tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
... this will be expensive.

And I thought I had a big Oscraps stash .... LOL

2b7j1cy.jpg

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I think collecting stash applies to all hobbies, LOL! I have reams of fabric which I know I will never get to use in my lifetime, and that is AFTER I gave heaps of it away when we made the big move down here! lol! I had lots of paper crafting stuff too, which I also gave away, but funnily enough I am having to buy more as I find I need it again! lol!
giphy.gif

jodyt

I think collecting stash applies to all hobbies, LOL! I have reams of fabric which I know I will never get to use in my lifetime, and that is AFTER I gave heaps of it away when we made the big move down here! lol! I had lots of paper crafting stuff too, which I also gave away, but funnily enough I am having to buy more as I find I need it again! lol!
giphy.gif
I also have heaps of knitting yarn.. I could start a shop.

tanteva

I also have heaps of knitting yarn.. I could start a shop.
Oh, don't get me started on yarn. LOL I have 1 closet. When that got full, I started filling up a small cabinet. When that got full, I went on to a closet. When that got full, I started on the closet beside it, but that was already half full with other things .... so now I have yarn EVERYWHERE ....

#crazy

jodyt

We could go into business together, fabric and yarn!!!! lol!!! :)
I also collected fat quarters with the view of making a bedspread. I got them all around Australia, I thought I would remember the places we went on that trip by the quilt.. Um yes, well the huge container of fabric is somewhere in the shed, has been there now for 14 years.. I have no idea where I bought any of it and strongly suspect I will never use one piece of it. A hoarder? Me? darn right I am.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I also collected fat quarters with the view of making a bedspread. I got them all around Australia, I thought I would remember the places we went on that trip by the quilt.. Um yes, well the huge container of fabric is somewhere in the shed, has been there now for 14 years.. I have no idea where I bought any of it and strongly suspect I will never use one piece of it. A hoarder? Me? darn right I am.
Oh I have a few fat quarters as well and Jelly Rolls!! lol! I bought mine while I traveled around NSW with work and like you, was always going to make a quilt with them! I did make some quilted pillow/cushion covers....... and look at them now and wonder how in the heck did I have the patience for it! lol! but never say never, you just don't know when the urge to do some sewing may eventuate. LOL!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Oh yeah... scrapbooking and getting scrapbooking supplies are etirely different hobbies...
I agree! And I have to stay out of Hobby Lobby because every time I walk into that store, I buy more paper scrapbooking stuff.....just because it is so cute! ;)

mom2triplets04

I'm right there with you. I have enough fabrics and rubber stamps to last a lifetime and yup I continue to buy more. Not to mention fiction books. I could have my own library.

tanteva

I'm right there with you. I have enough fabrics and rubber stamps to last a lifetime and yup I continue to buy more. Not to mention fiction books. I could have my own library.
We actually have a library. People thought we were a bit crazy when we bougth the house & dedicated the biggest room to reading. Bookcases around all walls and 2 comfy reading chairs in the middle of the room.

But I do admit: now I wish it was our bedroom LOL Our bedroom is ting & it's hard to make the bed. And it's upstairs which means it's hot in the summer. We'll see. Maybe we will give up the library...

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I have a bunch of yard - I don't know how to knit nor crochet

I have every sort of paint imaginable - I do randomly use a very small part of it

I have tools and supplies for paper scrapbooking and everything associated with it

I have gardening tools - I don't garden

I have all these baking tools/supplies - I don't use any of it

and the list goes on and on and on lol

BUT I have FUN in the collecting!

jodyt

We actually have a library. People thought we were a bit crazy when we bougth the house & dedicated the biggest room to reading. Bookcases around all walls and 2 comfy reading chairs in the middle of the room.

But I do admit: now I wish it was our bedroom LOL Our bedroom is ting & it's hard to make the bed. And it's upstairs which means it's hot in the summer. We'll see. Maybe we will give up the library...
I had a library, I emptied it completely when we rented out house out. We filled it again when we came home. We emptied it again, removed some walls and incorporated the space into a new kitchen. All my reading materials are now digital. Saves so much space, can take it all with me when I travel and I can read anywhere. Works well for me. I thought I could never let go of books, but I have and don't really miss them.