Oscraps

DAY 3 JUNE 15 - Show me your HAPPY! | CHALLENGE

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
1717990448190.png

Welcome to the "Show me your HAPPY!" challenge! :dancingbfly:

Your goal for this challenge is to create a layout featuring a photo/photos of one of the happiest birthdays you have ever had :bdaysmile:

If you do not have an actual photo of yourself on that birthday, you are welcome to create a layout that features elements/images/journaling that represent that birthday and why it was such a happy one for you :beatingheart:

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

PRIZES:
- Winner 1 - $10 Joyful Heart Designs
- Winner 2 - $5 Foxeysquirrel
- Winner 3 - $5 Laitha Art Studio
*All challenge and game prize coupons will be distributed within 10 days of the event closing at the end of the month.

RULES:
- Tell a birthday story with multiple photos if possible.
- Please use 100% Oscraps products. (Please note this is different from our regular monthly challenges.)
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Create a post in the 2024 BIRTHDAY TRACKING THREAD to keep track of your completed layouts games participation.
(We select our Grand Prize winners from this thread, so create a post now and remember to keep updating it throughout the month! :))
- Your page must be posted in the Special O-vents Gallery> 18th Birthday Party (2024) by PST 11.59 pm Sunday 30 June 2023 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to do this.)

--------------------
Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Last edited by a moderator:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
My nephew Patrick was born on my husband's birthday and always felt a strong bond with Bill. My granddaughter Katie's was at the end of June so the family usually celebrated Katie's and Bill's birthday together. In 2017, Patrick was here so we had a triple birthday party for the 3 of them. In January 2018, Bill and Patrick died within 10 days of each other. This photo brings back the wonderful memories of them celebrating their joint birthday with the family.

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
Thankyou for this challenge. I was pleased to find the scanned photo I have used on one of the EHDs saved when our home was flooded in 2022 as the real photo along with many many others were destroyed.
What a wonderful memory...so happy for you that you still have at least the digital copy :hug2::heartpumppink: And :giggle4: at your Mom chopping off heads :rotfl:

Reactions: A-M

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
My nephew Patrick was born on my husband's birthday and always felt a strong bond with Bill. My granddaughter Katie's was at the end of June so the family usually celebrated Katie's and Bill's birthday together. In 2017, Patrick was here so we had a triple birthday party for the 3 of them. In January 2018, Bill and Patrick died within 10 days of each other. This photo brings back the wonderful memories of them celebrating their joint birthday with the family.

Oh Kay, that is so sad that you lost both of them in such a short amount of time :sad2::hug1: That is so special that you have this photograph :heartpumpred:

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
thank you so much for the Challenge♥
I remember my first real birthday party for my 6th birthday with friends and especially the game "hit the pot" - I loved that more than anything back then
The photos are old and analogue and blurry, but they still show enthusiasm and joy
What SWEET photos, Veronika!!! You look so HAPPY :heartpumplove::heartpumplove::heartpumplove: Super sweet page :beatingheart:

isDK

Thanks Jen for the challenge: a lot of therapy here. The only other memorable birthday I have was the blizzard a couple of years ago, and not one photo from any, ever. I'm very mixed about birthdays. :p

JoanK

I have several friends with birthdays on or near mine. I made my layout about the annual birthday luncheon that I enjoy with two of those friends. We always include the husband of one of the friends, since he was also the "work husband" to me and the other friend. We have a lot of laughs as we celebrate!

O Birthday Fairy

Because I'm happy
CHEERY O
Thanks for the challenge. When I saw the photo a few weeks ago, it brought back such happy memories. Unfortunately she lives far and isn't very good with technology, so she couldn't send me a copy (I should have taken it when I had the chance).
lm44west - Mary...you've been sprinkled with fairy dust. Please check your pm's for a message from the birthday fairy!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Well, not a fan of birthdays (always the Grinch!), and I wasn't sure what to scrap about. But, you wanted journaling - here you go:
I always translate in the gallery, but since this was a journaling challenge - I paste it here as well:

A Birthday Memory
The challenge to tell about a happy birthday, at first felt like undoable. It's always been a hard thing for me. As a kid, my birthdays was always focused on making mom happy. You should love your gifts, the cake should be the best ever, and if just mom was happy, I didn't need to be happy. It went so far, that I couldn't even get truly happy, even when I got the gifts I wanted, or when the cake was delicious. Since then, I've never really been able to appreciate birthdays. Birthdays has always been about pretending for me. That I needed to react and perform in the right way, so that no one would get mad or disappointed.

But then I came to think of my 23rd birthday. It was a good birthday. It was March 16, 1990, and it was a Friday. Time to party! I wanted to go out, but all my friends where working. I ended up going to Palace with Leif, a guy that was merely an acquaintance. At Palace I met another guy, who went to the same school as I did, and that also was just an acquaintance. But I more or less forced him to join us at our table. I wanted people around me, I wanted to have fun and party. At that time I was quite the party animal. One beer after another, and being young and stupid, I got really, really drunk before the bar closed.

When Palace closed for the night, I brought the guys with me home, to have cake and lemon gin. Horrific combination! But, since we weren't exactly sober, we ate it. Leif got so drunk, he fell asleep on one of my couches. But the other guy was awake, and wasn't he quite handsome, really? I was totally drunk, I hardly remember, but I know we kissed. It all ended with him falling asleep on my other couch, and me in my bed. When we woke up, Leif had gone home. I served some kind of breakfast made of what I happened to have in my kitchen, and then and there, he fell in love with me. It took a little bit longer for me, and he had to woo me for a while, before I gave in. But now, more than 30 years later, I can say it was my best birthday - I got my first kiss from Urban, my life's best and greatest love.

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
Awesome layouts, everyone!!! :cloud9: Sorry for my lateness in commenting on everything, I have been super busy yesterday and today to prepare for the Father's Day party we are throwing this evening! I will be back to give some love after the craziness has ended :giggle4::heartpumpred: