Oscraps

First week after first chemo

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I am now one week and a day out from my first chemo. Initially, I was really wired as they give your a steroid and Benadryl with chemo. Obviously, the steroid won out as I was wired! After that wore off, I noticed that I was very tired and I napped off and on throughout the day. I have had some problems with my stomach and painful back spasms but I think those are, hopefully, gone. I am trying to pace myself to do small jobs to conserve my energy. I am looking forward to being on here a bit more. I have missed everyone. My next chemo is November 21st which is two days before Thanksgiving. Hopefully next go around with chemo won't have any new or worse side effects. I appreciate your encouragement and prayers.

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
Oh Evelyn, we have missed YOU being here, too!! I am sorry that you have having to go through this...:hug1: UGH at the timing of the next treatment...I hope you are still able to enjoy Thanksgiving and not having any new side effects...:beatingheart:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
It's so nice to see you popping in, Evelyn I'm sure you've been feeling poorly and we miss you, but take care of yourself. Continues thoughts and lots of gentle hugs coming your way. :hug3::hug4:

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Oh Evelyn, we have missed YOU being here, too!! I am sorry that you have having to go through this...:hug1: UGH at the timing of the next treatment...I hope you are still able to enjoy Thanksgiving and not having any new side effects...:beatingheart:
Thank you so much, Jenn. My daughters and daughter-in-law are taking care of most of the food. My DH and I are buying a smoked turkey. I am going to try to make a few things up ahead of time when I am feeling better.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
It's so nice to see you popping in, Evelyn I'm sure you've been feeling poorly and we miss you, but take care of yourself. Continues thoughts and lots of gentle hugs coming your way. :hug3::hug4:
Thank you so much, Cheryl! I'm praying for your DH!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Sending you gentle hugs :hug2: and hope that you will not have any more ill effects from the next chemo session! I am so sorry you are having to deal with this and remember to take care of yourself!

timounette

CHEERY O
I'm so glad that first chemo didn't treat you too badly.
Rest well, keep your strength to fight.
I'm sending you lots of good vibes.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Sending you gentle hugs :hug2: and hope that you will not have any more ill effects from the next chemo session! I am so sorry you are having to deal with this and remember to take care of yourself!
Thank you so much, Trudy!

*sylvia*

♥→o←♥
CHEERY O
I'm glad the first chemo wasn't too bad for you and hope it stays that way. Take care of yourself and stay positive. Hugs.

Kythe

CHEERY O
Hang in there. Good to hear the family is coming together to prepare the festive dinner. Sit back and let them handle things... you can crack the whip.lol:whip3:
Gentle hugs sent your way.

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
Sending you hugs and lots of healing power... I hope you are taking it easy and resting a lot, as your body will need all the help it can get. So sorry you have to go through this...

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Hang in there. Good to hear the family is coming together to prepare the festive dinner. Sit back and let them handle things... you can crack the whip.lol:whip3:
Gentle hugs sent your way.
Thank you so much! Food always seems to taste better when someone else cooks it!

Jeannette

CHEERY O
Thank you so much, Jeannette. My hair started falling out this week so I got it buzzed really short. Now I lose a ton of short hairs multiple times a day. I am developing a bald spot on the top of my head. That has got me bummed out. :(
It sucks Evelyn, but they hair will come back. I remember crying too when it fell out. I had my oldest shave my head. But when I came to peace with it, I found that losing my hair was not such a big deal after all.
It is different though for every woman, and I know that there are women having a real hard time with it!

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
It sucks Evelyn, but they hair will come back. I remember crying too when it fell out. I had my oldest shave my head. But when I came to peace with it, I found that losing my hair was not such a big deal after all.
It is different though for every woman, and I know that there are women having a real hard time with it!
Thank you so much, Jennette! I am sad that you also had to go through this.:hug4: It is a transition for sure! Today my eyebrows started falling out. :sad2: I am wearing lots of hats and beanies around the house. I watch our 17 month old granddaughter and she cries and won't look at me if she sees my bald head. I wore a wig to chemo yesterday but only wore a wool hat when I went to Dollar General today. I also wore a mask. I am watching church online as I am afraid of being in crowds. The flu and Covid strands are still hanging around. I am halfway through my chemo so that is a wonderful thing. How soon did it take for your hair to start growing back? Did it come in a different color or texture such as curly when it used to be straight? I know it's different for everyone.

Jeannette

CHEERY O
Thank you so much, Jennette! I am sad that you also had to go through this.:hug4: It is a transition for sure! Today my eyebrows started falling out. :sad2: I am wearing lots of hats and beanies around the house. I watch our 17 month old granddaughter and she cries and won't look at me if she sees my bald head. I wore a wig to chemo yesterday but only wore a wool hat when I went to Dollar General today. I also wore a mask. I am watching church online as I am afraid of being in crowds. The flu and Covid strands are still hanging around. I am halfway through my chemo so that is a wonderful thing. How soon did it take for your hair to start growing back? Did it come in a different color or texture such as curly when it used to be straight? I know it's different for everyone.
Hi Evelyn, sory for my late respons. My husband always said that he didn't mind me loosing my hear, but loosing my eyebrows and lashes he found much worse. He said it made me look like a ghost. Also because at the end of chemo I looked very pale.
My memories af the end of chemo aren't really sharp, my head wasn't working so well anymore. I did have 6 months of chemo, first week a large round, second week a small round, third week off.
I can't tell you how long it took before my hear grew back, I do remember when it did grow back it went fast. But I don't think it took too long after chemo to grow again. And yes, I did grow curls, which was very weird, because I never had a curl in my life. Color was the same though.
I also remember very well how angry I felt when hair grew back in places women prefer to not have a lot of hairs. I felt that as so unfair :giggle4:.
But there are a lot of women who hates losing their hair. It makes you feel less a woman and people stare at you.
It was worse for my kids. When I went out with my kids I did ware a hat. My kids were in the middle of their puberty, and they hated being watch.
I can image your granddaughter being scared seeing you without hair. Perhaps tell her in an easy way and let her feel. When she knows it is still you and you haven't changed I'm sure it will get easier for the both of you.
:hug4:

angbrey

Hi Evelyn!
I don't know you and we've never chatted. I just read your post here and I wanted to say I've added you to my prayer list and I'll be sure to pray your will, spirit and faith all stay strong in addition to praying for your chemo to work well and bring you healing. I hope your holiday season keeps your heart full of love for those you hold dear. ~Angela~