Oscraps

Did you watch the Eclipse today?

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I was watching our 21 month old granddaughter and did not have glasses so I did not get to see the eclipse today. It had started off cloudy here in Tennessee but it did clear up at the last minute. My neighbor got some photos. Did any of you get some amazing photos?

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
I did not. Didn’t see any difference from my window as I work. But I am in FL so I don’t know that I would have seen much without the glasses. Some of my colleagues did and they said it got dark for like 5 minutes.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I did not. Didn’t see any difference from my window as I work. But I am in FL so I don’t know that I would have seen much without the glasses. Some of my colleagues did and they said it got dark for like 5 minutes.
Yes, I know that certain states were going to be in the path to see the best view. Kentucky was one of those states but we live in Tennessee. :) I did notice it got a bit darker for a little bit. I didn't have glasses so I couldn't look to see what was going on. My neighbor posted photos in our Facebook group but that's as far as I got to seeing the Eclipse!

scrap-genie

We had about 4 minutes of total eclipse and it got really dark. You could look at it during totality and so I got photos with my regular camera then and also of how dark it was. Really amazing.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Didn't watch it here in New Mexico. It was cloudy so wouldn't have seen it anyway. Although the light got dim outside for a bit then it slowly got a bit brighter. Since we saw a total eclipse here in April 2023, I let it slide by this year.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
We had 99% totality where I'm at in Michigan so it got eerily darker for a few minutes, but I was working and hadn't gotten any glasses, so I didn't go outside. I'm told the difference between 99% and 100% totality is quite dramatic.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Didn't watch it here in New Mexico. It was cloudy so wouldn't have seen it anyway. Although the light got dim outside for a bit then it slowly got a bit brighter. Since we saw a total eclipse here in April 2023, I let it slide by this year.
I know what you mean! A friend posted photos from the last eclipse. I think it was in 2017. It was a total eclipse in her area that year but today was only a partial eclipse. What made the 2017 eclipse wonderful for her is that she still had her mama. She passed last year.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
We had 99% totality where I'm at in Michigan so it got eerily darker for a few minutes, but I was working and hadn't gotten any glasses, so I didn't go outside. I'm told the difference between 99% and 100% totality is quite dramatic.
What part of Michigan are you in? My cousin lives in Michigan and we went to see her about four years ago. She lives near Detroit. We also went to Mackinac Island. It was so beautiful! I would love to visit the UP!:heartpumpred: I have never been. I also want to visit Frankenmuth since I am half German and lived in Germany as a child. I have seen such beautiful photos of Michigan in areas we have not been able to visit yet.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
It wasn't gonna be great here in South Florida under ideal circumstances but I was hoping to at least see crescent shapes in shadows on the ground. Alas, there was a big cloud in the sky so it was a big nada for me. My sister on the other hand lives in the path of totality and did not get the cloudy day they had feared. She had a great view.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
nada for me as well, I was totally.......... :giggle4:
giphy.gif

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
We were right on the ragged edge of the eclipse - it covered two states below us then headed NE. It DID get very dark in the house, however. I didn't go outside, either, because I didn't have any of the special glasses.

FloridaGranny

It was only partial here in SW Florida so I watched it on TV on NASA. It was still amazing, even on TV. Our bright weather turned darker for a few minutes, too. Our grandson goes to school in Cleveland and he saw it all and even got pictures, lucky guy!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
My neighbor had glasses so I got a few glimpses of it. My area was 90% so it got dark-ish. The most noticeable things were how fast the temps dropped and how quiet it became. The birds were practically silent

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
What part of Michigan are you in? My cousin lives in Michigan and we went to see her about four years ago. She lives near Detroit. We also went to Mackinac Island. It was so beautiful! I would love to visit the UP!:heartpumpred: I have never been. I also want to visit Frankenmuth since I am half German and lived in Germany as a child. I have seen such beautiful photos of Michigan in areas we have not been able to visit yet.
I also live near Detroit (I was born there). I've been to Frankenmuth more times than I can count, but I've only been to Mackinac Island a few times, and into the UP once. I'm not much of a traveler, lol, but there is a lot of natural beauty here!

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I also live near Detroit (I was born there). I've been to Frankenmuth more times than I can count, but I've only been to Mackinac Island a few times, and into the UP once. I'm not much of a traveler, lol, but there is a lot of natural beauty here!
I can't wait to go back and see more of your beautiful state!

• Love
Reactions: AZK