Oscraps

Do you listen to anything while you scrap?

LSlycord

I know that some of you a great deal of your time scrapping. Do you listen to anything while you scrap? Audible books, music, TV?

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Music sometimes. Depends if Urban is home or not, he's got the stereo & speakers connected to his computer. Sometimes I turn it on, but it's mainly when he's home. Occasionally, I have the radio on in the kitchen (which I can hear from here).

I would not be able to listen to an audiobook or something like that. I would not be able to concentrate on either book or the scrapping.

LSlycord

I tried listening to an Audio book yesterday but I was like you @tanteva and I couldn't concentrate. I had to go back and listen to parts a couple of different times and it just frustrated me. This morning I have Billy Joel playing in the background and that seems to be sparking my creativity!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
My TV is always on in the background. I listen to music sometimes and I've actually been listening to an audio series lately, called "The Artists' Way". I haven't had a great deal of luck listening to audio books in the past, but this one isn't something that takes total concentration. For me, it's the book - some I can and some I can't.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Music and sometimes an Audio book, right now its the Outlander Book. However I do find it a bit distracting at times, so I have to switch to music. Spotify has some great playlists that I listen to.

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
When I scrap in the evening ... TV is on the background because hubby is watching ... during the day ... sometimes music on Spotify ...

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
It depends. When I'm the only one in the house, or when Justin is sleeping I love the silence. We live in a rural area and I love the soft sounds outside, except for the woodpeckers and mocking birds! Otherwise the TV is on. I'm now set up with a TV as a monitor and can do PIP so I can stream while I work. Unless it's a craft course I just listen. It keeps me apprised of the time - I can get seriously lost when I'm scrapping.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
It depends on how well my brain is working. If it is already in a fuzzy state, I need it quiet or I will get distracted. Sometimes music, sometimes a podcast.

Kythe

CHEERY O
Silence... I am totally immersed when scrapping and find music, talking etc distracting and not a little bit annoying.lol

RJMJ

CHEERY O
It depends on my mood & how I feel...if I'm in a lot of pain that day...music & TV are a distraction because I have to concentrate more to ignore the pain...Especially TV...it drives me mad!...I'm always telling Ray to turn down "that noise box" I can't think...But on other days I love music on in my headphones...it relaxes me & helps me clear my head either during or before...but there are other times when I need complete silence to concentrate...it's not just one or the other...it's a mixed bag!...

Last edited:

EHStudios

I lOve Me Some O!
I’ve normally always had the tv on just in the background. Now to get any scraping time during the day I put a cartoon on for Emily, lol

Lynn Grieveson

Designer
Designer
I've been trying a new thing, which is listening to what I call 'yoga music' while I design and scrap. That sort of meandering chill out music that is calming without being too distracting ... in theory!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Not generally. It doesn't take much to throw my concentration off! However, if I play something I'm not totally familiar with, I can. But, who listens to stuff they don't know?! ;)