Oscraps

Daily O's Wed Jan 27th

hondachicc

Good morning O family!!!!!!!!

I hope everyone is well this morning...I am slowly getting there!! I am keeping my babies today...so we will see how that goes!!

We have been having strange weather.....a day or two of 50-60 degree weather then back down for a day or two in the 30's....and this week is worse...it will be high of 60 tomorrow then snow on fri and sat...they are calling for possible 12"....guess I will getting "winter wonderland" back out and scrapping some more snow photos!!

I hope you all have a great day!! Clara I see on FB where you have been planning....let's hear what you have been planning for that cruise!! I want to live vicariously through you!!!

((((((HUGS))))))))

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy Hump Day my O-Fam!

Good to see you feeling better Nana Linda! Or should I say Official Praise mama!!!!??
Congrats girl!

Good luck with the babies, hope that they give you an easy day. Do *not* push yourself or you are going to get sick again. (Hey, I have been hearing that from my family all week- I have to push it down off to someone else too LOL)

We are having weird weather too- it was up to 55* on Sunday, been above freezing for the most part since, and then this weekend going back into the teens and 20's.

When is spring???
Groundhog Day is next week.... maybe that little guy will give us some good news.
And if not, I am going to have to keep living vicariously through Clara :)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
AndreaNyx- a small bedtime snack should consist primarily of protein, which takes longer to digest.The worst snack is anything form simple carbs. If you are going to have carbs, it should be paired with a protein or be low-glycemic index carb (a complex carb, like a piece of fruit or veggie rather than a cookie)
PB and apple slices or grapes and cheese would be ideal.
MMG is Type 1 diabetic so I ended up knowing a lot about what kinds of food work better, esp. overnight.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Linda W-- OMG- I am going through the same thing with the prednisone- hot and cold and sweating and freezing all at the same time. My face would be sweating and my legs were like ice. Agh!!
I am going to keep that in mind for Mucinex too- Bad combo!

Laurie- you walked farther than I would have so give yourself some props!!

To everyone else- huggles!!! :D

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
I agree. Prednisone sucks. I remember when I hadn't been at the O for very long and had to take it for my sinuses and I got in here and started typing all randomly...more so than usual. I sleep horribly, and have the strangest dreams. Blah!! Plus my skin always feels tingly when I take it. But, holy moly it made me feel better when I had strep throat. Almost instantly. It works wonders, but yeah...can never wait to finish it up.

So, living vicariously through me, huh? I'm good with that. I wish I could package up some sunshine while I was there and send it to you guys. So, I have been planning something very specific over the past couple of days and I am sooooooooo excited about it. Check it out: http://www.grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/StingrayCitySailing.htm

My MIL has never been on a sailboat and is so excited. A couple of people have no interest, but as of right now we have 12 people in our group going. I don't know why you wouldn't be interested in hanging out on a boat and snorkeling. It is awesome. I can't wait. Ethan is so excited too. We have startetd referring to the cruise as "Going to visit London" as in London Tipton from The Suite Life on Deck for those of you familiar with Disney channel shows. Addie wants to go. I promised her I would take her on a special trip, just her, after we got back sometime. I'll have to come up with something.

So, let me share my HUGE annoyance with you guys. I want to strangle my BIL and his fiancee. We got their save the date card in the mail yesterday. I am so frustrated because they have put us and Derek's brother in a horrible situation. So, they are getting married in Jamaica at the timeshare they go to every year (another annoyance. He has never come out here, from Cincinatti to see his niece and nephew or invited anybody to join them). And the only people invited to their wedding are their parents. We think so that nobody can contest the wedding. Then they decided to have their reception over 4th of July weekend. They picked this weekend so that people would have a long weekend to come...but both of his brothers will have to buy airfare and it is the most expensive time in the summer. I checked last night and for us the tickets are about $450 and for Derek's older brother they are over $900 because he lives in Alaska. They have no regard whatsoever for anybody but themselves and it puts us in a horrible position. Derek's older brother lives in a town called Girdwood, AK and they have a huge festival that weekend and him and his non-wife wife were planning on having a food booth which would make them a ton of money. They only work in the summertime generally so having a way to make a huge chunk of cash would be awesome for them. So it puts us in this horrible position. Do we go broke trying to get there for this event that we don't agree with when they had no consideration whatsoever for their family or do we say...screw you guys! Then I feel bad if we find a way for Derek to go when I know his brother won't be able to go. It just sucks. And NOBODY will say anything to the younger brother. Not to mention he doesn't even call. They didn't even send a Christmas card. I don't care about presents but at least a card for your neice and nephew. The whole thing makes me so unbelievably angry. I cannot imagine being that selfish. I think I am going to be writing something up to send them. Anyway, that just has me so frustrated. I won't go. I know I can't behave myself.

