Oscraps

Do you like when your birthday is?

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
... because I don't. I was born in July and as a kid I HATED it because the school was out and I never - not once - had one of those fun birthday parties with games and cakes and lots of presents. As an adult I find my sim-summer birthday rather incovenient because that's when we usually travel and/or relocate - the school is out and that THE time to move to a different country. Over the past 20 years of my married life, I've spend my actual birthday on a plane, on a ferry, packing, driving, in an empty house, at a hotel with four suitcases containing everything I'll be using for the next 3 months - mostly kids' school stuff and toys and hubby's work clothes) - you name it. Sure, we'd celebrate at a later (or earlier) date and I am not complaining my birthday is ignored... I'm just saying that I'd rather it were not in the middle of summer...

melscrap

CHEERY O
I don't either. Growing up it didn't bother me, even though my mum and bother also have birthdays in the same month. Now it's different. Hubby and I share a birthday, so all celebrations are shared, we get shared gifts from friends, it's not just my special day. So along the way, the magic has gone out of my birth date.

scrap-genie

I like mine a lot. As a kid I wasn't so sure since it could be nice weather or dismal as it's in the middle of May, but as a birder it's perfect at about peak of the spring migration. As a result my birthday "present" is often to go birding somewhere I enjoy.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I never really thought about it, so I guess I do. My youngest granddaughter was born on Thanksgiving Day, It seems like her birthday always gets slighted. It doesn't always fall exactly on the day, but it did again this year.

I LOVE when my birthday is—Christmas Day! My mom made sure I always had a party separate from our Christmas celebration, a tradition which has continued for almost 70 years, even after she died. I've never been overlooked or underappreciated, although in the hustle and bustle of the season, my hubby sometimes has to rush out at the last minute. ;-)

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I'm OK with when my birthday is....first part of October. I LOVE the fall weather! I don't remember ever being shunned or shorted on my birthday, even though the month before is when I probably got most of my clothing gifts.....for the new school year. I don't recall it ever bothering me, however!

svanderhaegen

CHEERY O
As a child, birthdays often felt magical and filled with excitement. It was a day solely dedicated to celebrating me, and I looked forward to it eagerly. However, as I grew older, the dynamics surrounding birthdays changed.
February 12 being so close to Valentine's Day presents certain obstacles. Restaurants tend to be fully booked, and the price of flowers often skyrockets. It feels disheartening when it seems like everyone around me has already made plans for Valentine's Day, making it difficult to gather my family for a birthday celebration.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I do! The only time I ever had to be in school on my birthday (June 26) was the day I graduated high school. if I could have blown off the ceremony I would have been thrilled but my parents wouldn't let me.
June 26 was also one of the first days my town's beach was open during the week and my friend and our kids would go with my mom and celebrate at the lake. That was one of the few days that the kids got ice cream from the snack back -- only when Grandma Alice was around :D

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I've never given it much thought, to be honest! My birthday is in August, and growing up, I thought it was fun that a cousin and my nephew had birthdays the same week.

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
Despite being born in April and during my school years I was always on Easter vacation, it never bothered me. Now I even find it pleasant because, as a teacher, I still never work on my birthday, LoL.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
I love when my birthday comes around! April is a lovely time of year when all the flowers and trees are in bloom. Birthdays are not as exciting now as when I was younger, but no one else on my side of the family was born in April, so I always felt special on my birthday.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
My birthday is December 17th. As a child I thought I had to wait longer for my birthday because it came at the end of the year! :D My mom tried to tell me that everyone had to wait the same amount of time until their next birthday.:D I just didn't like that mine was in December and eight days before Christmas. As an adult, I love that my birthday comes so close to Christmas. My husband used to have a "surprise" party every year for me! My oldest daughter finally told him that it wasn't a surprise if it happens every year! Now we just plan to get together with family.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I had never thought of it either, but I guess I am happy with it (June 13), even though it is in winter! :brrr: Well winter for me Downunder, so I always got winter type pressies like jumpers etc and while I didn't have any childhood birthday parties, my birthday was celebrated quietly at home with just the family. My hubby's birthday falls on June 10 so for the last 38 years we have celebrated our birthdays together by doing something together, not exchanging gifts, but either going out to dinner or going away on a trip and I have really loved that. Even though it is a LOT colder down here in Tassie than on the mainland, we still braved the rain and the cold to go out to dinner for our birthdays just gone a week and bit ago. :romanticdinner::giggle4:

LSlycord

My birthday is in October and I have always liked fall so it was fun. There have been some bonfires...which are the best...or just going to look at the leaves changing colors. Not so much in Florida however. Still, I am ok with it!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I do! I like mine being in May :D
Are you a Taurus or a Gemini?
DH is a Taurus and lives up to every stereotypical notion of being stubborn. When I was pg with DS, his due date was May 20 and I swore up and down that I was *not* going to have another Taurus in the house. Wouldn't you know, he was born on the 21st and I got Taurus/Gemini cusp baby. :thud:

bkasko

CHEERY O
Mine is in January and I hated it because it was only a couple weeks after Christmas and it was always cold so you couldn't do any fun outside activities.