Oscraps

First horse riding @ healing therapy

ninigoesdigi

O sO silly
Some of you might have seen this in another forum but it makes me so happy I wanted to share with you too! :D

Yesterday my hubby had his first horse riding lesson. The group had started since last September and the teacher was a bit worried about having a newbie in the class. I told him we'll see how it goes and decide after the class what to do. If he had better taken private lessons etc... Well, looks like he will be able to follow along the class! Wow! I was happily surprised that he could stay so nicely on his saddle :rofl: He even did some trot and the teacher said that for a first time he had a pretty good rhythm! Is there some hidden riding genious in my hubby?!! That would be awesome :love:

So, we signed him up and we'll go every week until end of June. Maybe we'll take private lessons in between if we see that he needs a little more guidance but the price is very much different so...
The teacher can't spend his time only on him and I don't want to disrupt the class too much but maybe we won't need it. We'll keep private lessons for the summer as the group will end in June (following school year).

Some of you might remember that he lost his father about a month ago and since then he's been feeling really low, even if he doesn't show it to me a lot. I think this is gonna cheer him up or at least make him forget just for a little while his sadness and regrets of not being able to do more for his family (he is a very responsible and protective person and that caused him to take too much upon himself...).

So, I'm really happy for him and I wanted to share with you.

I actually would like to ride myself but I'm pretty allergic to any kind of hair and even if we were standing above the riding practice area, after 30 minutes I had my asthma starting... Next week I need to take some anti-histaminic pills before we go there :rofl:

1236898_10152259437634871_7091083904525054113_n.jpg

1501692_10152259437644871_814930225038173880_n.jpg

1925342_10152259437849871_5744142156190643303_n.jpg

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Looks like he's really comfortable - like he's been riding all his life. I've never tried, I'm a bit frightened of horses really - they're so big :)

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
That is excactly what I thougt! He looks great on that horse! And a white one!
He is definitely your prince!

great pictures!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Nini- I am so happy for you both!! It is so heartwarming when you see something help someone you love feel better. Hugs!

Dumpty

back hOme and loving it
That second photo is awesome Nini ! He looks dashing :)
I'm glad this can help him feel better ...

petey111

That is so great!!! How fun for him. I hope he likes it!

I never thought about horses causing allergies! I better take some medicine when I take my son out to my friend's farm to meet them!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Nini... your husband sits a horse quite well!! Looks very comfortable on his white steed! LOL My DD did riding therapy for years, she loved it!! Hope your DH loves his riding too!!

mrstoa

mrstoa
How wonderful - he looks relaxed and comfortable. Beautiful photos - perfect for a special page!

tropt

Fantastic photos and I love how proud you are of him and how you are helping him deal with the loss of his father. :)

sabdesbois

Feeling at hOme!
You sounds almost prouder than him!
That's a great first start, congratulations to him! It's always good to focus on a new activity ;)

(I'm with you Nini for the allergic side, this is so boring to take anti-histaminic pills!)