Oscraps

Daily O's Wed Jan 13th

hondachicc

Well...I am up early today!!! I went to bed early last night!!!!!!!!! 9 pm!!!

I was just exhausted last night....I had some errands to run...and I took the babies with me...Oh my word....how do women my age have babies??? twins???? That was too wearing on me!! I say I will never do it again, but you never know....I just had to take care of some things yesterday...sooooo...I had to take them with me!! Traci fussed at me...she says I should have called her and she would have come to stay with them...but I won't ask her to drive 30 minutes for that!!

Today??? NO WAY...not going anywhere!! Hahaha!!

Okay...coffee is ready..going to get a cup...Have some??

LaurieW

lOve the O!
Linda W- I will have a cup with you - two actually- then I did my 2 mi on the treadmill, just checking in before I sprint off to work- which I am woefully behind in, so this is my huge thought for the day!

Discipline yourself to do the things you need to do when you need to do them, and the day will come when you will be able to do the things you want to do when you want to do them!

Zig Ziglar

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Coffeeeeeeeee!! Linda W is officially my BFF!!

It was crazy day for all of us here yesterday. I am not sure if Scott and I are both herxing, but he couldn't get out of bed at all, was really tired and sick. Slept til 2 pm. We had to cancel the tutor. I went food shopping, came home and slept for 2 hours. That is so not the normal me. Cait is saying she isn't feeling right. wish I knew what is was and what to do for it all.

Linda- I don't know how *anybody* has babies these days LOL! I used to joke that I wanted mine born at 6 months. So not into the tiny baby stage. But to have to go anywhere with two car seats, two little babies, strollers agh! I couldn't do that!
But you can look on the bright side.... at least you didn't have to figure out how to breastfeed them in public too...:D

I never got any work done yesterday so I have a lot of catch up to do today.
But I have NanaLinda's coffee by my side yay!

Have a great day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Laurie- good for you!! 2 miles! I wish I had the energy/motivation......
I love Zig Ziglar- I used to listen to podcasts of him, he is really funny and has such a good positive perspective.

Linda W- hope that the babies are very good for you today and you can take it easy.

LaughingSun

morning all :)

stopping in for a quick check... have to get K to school, come home & 'play' with M, get k, feed them lunch, get M to school, give K a nap, wake her up, get M from school, feed them supper, drop them at the sitters, goto TKD, get them from the sitters (dh might do this) come home, get them ready for bed, goto my Doc appt. re: anxiety.

phew... busy day...

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Anxiety, Andrea/nyx? Why ever would you have anxiety! ROTF!
Your day sounds like mine runrunrun.....

Good luck with the appt. I take zoloft for anxiety/depression, and it helps. But there ares till plenty of times I need more. Small doses of xanax are helpful for that , but I can only take it at the end of the day when I am done with my running LOL.
BTW- that is a sweet deal for your gym membership. Good for you!

Clara- oh, poor addie. I had so many sleep issues with Scott that we had no choice but to Ferberize him, so there was no letting him sleep in out bed. Caitlyn too. When they were bigger but still little, if Gary was going to be away on business, I would let them stay with me for a "sleep over." We'd watch a movie in bed and then just crash. I miss being able to snuggle my babies. Esp my baby who is way taller than me now. Scott gave me such a sweet hug yesterday..... I miss that so much.....

Anyway- sorry- I was no help... :lol:

Sally- woo hoo! Sounds like you are ready for Awesome Day #3! What did you decide to do with your hair?

LindaP- good luck and have fun at the conference- fingers are crossed that the weather will continue to cooperate.

To everyone who pops in- xoxoxoxo

Yam

Good morning ladies.......aurggggggggggah........stretching...
I had 2 very stressful last days, and I am going to try to relax a little today! As Linda- I am not moving from the house today! I couldn't be a mother either in my age! I don't have the strengh or energy...nah, nah, I am a Nana now, wish only my grandson lived on the same continent :(

Chris- I really hope you are going to have a better day today...it's tiring to feel bad and be sick...today, take it easy with me! Put New age music, I am listening to a wonderful and relaxing radio AOL New age music...it's REALLY GOOD!

Laurie- I envy you!!! Have a good day at work!

Andrea- I got exhausted only from reading your schedule!!!

OK- See you soon!

mrsaboyer

Hello everybody!
Up bright and early this morning. I am procrastinating writing my final paper for history. Didn't I just write final papers??? I guess that was 9- no, 11 weeks ago! Good gravy!
I took my math final yesterday and got 96%! WOW! I did it all in one go, as well. We had the option to come back to it as many times as we needed to before Sunday, so I figured I'd just do the easy problems yesterday and come back to the tough stuff later, but turned out I knew most of the problems. Hooray!

Now I have to write about one significant event per decade since WWII. I don't think it will be too tough if I break it down, but of course I have to START it! LOL

Chris-boo on everybody feeling wonky. I hope you are all feeling better soon! Ugh, I had no stomach for Ferberizing my kids. I'm going to have to read Clara's post from yesterday. Genny has terrible sleep issues too.

BUT yikes, we may find out more about that tomorrow!! EEEEK!

AndreaNyx- I have to laugh at your schedule. Sounds a lot like mine. One needs something, then the other one does. LOL. At least they are both in school for a few hours a day and I can have a tiny bit of rest.

Although, LindaW, that's when I usually do my errands because then I don't have to tote around two kids! I can't even imagine toting around two carseats all by myself, yikes! And to think that Vince and I were talking about trying again... I just don't know! Oh and thanks for the coffee, don't mind if I do!

LaurieW-Great quote! Are you telling me to do my paper? LOL

Yam- enjoy your relaxation, and yes, Streeeeetch! I should do that. Dr Oz says everybody should stretch right when they get up. Maybe someday I'll be like those people in Golden Gate park in the early AM, anybody ever seen them? People gather together to do Tai Chi early early in the foggy morning.
Or maybe I'll just do it at home.

My daily mission- Today I am courageous because I can climb every mountain!

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
hey girlies!!

I'm off in about an hour to get my hair done!! yipee...i'm thinking a lot more highlights than usual, but i'll really let my hairdresser decide what looks decent...i told cora i wanted to get the underneath shaved and get the top spiral permed and she just gave me that teenage look that said "if you do that, you will not go with me anywhere in public ever again!!!" LOL!!! so we'll see...i have HER image to remember, too!! ahahahahahahh

later if it's not raining, we are supposed to go to the park. It has been 60 degrees here and sunny and beautiful...today, not so much sunny!! yike!!

well, i'm off to blog a bit with a new weekly feature! and then lecture my kids on the Northern Renaissance to the beginning of the Reformation in the 1500s!! :) life is never dull here at the Kellers, huh?

NanaLinda, thanks soo much for the coffee!

Chris, I hope your fam is feeling a WHOLE lot better today!! hugs!!

AndreaNyx, you are making me sooo happy with your schedule!! someone to tire everyone else out other than me!! yipeee!! I'm with ya, girlie, on the running, running, running!! it's my life and i wouldn't have it any other way!! enjoy (if i can say that!!) your drs appt....i was really thankful to learn that my cholesterol was normal and everything else was going great in my body!! I pray she helps you find that balance physically, too, hun!!!

Yam, ohhhh nice relaxing music is the best, huh? enjoy your time today of relaxing!!!

AndreaB, you are my hero!! congrats on the math final!! and you enjoy that history paper!! My kids can sooooo sympathize!!! Although Quentin is doing a paper on the history of football...his choice, but it makes him write, which is what we want!!

hugs to everyone else who comes in after me!!

LOVE YOU ALL!!!

LaughingSun

phew. got the morning done now on to the afternoon. mini pizza's in the oven & kids watching a show. wondering what I will have for lunch... hum.

yeah, it's busy. I'm really looking forward to next year when M will be in grade 1 so all day school. Then I'll have 3 mornings/week all to myself for about 1.75 hours. wow, what will I do with myself? lol. and the year after both kids will be in school so I can go back to school and finish my degree, yay!

Chris: yes, I'm actually excited about my appt today. as we speak my heart is fluttering and I have NO idea why... aaahhhh! and ya, totally sweet deal. although when you break down the hours it's not, but I enjoy it. Mandy (my 'boss') is great to talk to and we work *really* well together even when we have 7 infants & 10 kids in the room lol.

Yam: ooh, nice to relax today! thursday is our 'relax' day. we don't anything to do in the morning so the kids & I hang around in bed talking & playing for a bit before we start our day :)

Laurie: wow, good for you! I probably run that far while taking the kids all around in the day lol but I'm not sure I'd be able to do it all in a row ;)

Mrsaboyer: (sorry, don't see yer name anywhere lol) yeah. I don't have 2 in school at the same time yet, although when M is in afternoons Kylie naps (or at least stays in her room for quiet time). Next year... ah next year will be SWEET!

alrighty, off to make afternoon snack for M's lunch pail & then get him to school. have a bit of 'work' to do when I get back but I always try to pop in here... it's my newest addiction rofl.

LaughingSun

Sally: lol... I know, it's crazy lol. thanks, I am excited about my appt even though it will mean I'm officially 'labeled' with anxiety... oh well lol.

AndreaB: ah hah, now I know yer name :) great name btw! so yay for yer Math final! What math are you taking? I'm a math major... just have 1 year left to finish my degree. it's been a lot of years lol I think I'm quite rusty. Last week tho I took out my old calc & alg books to start review. I'm going to to back either next year or the next after that. I'm sure it will take me a while to get back up to snuff again! Good luck with yer History paper... that was my 2nd weakest subject in highschool... math being my 1st ROFL

katg1006

Hi everyone *waves* Checking in from sickville... :)

Discipline yourself to do the things you need to do when you need to do them, and the day will come when you will be able to do the things you want to do when you want to do them! ---- Zig Ziglar

Ohhhh that's so scary...I was just thinking this when I sat down!!!! Fabulous quote!!

LindaW - Coffee!!! Awwww thank you!!! I so need that!!! :) Glad you got some much needed zzzzz's :) *LOL* about going out....it isn't easy - my friend has twins and a 5 year old!! I have no idea has she does it!

Chris (((hugs))) Sorry you were having a yucky day yesterday. How is everyone feeling today?

stopping in for a quick check... have to get K to school, come home & 'play' with M, get k, feed them lunch, get M to school, give K a nap, wake her up, get M from school, feed them supper, drop them at the sitters, goto TKD, get them from the sitters (dh might do this) come home, get them ready for bed, goto my Doc appt. re: anxiety.
Andrea - Wow that made me tired just reading it *LOL* ((hugs)) hope it was an easy day for you - hope your doctor appt goes well. Congrats on the 200!! WOOOT WOOOT!!!!!!!!!

Yam -
I am a Nana now, wish only my grandson lived on the same continent :sad:
(((hugs))) That is so hard!! I hope your day was quiet and relaxing!

AndreaB - WOOT WOOT!!! Congrats on the math test that is FAB*U*LOUS!!!!
My daily mission- Today I am courageous because I can climb every mountain!
Ohhhh love this!!!!!!!!! I am sooo loving the positivity here in the Oooo's today!! Totally making me smile!!!!

Sally - Oh my word I totally just had one of those moments where I shouldn't have been drinking and reading the Ooo's.....*ROTFL* I totally lost it over Cora and the hair!!! (Need to clean screen) Can't wait to see the new do...post a pic! I always wanted to get highlights...but with my auburn hair it's scary!
life is never dull here at the Kellers, huh?
No it's not you have a blessed life :)

So what's is going on here....in a nutshell I am still sick (but happy :)) I go back to the doctor's tomorrow to figure out what to do next. Hopefully by Monday I will be a new woman. Fingers crossed!

I actually sat down and journaled in my new grats journal that I made last night!! Totally cool. Sally do you use your grats journal for just your grats or do you put anything in it that comes to mind? I felt my self wanting to document other things with my grats...like something that inspired me and a funny thing that happened that day. Should I go with that or is best to just stay focused?? Curious to know how you do it?

My parents are taking Nick today after school so I am going to scrap!! