Oscraps

Fans of The Walking Dead, are you watching the final season?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I should put the word season in quotes, I think it is supposed to be around 20+ episodes, that is way more than one season to me.
We started watching TWD when season 2 was airing, we binged season one on Netflix, then two, and started recording season three. It has been a crazy ride, right? There have been a bunch of times where we were thinking we would stop watching but then we have invested so much time into it that we kept on going.

What do you think is going to happen? Is there anyone you think is going to be killed off for sure or make it to the end?

Do you think any of the other spinoffs will overlap? In one of the commercials, it looked like the soldiers from World's End were there, and we know they popped up in Fear.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I should put the word season in quotes, I think it is supposed to be around 20+ episodes, that is way more than one season to me.
We started watching TWD when season 2 was airing, we binged season one on Netflix, then two, and started recording season three. It has been a crazy ride, right? There have been a bunch of times where we were thinking we would stop watching but then we have invested so much time into it that we kept on going.

What do you think is going to happen? Is there anyone you think is going to be killed off for sure or make it to the end?

Do you think any of the other spinoffs will overlap? In one of the commercials, it looked like the soldiers from World's End were there, and we know they popped up in Fear.
I've never watched this show. I know - I'm weird.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I'm not sure how many seasons I've seen of TWD. 7 maybe? Then I had to stop with that streaming service to save money. Is this the absolutely last season? Then I will probably buy the boxed blu-ray or something, and start over again. I sure wouldn't mind get me a fix of Norman Reedus again. :)

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
You aren't alone! ;) I don't really even know what it is though I've seen ads on TV.
I guess anything zombie-sounding turns me off. Hahaha We started watching Outlander tonight and only made it half way through Episode 1. I guess we're kind of weird.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Gary and I go through Love/Hate periods with this show and the other spin-offs. It is definitely one of those things where after so much time "invested," it's like we are so close to getting all of the answers, how do we give up on it now? ha!

Eva-- yup, last "season," and I checked-- 24 episodes. 24!!

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
We got kind of burnt out on it and with everything going on in the world last year, we didn't watch it then. I'll have to check to see where we are. Didn't know it was ending.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
We watched the Talking Dead premiere episode last night. The only thing I am going to say in advance is if *anything* happens to Dog...

for anyone who doesn't watch, Dog is Daryl's dog (Surprised?! LOL) and is a Very Good Boy.

I can see why you would get burned out @VickiStegall but last season was actually neat to watch. They shot very intense backstory pieces, very reflective, introspective, and very little action. You can tell which ones were done first-- that there were so few actors, everyone was spaced far away, very little fighting with the zombies.

zanthia

CHEERY O
agree with you about dog - nothing better happen to him

knowing that there will be a darryl and carol spinoff , no matter what they get into, they will survive

very curious about maggie and negan scenes

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@zanthia I forgot about the Carol/Darryl spinoff.
Did you see the first episode yet with Maggie and Negan?

Have you ever used doesthedogdie.com? I keep thinking I should check that before each episode.

zanthia

CHEERY O
have not heard of that site

I did not see first episode as we cut the cord a few months ago and have no access to AMC. i guess once the season is over will have to get amc plus for a month to watch it and fear the walking dead.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
My DD Caitlyn told me about that site a long time ago and we refer to it a lot. I wish I knew about it before I started to watch I am Legend. That one scene had me crying so hard I couldn't watch the rest of the movie.

Good for you cutting the cord!

zanthia

CHEERY O
just went to that site, doesthedogdie.com , not very user friendly - at least pc version. do you use it on the pc or on the phone.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Caitlyn uses it on her phone, I tend to use it on the PC- but she is the one who will search 90% of the time

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
have not heard of that site

I did not see first episode as we cut the cord a few months ago and have no access to AMC. i guess once the season is over will have to get amc plus for a month to watch it and fear the walking dead.
Oh, we cut the cord on cable also so will have to do this as well. Great idea!

Wonder if we'll be able to play catch up that way as well.

LazyDaisy

@zanthia I forgot about the Carol/Darryl spinoff.
Did you see the first episode yet with Maggie and Negan?

Have you ever used doesthedogdie.com? I keep thinking I should check that before each episode.
I love that the site exists. It would be my biggest worry if I still watched. Seriously, lol. I totally understood John Wick & thought he was completely right with his decision making.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I love that the site exists. It would be my biggest worry if I still watched. Seriously, lol. I totally understood John Wick & thought he was completely right with his decision making.
Whenever we watch a thriller or drama show-- as soon as an animal pops onscreen, Cait is on her phone to get the info.

LazyDaisy

Whenever we watch a thriller or drama show-- as soon as an animal pops onscreen, Cait is on her phone to get the info.
In movies & tv they should ban animal life status terror as a tool to increase our stress levels when we watch. It’s not censorship, it’s the decent thing to do. lol.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
That is the truth. In this past episode of TWD, Dog was in it a lot and I was more worried about him than any of the humans. The stress was killing me!

terryspear

I got tired of it and stopped watching it. If it's really the end, I might watch the rest. There's another zombie series that I watched all the way through and I really liked it. Maybe it was Fear of the Walking Dead? And another I watched, which I really liked is Korean, All of Us Are Dead.

Lynn Grieveson

Designer
Designer
I love a good zombie series but i dropped out of TWD a while back. I like the 'alternative world' aspect of them best (ie normal people in a very changed world) but I found it became mostly about the back and forth of violent feuds between different groups so lost me.

Last edited:

zanthia

CHEERY O
I got tired of it and stopped watching it. If it's really the end, I might watch the rest. There's another zombie series that I watched all the way through and I really liked it. Maybe it was Fear of the Walking Dead? And another I watched, which I really liked is Korean, All of Us Are Dead.

for me , fear is nowhere as good as TWD. did you watch the korean one with subtitles or dubbing?

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I'm scrolling all the way to the end without reading in case of spoilers lol.... We quit watching after that season with the whisperers. Not sure that I'm really interested in catching up to watch the end nor any of the spin offs.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I haven't asked Gary if he is interested in any of the spin-offs. Part of me wants to see what happens, other part is pretty much done with it

bcgal00

CHEERY O
We've watched from the beginning and never miss an episode. I PVR and them and then binge a few episodes at a time. We are about 4 episodes behind. I heard that Carol won't be in the spin-off with Darryl so hope they don't kill her off at the end. I also want Eugene to make it to some sort of happy ending.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I *think* they were done with shooting the final episodes when the news came out about Carol. I would love to see Eugene happy too :)