Oscraps

Do you do things that are normal to you - maybe weird to others?

suezeeq12

Cupcake Ninja
Hey ladies!

I asked this question on a board and it just totally took off and it's been a lot of fun getting to know those girls better. I'd love for us to learn some more fun things about each other. So here is my question to all of you:

So I've been wondering if I'm the only one who does things that other people might think are weird? (I actually thought mine were somewhat clever until someone pointed out (thanks Mom) that I was just "weird")

For example, when I get a bag of chips I always open them from the bottom. Why you ask? Because the entire time they are sitting on the shelf and in the shipping boxes they are sitting right side up so when you get them all the seasoning is saturating the bottom ones and the ones on the top don't taste as good. So according to me, I'm giving the top ones a chance to get some lovin' too.

Another example of maybe weird thing I do: As I start eating the chips and the volume in the bag goes down, I cut down the bag (across the top of it) to make it shorter so when I stick my hand in it my knuckles don't get all yucky with cheese from cheese doodles or BBQ seasoned from my hand touching the inside of the bag.

I do some other possibly weird things too but I'm not going to post anymore until someone else posts and I don't feel like I'm the only one!

Do you do anything out of the "ordinary" way? I want to hear so I can post the rest of my weird stuff!!

scrap-genie

Oh my, I probably do all kinds of weird things! The one that comes to mind first is that I tend to read things from the back. Not books, but magazines or the funny papers. Drives some people nuts.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
I never thought of that with the chips. I don't usually eat chips...I prefer sugar when eating junk food.

So, one of my weird things, keeping with the food thing, is I always eat my grilled cheese sandwiches with a fork and drink chocolate milk. ALWAYS!!! I do have a reason...I eat all the crust first cut off into really thin pieces. Then I have lots of middle pieces left and don't have to finish with crust. The chocolate milk is just random...I will eat the grilled cheese without it, but not always. Sometimes I will eat something else instead.

I also dip my French fries into my frosty at Wendy's. I did it at work while I was pregnant and they decided it was a preggo thing but I've done it as long as I remember. I told them not to knock it until they tried it and got a couple of girls hooked.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
What do I *not* do that is considered weird??
I have quite a few quirks, but I think DS Scott has more than me, and Gary is probably the worst of all of us. ;)

I can't think of anything off the top of my head ATM, but I am sure there plenty of them to share.

petey111

I spent far too long rereading the Idiosyncrasies thread. :) Chris, you had a few in there!

suezeeq12

Cupcake Ninja
Oh Clara I have to try that with the Frosty!

OK, I'll tell you something else - I freak out at the sound of 2 pieces of styrofoam mushing together - I even hate to type it because of the sound I'm thinking in my head that it makes!

I clean my shower with a Mr Clean sponge while I am in there waiting for the conditioner to work.

Balloons scare the heck out of me because I know they are going to pop. When my kids go to the dentist I make sure I tell the hygienist as she takes them in to please not send them out with balloons.

I totally flip out if my kids go into the bathroom with food (where are they going to put it while they are doing their "stuff"???). I go running after them taking the food away and putting it on the table. Ewwwww!

Peppermint

Hmm, I could probably come up with a lot of these if I really sat and thought about it.

I wash my hair three times before conditioning it so that my shampoo and conditioner run out at the same time. (I could just buy three bottles of conditioner to every 1 bottle of shampoo but that makes less sense to me.)

And I always remove bread from the middle of the loaf, not because I feel like the end pieces are less fresh - but because I feel the middle pieces are more similar in size and they line up more perfectly when stacked for a sandwich. Towards each end of the loaf each piece seems to get slightly smaller/shorter than the one behind it. That pisses me off.

I have a lot of strange food habits, actually, but I'm drawing a blank right now.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
P, do you buy really big bottles of conditioner or just use that much more when you condition? I find that if I don't do 1-1, I always run out of shampoo before conditioner. Just curious.

So, trying to think of one of my 'quirks' - I will happily put gravy on anything and everything! turkey gravy on the cranberry sauce - YUM! ok, so maybe i wouldn't put gravy on ice cream but there's not much else that wouldn't be considered fair game lol

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Oh...sticky things give me anxiety, which is weird because I am so not a cleaner. So, I love the movie Elf but there is this scene where he is eating that crazy spaghetti and he is trying to add poptarts and mixes it up with his hands and it freaks me out every time. I try not to make my kids pancakes too often because the syrup mess makes me crazy. Maybe I'm afraid if the sticky mess gets on my other messes it will be there forever.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Peppermint - I never thought of that with the shampoo and conditioner. I always run out of conditioner too soon also. I might try that. Then my hair would be super clean. :)

Okay - so this is weird. I hate to shower. I don't hate being clean and will shower anyway but I hate the whole mess of having wet hair. So instead I just sit in the bathtub in front of the faucet and wash up like that. Thankfully my hair doesn't get greasy for a couple few days.

yvonnahenna

I love threads like this!!

I turn all the toiletpaper when it is rolling off at the wrong side. I need it to roll off at the front side, and not at the back/wall side..

