit that goal, it will inspire me to keep going? OTOH, I think that if I keep it at 10K I should really push myself harder.

I don't use mine to track calories or food. *pats self on back*
I wish there was a way to track servings of food, like eating 5 servings of veggies instead of actual amounts of food.

So tell us how you use your tracker. :)

felis

I don't track nothing. I don't remember my grandma to be obsessed from such things. Dog walks and good looks of your garden show do you're enough active, the modern life is unnecessarily complicated.

Did you mean something like that?!
Food Guide Servings Tracker
or Apps

Last edited by a moderator:

seniorgal

I have a Fit Bit but haven't used it because I already know I take at least 100 steps a day. :shock:

petey111

I have an HR as well. I tend not to use it too much because I walk a crazy amount during the day when I'm teaching.

My cousin had a little business for a while where you had bracelets - skinny plastic different colored bracelets - that you would wear to represent your servings. Protein was black I think, veggies green, etc. When you ate one of your servings, you moved the bracelet over to the other arm. You could do the same thing with beads or something. Or..I'm sure there are apps out there that will track servings instead of nutritional values. Simplicity.... Just like Vicki and her water ideas....keeping it handing and cold. No need to get fancy, just make sure it's visible and there!

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
I have a fitbit tracker ...
school we don't have an elevator ... I always like to see how many steps I've done in a day ...

From Monday to Friday ... no problem to have more than 10 000 steps ... On days like today, it is difficult - it's cold and wet ... and I'd rather stay inside. If it is cold and sunny, I still try to make a good walk ...

Nickel

Feeling Owsome at the O!
CHEERY O
No I don't have a mobile(stupid or smart) maybe a stepping counter or a running programme. I've planned to buy a smart phone for almost a year but for some stupid reasons I don't do it

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I have a Pebble Smartwatch and it tracks my steps. Alas, Pebble has been purchased by Fitbit so I am sad. No more Pebbles in my future.

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
I have an app on my phone,runkeeper. At first i used it every day, but not anymore, don't know why :bowl:

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I had a fitbit and loved it but I accidentally went swimming in it and it went kaput. And, I didn't replace it. So, maybe I didn't actually "love" it. hmmmmm......

AFTdesigns

Designer
Designer
I have many a Polar products (which most of are heart rate monitors). While I'm super blessed to be a Ambassador for the brand - I was an avid wearer of their products long before I was ever an Ambassador.

I think they have something pretty much for everyone, if anyone has any questions about their products I'd be happy to help you out!

ninigoesdigi

O sO silly
If I am nothing like my father, I will have my heart rate goes higher just by looking at my heart rate lol We are both worriers and I have doom to hypertension someday and I think this kind of heart rate thing would have to stay at the doctor or it will get me stressed and then have my tension rise lol
I just look at my step count in iPhone sometimes ;)