Oscraps

Daily O's Weekend Edition - April 25-26

t_a_l_i

WOW! I got to start the Weekend O's! :)

I hope everyone's Friday ended well. Mine sure did! Ella and I baked Eric a delicious from-scratch chocolate layer cake for our anniversary. My surprise was that he got one of his sisters (the one who recently got married) to watch the kids and had reservations at a restaurant on the river for the 2 of us. So, we had a fabulous meal with a fabulous view. Then we went to Target. ;) I got a new shower curtain - I've been wanting a white waffle-weave curtain for my upstairs bathroom. Also got sandals for the twinks, and I bought a purse with part of my bday money from my ma. It was a really fun night. :)

Today Eric is at a fire-training refresher course most of the day, which kinda sucks. They do a lot of controlled burns at his job, so he needs to brush up on stuff yearly, which I get, I just wish it didn't take away from our Saturday. :)

Tomorrow we have a very, very busy day. Church then roller skating (ELla's first time!!!!!) then the circus. Eeesh. What a busy day.

I'll be back with personals when I get the kids under control!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Tali- what a FAB anniversary date!!! Love it!!!

I just finished showering after our Beautification Day Cleanup- we met up with friends at 8:30 and cleaned upp several trash bacgs of garbage each.

We found some weird stuff too- some photos, airplane Jack Daniels bottles, a empty can of cheez whiz ( do they even make tkat any more?). Then I went into the woods beds behind my house, I know there there is a lot of glass back there. I found some really really old metal "things" I have no idea what they are! And pieces of an old shoe.... Who knows, maybe we'll win one of the categories (oldest, valuable, oddest etc)

so next stop is the town picnic... then my niece's b-day party tonight.
Tali I hear ya on the busy days!

Have an awesome weekend!

dabittymama

HEy O's! WE have sunshine, a warm breeze and I got to wear flipflops (very nice not to have to bend over ;)) it is my kind of day!!! I went to a Mom2Mom sale this morning and got most of Kalin's summer wardrobe for $30!!!! I still need to get a few t-shirts for "nice wear", she has plently with stains from playing and will get more stains once we put the garden in. Gunar is working until 2pm and I think we may go geocaching tonight, we haven't been in a while and its so warm today that it will be nice to be outside.

Tali~ What a fun date/anniversery night!!! Glad that you got to spoil yourself a little.

Chris~ Have fun at the picnic that sounds fun.

Have a great weekend!!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Sounds like a great day Joslyn- this was the weather that we had right before I had Scott (b-day is May 21) I love it!

And guess what! I am soooo excited! I won 1st place for bringing the "oldest" -- turns out one of the old metal things was a steering wheel. And then Scott won 2nd place for oldest- a metal motor from the woods.
And the prizes--- GC's for the local garden center! I got a $25 and Scott got a $15-- he owed me $15 for his phone bill- so we called it even! Woot! I can get plants!!!!
Scott also won third place for most unusual-- a baby shoe- he got a flag of the world for that.

My friends found a smilie ball that they think was theirs from 2 years ago that disappeared from their yard-- they got Honorable mention for Unusual -- *and* they brought it back home. Their prize was a free pizza :)

sandracvrt

hey all... it's a gorgeous day here... it looked like next week the temps were gonna get cool again, but now they're all back up to 70-ish!

my mom and sister stayed all night last night... then we got up this morning and trekked out to Walmart... we had to pick up a couple gifts from Will and Piper for Matthew and the cake and ice cream... I ended up with a shirt and 2 pairs of shorts, and 1 pair of capris/shorts.... I was tallying up my birthday money and money from Christmas that I had and I've hoarded $405 so I decided I should spend it! LOL

Matthew got some nice gifts... my mom and sister got him the Cars movie, the Wall-E movie, and some Star Wars Galactic Hero figures... then we got him 2 big sets of the Galactic Heroes, an outfit and some bubbles. The kids got him a bubble mower and 2 Hot Wheels cars, and then our neighbor brought him playdough, walkie talkies, a kite, and a bucket and shovel...

It was a fun day... my house is all clean, and mom helped me clean up most of the stuff from lunch... just got to go back and clean off the island... amazingly the kids haven't destroyed the house and its sooo clean still LOL.

Chris - sounds like you had fun!

hi Jos and Tali!