I can't drive when the cleaning water from my whipers is empty! Just the thought of wanting to clean the window and there is no water!!

When I eat for example french fries, I chew 1 on the left side, the next one on the right, and it better be about the same lenght, else I will bite a piece off another one, just to get the lenght about the same size lol

suezeeq12

Cupcake Ninja
I love threads like this!!

I turn all the toiletpaper when it is rolling off at the wrong side. I need it to roll off at the front side, and not at the back/wall side..

I love them too!!!

OK question about the TP thing - does it make you crazy enough to change it to the other side when you are places other than your own house?

Top secret info about me = I do that sometimes! haha - don't tell anyone :)

(that is the only thing Ill do at someone else's house - like I would never go over there and re-arrange cabinets or something or even look in the medicine cabinet - I dont care about that stuff like I care about the TP facing the "wrong" way!) haha

yvonnahenna

OK question about the TP thing - does it make you crazy enough to change it to the other side when you are places other than your own house?

Oh yes for sure!! I really can't stand it if it is facing the wrong way. I don't know why!
And if I visit people many times, and I have to change it quiet a few times, I really start to think why they are so stubborn to put it the wrong way! LOL

Doesn't matter where I am, if I can, I'll change it:help:

Peppermint

P, do you buy really big bottles of conditioner or just use that much more when you condition? I find that if I don't do 1-1, I always run out of shampoo before conditioner. Just curious.

No, they're the same size bottle. LOL

It's just that my hair is so long, it's almost halfway down my back right now, and it's really thick ... so it takes a lot of conditioner to keep that mess from tangling.

When it's shorter I can usually just wash it twice and have both bottles run out at the same time. Basically I just keep an eye on the levels and try to keep them even. If I notice the conditioner is dwindling faster than the shampoo I start washing my hair an extra time.

One time Tom was like "Why don't you just squirt it down the drain? It's wasteful either way."

True dat.

But it does take a lot of shampoo to wash this mane, too. And I need all this hair so people are all hypnotized by my gorgeous locks then they don't notice how large my ass is getting.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
What a great thread!! We all have quirky things about us, I can't stand it if the light switches are not all the same, one up one down on a switch plate that has more than one switch, they all have to be either up or down. I will even go the bottom of the stairs to turn the light on so that the switches are all even at the top of the stairs (I know .... I am really weird!!) LOL

Ellen

Oh yes for sure!! I really can't stand it if it is facing the wrong way. I don't know why!
And if I visit people many times, and I have to change it quiet a few times, I really start to think why they are so stubborn to put it the wrong way! LOL

Doesn't matter where I am, if I can, I'll change it:help:

just as well we don't frequent the same place then cause I want it rolling from the wallside and keep on changing it
wasntme.gif

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
And I need all this hair so people are all hypnotized by my gorgeous locks then they don't notice how large my ass is getting.

omg you slay me. seriously adore you lady!

and, um, Ellen..... you are NUTS! the TP must come over the TOP, never toward the wall. (I'll change it at friends/family houses, too - but not strangers/acquaintances though lololololol)

mrstoa

mrstoa
Absolutely, right, Vicki and others who KNOW the TP always comes over the top and AWAY from the back - I'm surprised others don't know this :grin:

and being a senior I play on my old age :eyebrows: say what I think and do what I want - tho I haven't run over anyone with my walker yet :heh:

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!

and, um, Ellen..... you are NUTS! the TP must come over the TOP, never toward the wall. (I'll change it at friends/family houses, too - but not strangers/acquaintances though lololololol)

So...do you randomly go and hang out at strangers' houses? Just curious. I can strangely picture you going into strangers houses and contemplating changing their to.

Ellen

I'm nuts??? no you're all nuts there's only one right way and this is it

Toilet_paper_orientation_under.jpg

hondachicc

Sounds like the most of you have a tp issue..............

MINE................THE FREAKING MICROWAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT MUST BE CLEAN!! ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will not eat from anyone else's if I don't know it's been cleaned!!!!!!! THAT FOOD IS GOING INTO MY MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CLEAN MINE EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
So...do you randomly go and hang out at strangers' houses? Just curious. I can strangely picture you going into strangers houses and contemplating changing their to.

Yes, I do. Yes. I. do. :peace:

And, Ellen, your picture reminds me of a friend of ours, who I made a big issue of his TP dispenser. The opening was toward the toilet so when you pulled, the roll came off in your lap lol. I took him in there and explained that he'd made a bachelor mistake and needed to fix it. I also explained that the paper also needed to come over the top! lol, it's an issue for me

Last edited:

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Sounds like the most of you have a tp issue..............

MINE................THE FREAKING MICROWAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT MUST BE CLEAN!! ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will not eat from anyone else's if I don't know it's been cleaned!!!!!!! THAT FOOD IS GOING INTO MY MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CLEAN MINE EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

eeeeeeeeeeep! rushing off to do this....
http://cleaning.lifetips.com/tip/96.../microwave-oven-cleaning-and-deodorizing.html