Well, I need to do some cruise planning to de-irritate myself. I will also come back in a little bit to do some personals. I'll be on a cruise ship in exactly 1 month. Sunshine here I come. Wow!! It is getting close. This weekend we are packing to see what we need and we are waiting for Ethan's passport that should be here any day. The check has cleared so it is processing.

EHStudios

I lOve Me Some O!
Hi O-girlies!

Not much going on with me lately just work and am actually getting more calls and stuff so I think this year will be great for my business! Getting tired of messed up orders and stuff and having to call, so that's a frustration. But generally everything is good. I need to just get more productive with keeping my sites updated, so that's on my to do.

Happy Hump-Day Chris! And glad to see you in here Linda feeling a bit better! Weather here is strange too, but it is Indiana, so it should be that way.

Clara, Love the news about your cruise! All of us will live vicariously through you on that one! Sorry about the BIL problems, but if you end up coming to Cincinnati and need to get away from him for a few hours, I'm just an hour away! HA!

LaughingSun

hey everybody... wow, crazy busy day today... finally sitting down to relax.

thanks for the info Chris, I think I'll try that :)

Nana Linda, glad yer on the mend but do take it easy still, don't want a relapse!

Clara... yay re: the cruise... but sucks re: the wedding fiasco... they are being very selfish and unthoughtful!

mrsaboyer

Hi ladies!

I am Sooooooo sleepy today! I was up till 1 am reading this book about Columbine I got at the library. I know, depressing, but really it's very interesting. Did you all know that most things we originally thought about the shootings- that the kids had been bullied and snapped, that they were outsiders and goths- are all false? Anyway, it's interesting. But so anyway, I was up super late, and then Genny woke up at 4 and would not go back to sleep. Then we had a WIC appointment this morning, and Atha is underweight. :-( They suggested that she drink milk mixed with HEAVY CREAM. That's not going to happen. She barely drinks milk at all. She's like her momma- milk has to be very lowfat and ice cold. Anyway, I asked if I could get her a "prescription" for whole milk- most kids these days are overweight so WIC will not allow whole milk unless they need it. The nutritionist pointed out that Atha will be 5 next month and will no longer be eligible anyway. WOW!! I mean, I knew that, but I kind of spaced that she's "graduating" from WIC. HAHAHA!

Glad everybody is feeling a bit better. I hope everybody continues to improve!

Clara- I say,don't go. I mean, go on your cruise! LOL! But don't go to the wedding. Send a nice card and a gift if you like, but, you know, my family has never really been able to afford going to events that occur away from home, and with my husband being a soldier (and yours as well!) we just can't get up and go places like some others can. And with Gen's concerns, etc. So I don't think anybody expects us to show up, except maybe Vince's mom. LOL But we just send a nice card and a gift or gift certificate and send our regrets. Especially if this is a union that you don't support, there is no reason you have to go. This is not a subpoena, it is an invitation which you are free to decline! :)

LaurieW

lOve the O!
WIC = women infants children program in US that offers funds for milk, cheese and other good foods- kids have to go and be weighed regularly and there are other qualifications-

just passing through-will be back later with more

hondachicc

Ladies....I am asking for prayers and thoughts for our community....