Okay, I've rambled... hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

katg1006

Tali - Awwwwwwww That sounds like a fabulous night!! What a sweetie! On top of that a trip to TAR-JAY!!! Woooooot! What a man - he rocks! :) Your day tomorrow sounds jam packed with fun! Can't wait to hear about roller skating and the circus!

Chris - That is awesome! I so wish our township did that! WOW!! That is awesome congrats on the wins...and have fun gardening :) That is totally my type of awesome prize!!! I would love to see photos of your garden :)

Jos - Flip flop rules!! Been wearing mine all day too! My feet are saying thank you! :) Mom2Mom sounds fab! $30.00 is an awesome buy! What is geocaching?

Sandra - Matt made out like a bandit :) Sooo many cool toys :) He will be in heaven!

Things here were busy busy busy.....started to pack....this is a good thing since we leave next Sunday! Cleaning as I go too. I want the house to be clean for when I get home from vacation so I don't have to think about it :)

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Hello ladies!!

It has been a pretty busy day today. Busy for me anyway. We got up and went to walmart, which always takes me forever. Then we went to get Addie's haircut. She looks so cute with her little bob. My dad hates it when I get her hair cut but too bad. I'll let it grow out after summer is over, maybe. So it is all short and cute now. I wore flip flops today too, although it wasn't great weather. it wasn't bad though either.

My sis surprised me today and decided to come down to my house (she got over being mad at me obviously) so she'll come to church with us tonight. I think she drives all the way down here just to come to church. I really wish she would branch out and find a church close to her but I think she's scared. I don't mind her coming down here though.

Sounds like you guys have lots going on...

Chris - I hope you got some sleep today since you didn't start the O's. What is the name of that book about sleep again? I need to write it down and mark it on Amazon. I need to get it for my hubby and a friend of mine. I'm so glad that you won some gardening money. yay for you. Knowing you you'll be able to stretch that money quite far.

Tali - What a busy Sunday. Sounds like a lot of fun but like everyone will come home and crash at the end of the day. have fun

Sandra - You still have a clean house? Holy moly!! I am so jealous. I never have a clean house after guests, but my guests usually come in the evening and drink beer. Nothing stays clean then. Sounds like matthew had a great birthday. Yay!!

Joslyn - That sale sounds awesome. I'm glad that I don't have one of those places by me. I'd be so bad...not that I'm good at other stores. i was wondering what geocaching was too.

Kat - Where are you vacationing? I getthe feeling it is someplace warm. I wish I had the motivation you do to start packing a week out. A clean house when you get back sounds awesome...since I wait until the last minute to pack, my house is always flipped upside down before we go. I do try though.

To everyone else...Have a fantastic weekend!!

snappy2003

Hi everybody!! We made it back! Thank you all sooo much for the PMs with b-day wishes, that was a welcome surprise :).

We ended up riding over 900 miles on our bike. We left out on Wednesday afternoon and stopped about halfway for the night. Thursday morning I busted my left kneecap on a metal doorframe at the hotel, I'm pretty sure it is fractured (what do you think, Clara?) It hit directly in the center and is puffed up about an inch over where it hit and I'm swollen above and below it. Then we had the rest of our trip and I wasn't about to slow down so I overdid it with walking(limping) and all and didn't use any ice LOL only good ole ibuprofen, it is sooo stiff and sore especially after being bent so long on the bike. That aside we had an awesome time :). I don't know what the heck they do for kneecaps, never known anyone that fractured one before!

I don't know how many of you are familiar with the Smoky Mountains, but there is a spot on Highway 129 called 'The Dragon' where there are 321 switchback type turns in 11 miles. We ride that everytime we go. This time our kickstand decided to fall off, the spring must have broke, that was about midway through. DH had to turn the bike around on that awful curvy road and had me get off and hobble to the middle of the road to pick up the kickstand and bolt! LOL, so for the rest of that evening I had to hold up the bike for him to insert the kickstand and bolt everytime we stopped, not fun with a bum knee.

And, would you believe, I did not have one headache the whole time we were gone???! Don't know if it is cause the pain was elsewhere or because I wasn't stressed :rolleyes:. I looked in our paper this evening and the evil boss lady from you-know-where has posted a position in the paper for a Certified Medical Assistant, full-time.....of course, that's what I do so I figure they're hiring my potential replacement although there is a spot for another one thank goodness :). I'm going to sched an appt with my dr and see what she thinks I should do...see if she has any new ideas. Evil boss lady suggested last wk I go part-time, of course that's with no insurance and I can't do that, DH's plan costs too much to put me on it.

