Oscraps

Experimenting

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Well, I guess we all can agree that Anna Aspnes has a very unique design, and I have been wondering how her templates would work with other designers kits. And ... finally, I have done my experiment.

I used Anna's template FotoBlendz Layered Template No. 5 which is truly amazing. I fell in love with it the first moment I saw it, and knew I HAD to have it.

Then I decided to make a new acqaintance: I have never before used a kit by Mary Pop so I browsed through her shop and the choice went for Passion.

And .... here's the result:

What is your verdict? Can you mix Anna's templates with other designers kits?

And has anyone else examples to show?

whatnext

great experiment, Eva!! i'd say it WORKED! i don't have any personal examples at the moment, but i gotta think that Anna's templates will work with ANY products, no matter how artsy or traditional. let me see if i can whip up something that will prove the point!

tanteva

Thanks Phylis. I have another kit I'm gonna try with the same template - totally different style :)

yvonnahenna

Oh I love using her tmplates with other kits.
Here's one from me,

I used Anna's template 47, and coolglows no.1
And with these two there is Merkee's alpha, Sue Cummings' Week 11, and 2 Oscraps cOllabs.

whatnext

OK. here's me using Anna's Artsy Layered Template No.53 and One Little Bird!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bush Girl

WAHHHHH what a brilliant idea and fascinating thread, Eva, Yvon & Phylis. And see now you've got me hooked seeing what I can think up instead of going to pick my kids up from school! hehehehe

tanteva

WAHHHHH what a brilliant idea and fascinating thread, Eva, Yvon & Phylis. And see now you've got me hooked seeing what I can think up instead of going to pick my kids up from school! hehehehe

Leave the kids at school - they're going back there Monday anyway ;)

casbury

Chris
What a great experiment, Eva! Love the results! I'll see if I can come up with something. Thanks for the fun challenge! (Love the "leave the kids at school" comment. hahaha!)

Dady

I just tried with a template from Anna and 52 inpirations 2012 by Vicki Stegall and Sue Cummings

AmberR

A Rockin' ArtsyScrapper
oh, i love mixing anna's templates with other kits, i did a whole blog post on it, but I am on vacation of sorts, not at home and cannot easily link. there is a great example in my gallery using anna 's template and maya's moustache kit...but this teeny laptop is a pain, you'll just have to take my word for it!!

tanteva

Here AmberR - I dug it out for you ... for us all :)

I did see this one before, but I hadn't realized it was one of Anna's templates.

rsdtmd

I really like to see her stuff mixed with other more traditional or vintage type of kits. Even mixing her artplay's with other kits can work well. The album I am working on now I am mixing in Anna's supplies with other kits that I have. Seeing her stuff mixed up really reminds me how versatile Anna's supplies can be.

ViVre

Hi Eva. LOVE your question.
And here is my 'simple' answer: why not?

I used one of Anna's Artsy Templates and an amount of goodies of other designers (mainly Oscraps ofcourse!)

Applechick

Here's mine!!! Great challenge, I love mixing different kits together :)
Anna's template plus bits and pieces from other Oscraps designers.

DecNine.jpg

sberkan

I know I've done this because I just love so much of the stuff around here that I have to mix and match. I took a quick look through my gallery and found a few where I mixed Anna templates with other kits...

Anna's template and kit by Dido Designs

Anna's template and kit by Biograffiti

Anna's template and kit by Jennifer Labre

tanteva

Wow - so many fantastic pages. Really FUN to see how Anna's templates work with other designers. Here I thought it might be hard :)

Here's another one from me. This time I used this template of Anna's, and mixed it with papers from Maya and an alpha from Kitty. Cheated and used these elements from Anna too :)