Oscraps

DDaily Ooo's: January 23/24- Weekend Edition!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy Saturday my lovely O-Fam!
I have to make this one quick b/c if I don't get back laying down, Gary is gonna get mad at me :)

I am feeling better each day. And I have been trying my best to be good and not re-aggravate this nerve.

Linda W- hope you get to the doc soon about your neck.

Elisa- hope that the company doesn't make you pay to ship their mistake back. But very cool to get to see another finished album.

Sally- you sound like you are having the best time- but how could you not?:)
Good for taking your Garlic and B-12s!

AndreaNyx- that sounds like such a pain for the parking... hope they resove the issue soon.

Clara- Bummer to hear about the duck hunting again. Boo hiss :(
Hope the rest of your weekend rocks!

*waves hi to Laurie and everyone else*

xoxox

LaurieW

lOve the O!
Morning all - quick drive by on my way to make breakfast for dh & I one of my simple pleasures for the weekend!

LaughingSun

morning all :) no nausea bracelets overnight and none now. feeling not bad. Got a call from the doc tho, my iron is a bit low, they want me to take supplements or eat more iron rich foods :) last time I took supplements they made me nauseous (what doesn't these days lol)... so we'll see. might just be eating more red meat & broccoli... what else is iron rich?

Chris: glad to hear you are feeling better. keep the relaxing up & you'll be up & around in no time :)

LindaW: how is yer neck today? did you get to the doc yet?

Clara: ick, that would drive me MAD! my DH is away a lot but it's work... I deal. but if it was for something else I think I'd be pretty mad. Did you talk to him?

*waves* to everybody else. have a great weekend!!!

LSlycord

Good morning ladies! Can I just say that I'm ready for January to end? What a first three weeks it's been.

January is always tough...performance reviews to write and give at work...plus goals to write for 2010. Then, you add the snow and ice...which have been extraordinary in a not so good way! Lots of days where school has been cancelled and driving is stressful!

I had a big lump pop up on my clavicle which required x-rays and a couple of doctor's visits to decide that it's just a calcium deposit. Yesterday I fell down three steps outside on the ice...thumping my tailbone on each step and then cracking my head on the last one. Nothing broken but feeling pretty sore!

So, I'm really ready to put January in the books! And get back to the O!

LaughingSun

oh my goodness Linda, I really hope the rest of the year is much much better for you. and hope you heal quickly from your fall, so glad you didn't break anything!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Good morning everyone... I was wondering if the "O" is going to do a charity kit for Haiti? Does anyone know?

taxed4ever

CHEERY O
Thanks... I just thought it would be a great way to show our support for all those poor people:(

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Good morning ladies. I hate being awake. I know it is not early but Saturday are my day to sleep in and I didn't get to because of the stupid ducks. At least Derek took Ethan this time. We did have a talk about it last night. I wrote down all of Derek's hobbies and gave him the list and showed hiim how few of them he can actually include the kids in. Then I told him I had had enough and that I was standing up for the kids and once those kids were born his selfish hobbies needed to end. It needed to be 90% kids and 10% him instead of the other way around and if that meant we fought everytime he had some big plan to go do something then so be it. I am just tired of him thinking he's entitled to have so many things that are all about him. Last year he went and bought a split board, a type of snowboard for back country skiing. Granted it was a good deal but he doesn't need a snowboard, for one. he already has one. And for two it is one more thing that Ethan can't do with him. It made me angry as hell when he bought it. He thinks I was mad about the money. It was his money. I think he could have spent the money on what he was saving for...a surround sound, yes, but it was his money. He's used it once. So, hopefully he got it and things will change. We'll see. I hope so. Time will tell. Wish me luck.

Chris - you stay in bed. I saw that Cait said she would take care of you. How sweet is she?? I know it is boring but get your fill of TV and get your fam to clean the house for you and bring you meals in bed. Maybe you will feel rested for once in a long time.

Laurie - I love making breakfast for my family too. DH also likes making breakfast. We have a different idea of what to make for breakfast though. he makes egg stuff (yuck!!) and I'm a pancake a waffle girl. So I made me and Addie waffles this morning. Mine without anything on them of course because applesauce didn't sound very yummy.

AndreaNyx - I need extra iron also, so I found some chewable children's vitamins at Target that have iron in them. I don't like iron supplements at all. Also here is a food list of iron rich foods HERE

LindaS - What are you thinking falling on the ice?? That is not allowed. I am so glad that nothing is broken. Lots of advil for that poor beat up body of yours. I know a lot of people who have gotten weird lumps on their clavicles. All different types. What is it about that part of our body that wants to get lumpy? I think it is actually just because it is so close to the surface there people tend to notice them more than other things. I'm glad yours was a benign thing. Are they going to get rid of it? Does it bother you? I hope life calms down soon.

Trudy - I was wondering the same thing. Scrap Orchard put together a gorgeous kit. I think if they don't offer one here we should promote that one. It was made by 48 designers and is amazing. It has over 100 papers in it.

WEll, I will come back later this weekend I am sure. Love you guys!! I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.

taxed4ever

CHEERY O
Thanks for the info on the charity kit Clara! I will check it out, but would love to see one here at the "O" also, I think the designers here would do a great charity kit!!:D

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
I agree. I just sent an e-mail to Vicki about it asking her if there were any plans. I agree the designers here would create something gorgeous.

LaughingSun

Clara: yeah, I suspect I won't do well with actual iron pills... I guess there is a lot of prune juice in my future lol. cept I think she wants me to have an extra 300mg/day. hum ROFL. that's A LOT of prune juice hehe. don't like a lot of the stuff on that list... did have some red meat today tho. oh, I can do dates too lol, I have a great date/nut bar that's tasty!

Clara & Trudy: I really really love the idea... hope they do it!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
AndreaNyx - Prune juice? Is that for iron or to counteract the iron pills? If it is to get the iron in...be prepared to spend A LOT of time in the bathroom.

LaughingSun

lol. prune juice doesn't really do that to me... but yea for iron content. although I probably need it to counteract the iron pills if I can actually take them...

hondachicc

I will pop in briefly....I have been so stinkin sick this weekend!!! Temp, horrible headache, body aches...even my eyelids!! I can't eat because it hurts too much....I took some pain relief a little bit ago that's the only reason I can type now....

I will check back with you guys tomorrow..hope you all had a great weekend!!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Oh Nana Linda!! That sucks big time. Keep taking that tylenol to keep your fever down and drink lots of fluids. Sending lots of hugs!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Linda W- oh please make sure that you take good care of yourself! Feel better- get some garlic in ya too!

AndreaNyx- do you have cast iron pots? When Scott was born he was severely anemic and almost needed a transfusion. He was out in iron drops- which triggered his colic. Go figure, poor baby!
Anyway, since he was only a few weeks old a lot of food supps were out and I was b-feeding. The nurses told me to make him 1 bottle a day of formula or to make his cereal with water boiled in a cast iron pot. When he was older, I cooked almost all of his food in them too.

Feel better!