Anyhow, I'm praying over the work/headache/stress situation since I feel they all tie in together and will just have to see what happens.

Personals to follow..........hugs to everyone, I missed you all so much and thought about ya when we were riding around the mountains!

snappy2003

Clara-I bet Addie looks like a little doll with her haircut, I always love short hair on little girls :). How is your head and sinuses doing?

Kat-feel free to come to my house when you finish! LOL, we got home to a dirty kitchen, dirty living room, dirty clothes...plenty to do. haha!

Sandra-sounds like Matthew had a great b-day! I hope yours was equally special :). O I envy you, your clean house!

Chris-what a neat thing your town does! Sounds like a lot of fun and productive, too, congrats on your win :).

Jos-sounds like you hit the jackpot on the clothes! The weather here is warmer, too, isn't it fanastic?!

Tali-what a great anniversary, sounds like a really fun night :).

Everyone, I'll 'see' you all tomorrow in O-land!

xoxoxo

sandracvrt

Clara - it was just my mom and sister... no one else really showed LOL... so I have about half an hour of work tomorrow to get it back in order!

Dawn - thank you :) I'm glad its clean... it feels good although I'm more used to the clutter and mess... had a hard time falling asleep because it felt empty... lmbo!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Dawn - you poor thing. That kind of swelling I would definately get an x-ray of. Patellar fractures kinda suck so i hope it is just a little bump that hurts really bad. You'll need a 3 view x-ray instead of the standard 2 view. Oh that just sucks lady!! I hope it is okay. I'm glad you had a good trip though. I hope you get something worked out with your work. There is nothing worse than feeling like all eyes are on you. What's worse is when you know how many people don't work hard at all and don't even get talked to. One time I had this job and they actually had me train my replacement and then told me they were letting me go. Wacky people. Good luck finding a solution.

snappy2003

Hey Clara, thanks for the info! I actually woke up this morning with better range of motion and less swelling. I think the rest and ice at home is helping. I will talk to my doc about xraying.

Oh my, you trained your replacement?! That stinks! I have just never clicked with my boss she didn't seem to care for me before she took the director of nursing position. The previous DON is still there but in another position, she and I got on great before..problem is now she is in a position of more power and it went to her head and she has no time for the little people LOL. I'm considering going ahead and cutting back to 32 hrs and getting on dh's health ins, he just doesn't know yet. Then I can look for another job on my day off. I just hate switching jobs, I was determined to retire at this one and doubt I can match the pay elsewhere. If I stick it out the way things are and they end up firing me I won't get unemployment, I'm not sure how all that works, but everyone who's been fired from there has never gotten it they always end up in hearings and have 'documentation' and 'witnesses' and all I know is it seems once they want someone gone it eventually happens and I have stupidly signed everything they put in front of me even when I didn't agree with parts of it. When you are in a chewing out session with 2 bosses and they put a paper in front of you all you wanna do is sign and run and I sometimes do.

Did I mention I have a headache today, LOL?! I jokingly told Amanda that I'm going to quit work and write a book, she asked me what about, I told her just about me and all my problems LOL. Heck, I've about got it written just by posting here ;). I doubt anyone would read it but I'd sure feel better!

Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday, it is gorgeous here but the bright sun hurts my eyes :rolleyes: today, dh thinks the puter causes some of my headaches but I refuse to accept that.

Love and hugs my friends!

petey111

Hi all! Just checking in. Conference is over, presentation is over, graduation video is almost complete, I'll take a chunk out of grading college papers this week. I have three nights of events this week. Gotta finish the graduation video, make a dinner, make a birthday lunch and present, big project at school to work on for the library and get ready for class next Saturday. And......get ready for NSD!!! By the time next Sunday hits, I'll be feeling muuuuchhhhhh better. =)

Dawn - Sorry about your knee, but it sounds like you had fun!
Chris - Sounds like you had fun at your Earth Day clean up.
Clara - Glad your sis is no longer mad!
Kat - It's always nice to have a clean house when you are back from vacay. As a side note, Ben loved all the smiley faces in your posting.
Sandra - I'm jealous of all your clean houseness. =)
Jos - I'm glad you are still feeling good. =)
Tali - Sounds like you had a good time. Happy anniversary!