I know we talked about the local girl that went to VA Tech that went missing three month ago at the Metallica Concert. It was on the national news. Her body was found yesterday. So very sad for her parents and family. And another very sad situation, a little boy, 3yo, has been missing since Jan 14th. His step father had made up a story about him being kidnapped, but later the police figured out that was not the case. He was arrested last week, but not too many details have been released. They had been searching the river for 7 days and could not find him, then turned to searching the landfill 3 days ago. His body was found this afternoon. This was such a senseless act too!! This little boy was taken from this family and put in foster care at 13 mos old...he has very serious illnesses (he can only eat special foods, he does not hold his own body heat...several other symptoms)...he only weighed 8 lbs when CPS took him....he flourished beautifully for 19 months...then he was returned to the mother and step father this past October and it went downhill from there. I can't help but cry my eyes out over this sitution!! This sweet little boys photo was on the news everyday. I just can not make sense of how anyone could harm a child and then just discard them in the trash!! That little boy would have turned 3 yesterday!!

For our small town, this is a lot of tragedy....so it really takes it toll!!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
I'm totally with you guys!! I say don't go to the wedding. But Derek has other thoughts on that. If he goes or doesn't go will have to be up to him but I will not spend our savings that we are working hard to save up on the entire family going to celebrate something that we don't support. And now to know that not only is the future bride selfish but that he has taken on those ways too just kills me. She is not a very likable person but he has always been so funny and lovable but at this point I have ZERO respect for him. His parents are going to their wedding and they don't support it, which I don't really get. I love my kids but if they did the things that these guys do there would be blood. Not to mention that she has been so unbelievably disrespectful to his family in the past. It is horrible. We do what we can and go where we can...you all know I love to go places, but this is just crazy. I think we should plan a trip to Cleveland to see the rest of Derek's family the week before or something. I'm just angry though. Must get over that.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Ladies....I am asking for prayers and thoughts for our community....

I know we talked about the local girl that went to VA Tech that went missing three month ago at the Metallica Concert. It was on the national news. Her body was found yesterday. So very sad for her parents and family. And another very sad situation, a little boy, 3yo, has been missing since Jan 14th. His step father had made up a story about him being kidnapped, but later the police figured out that was not the case. He was arrested last week, but not too many details have been released. They had been searching the river for 7 days and could not find him, then turned to searching the landfill 3 days ago. His body was found this afternoon. This was such a senseless act too!! This little boy was taken from this family and put in foster care at 13 mos old...he has very serious illnesses (he can only eat special foods, he does not hold his own body heat...several other symptoms)...he only weighed 8 lbs when CPS took him....he flourished beautifully for 19 months...then he was returned to the mother and step father this past October and it went downhill from there. I can't help but cry my eyes out over this sitution!! This sweet little boys photo was on the news everyday. I just can not make sense of how anyone could harm a child and then just discard them in the trash!! That little boy would have turned 3 yesterday!!

For our small town, this is a lot of tragedy....so it really takes it toll!!

Here I am rambling about silly little stuff. I know the feeling you are talking about. The heartbreak in a small town. that is how we felt when the police officers were killed here. It makes no sense and seems to just rip your heart out that such needless violence can occur. this makes me so thankful for people like my sister who fight so hard for children. She has stepped into many cases where it was handled poorly and had to try and fix things the best she could. She would rather die than put a child into an unsafe home. She knows that sometimes a parent is not the most ideal place for a child to be raised but if she thinks it is an unsafe home she will fight tooth and nail to keep those kids someplace safe and has no problem ripping apart one of her workers who would make bad childcare choices for children who are unable to make these decisions. Unfortunately for every person like my sister there is one person who definately should be in a different profession. My heart is broken for you and your town. I hope they are able to heal soon.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
oooh no! LInda!! what senseless acts!! no doubt you and your town will be feeling this so deeply!! loving thoughts are coming across the miles {hugs sweetie} the consolation is that the two innocents are out of their misery and in a place of joy and beauty!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Linda how tragic!!!We are praying for your community, my heart breaks for the families of these poor children! Sometimes you wonder what on earth is wrong with the human race?? Hugs from Vancouver Island!!