Oscraps

Easy Meals

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I've been really busy with work lately and don't have the time or energy to cook much. My go-to has been burgers, chicken and hotdogs on the BBQ with a green salad. I think I need to think of a few other fast and easy meals to put together as my poor hubs is probably bored to death of my cooking. Of course, for me, meals have to be keto friendly but anyone can post their ideas and recipes here b/c even if I can't make them, others can. So, all are welcome to post here.

Maybe I need to think about crockpot recipes. For some reason, in the summer I don't really think about using my crockpot although in the winter I use it a lot. Funny how we have silly habits LOL.

felis

I don't know about the crockpot, but I just love our air fryer, it's really fast and finally we can fry fast food like potatoes, onion rings, or cheese bites.
If I'm in grumpy mode and want to be bad we make even fish fingers.
So this are my fast ideas, but I'm not sure which will work for keto.

felis

Oh, oh I have to ask my sister how this paste is called in english, but this is very fast and yummy. It's tradition for my area so I post this link (translator bar is on the top left), but if my sis told me some english will update it later.
Think I have to take a breakfast now. :hungry:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I am in the Summer of Laze with cooking :p
Last night I did grilled veggies (eggplant, zucchini, red pepper, vidalia onion) that I tossed with olive oil, sea salt, garlic powder, and rosemary on the George Foreman griller. Piled them on wraps with hummus and provolone cheese.

The night before I made spaghetti with olive oil, lots of fresh garlic, splash off wine and lemon juice, fresh basil. For the non-vegetarians, I steamed some frozen mussels with wine and garlic to spoon on top of the pasta.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I've been very into microwave mug omelettes. I dice a bunch of different ingredients and put in the freezer, then just pull out whatever I'm in the mood for, add a bit of butter and microwave for 30 seconds, stir, another 30 seconds, stir, add 1 or 2 eggs, 30 seconds, stir, 30 seconds, stir and enjoy!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
That puff pastry recipe looks so good but not keto friendly for me. But it does remind me, there are some keto friendly wrap/crepe recipes out there so I should find one to try. If its easy and fast enough, I'd be interested in making some savory crepes.

Spaghetti....yes, I need to make up a new batch of sauce to freeze. I swear, my brain goes to mush sometimes. How could I have forgotten how much I love spaghetti sauce with meatballs? Hubs like it with pasta and I have it with spicy fried cauliflower.

Mug omelette....I'm going to try one at lunch time today.

felis

Hmm, yeah, I'm not much familiar with the keto, I know that you shouldn't eat carbohydrates, but I'm not sure what others. It have few different packaging pastry, maybe tortillas, burritos, or something in this direction. We put fresh vegetables on it, but you can add what is keto. It's a really fast.
Wait maybe keto can't eat any kind of flours?!

janedee

When I'm in a hurry I stir fry some veggies, shrimp and quinoa. It only take 15 minutes to make. I've also been roasting a lot of veggies on the barbecue this summer, sometimes just brushed with oil and straight on the grill or tossed with oil, seasoning salt and wrapped in a foil packet.