Oscraps

Download Speed?

plaw22

What is going on with the downloads? Is anyone else having the same problems that I am having with the speed of the downloads?
8.73kb/sec is just ridiculous! Did you change servers last Friday and if so why?
I am truly frustrated right now. I even went to another scrapbook site and purchased an item to see if it was on my end. It isn't. My download there was over 1mb/sec.
I would appreciate knowing if this is a temporary problem or if it will be on going.
As I said before, I am REALLY frustrated right now.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Hi,
No, we didn't switch servers. We moved to a new facility. We had no choice as our locations hosts moved into a brand new facility.

I think the problem right now is that we had serious issues with our mail servers. So, now that we have the mail fixed, the queue was over 15,000 emails sitting and waiting to go out. Now, that its working again, the mail is bogging down the system. I trying to stagger the forcing of the mail queue to try to mitigate this, but apparently its not working as well as I hoped.

Hopefully it will speed back up by tomorrow. We're watching it and if it doesn't, then we'll be dealing with the host to figure it out.

I am sorry for the inconvenience. :(

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Hi Vicki! sorry to add to your woes!!! you must be quite frazzled at the moment!!! {{hugs}} just tried buying some stuff in the shop and when I go to check out I am being told that I don't have anything in my cart. maybe that's a good thing? :) anyways, I am in no hurry, just thought you might like to know!

NicosMommy

Hey Ona...same thing happening to me - the empty cart thing......I'm assuming its just cuz of all the queue issues....Im just going to try back tomorrow (even tho Im DROOLING over the new wedding wordart from Paislee Press! lol)

Hey Vicki....we know Its not your fault and we LUVVVV the O regardless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
hiya Kelly............ I'm droolin' over the Elements bits n pieces pack from Natasha Nast.............not that I NEED them....LOL!! I just WANT them!!!! will just have to wait and do it later!!!! :) :)

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
waaaaaah! I'm sorry ladies! For real. I am.

I promise we're trying to work it out!!!!

edited to add:
And thank you for not being angry at me! lol!

snappy2003

Ah-ha! I'm soooo glad to know it's not my puter, or me, LOL! No worries, Vicki, we love you and the O :).

Quirkyk

Heck it put a smile on my face...the back up of emails!! :) I'd forgotten I'd gotten anything! So the email for downloading was a sweet little surprise :)

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
aaaw, thanks y'all! I really do appreciate you!

The mail issue is fixed. We're still experiencing some slow downs that we're working on with the host facility, but how's it going for y'all now? Any better?

NicosMommy

Vicki my download actually ended up working last nite after a few tries.....and today everything back to normal for me!! Thanks for checking in about the situation......you rock!!!! :D

LOVE THE O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Vicki my download actually ended up working last nite after a few tries.....and today everything back to normal for me!! Thanks for checking in about the situation......you rock!!!! :D

LOVE THE O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH GOOD! phew! lol

and, we love you too hon!

TessieB

Is anyone else experiencing slow downloads or is it me? the computer gods have been against me all day, so it could be entirely me.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
No, its not just you. :( We're still working on the issue but we're probably going to have to end up moving the servers :(

petey111

Awww man....Vicki that stinks. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that junk again. What a pain in the bootie. =(

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
yep, slow issues for me today as well! plus we had a network issue at work so it hasn't been a very good day!!! vicki, hope things get better soon for your sake! {{hugs}} lots of good vibes heading over!!!! :)

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I've posted an announcement, but just in case y'all haven't seen it yet....

Due to our current host's inability to provide adequate service after their recent facility change, we have come to the conclusion that we have no choice but to move our servers to a different host facility.

We do not have a firm day/time at the moment, but it will be within the next week. We will keep you posted as we know more.

Please be patient with us as we try our best to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

val

we will manage vicki don't worry.
I just wanted to send you love and courage, as I know how hard it is when you run into trouble with the Hosting stuff.
Keep in mind, that you will go through it, and try to not turnnuts, we need you! ;-(

take care and good luck

val

dlhoffer

There's no place like hOme!
Oh gosh, I'm glad you posted this here, Vicki! I tried to view the announcement & it popped up a message that I don't have permission to view the page - so I was wondering what it said LOL

Good luck with the move - hope it goes smoothly!!

hondachicc

I am downloading .... and it's taking hours.... have been playing on my facebook farm while i wait...LOL.....good excuse as to why I am not washing...or something else I hate doing!!;)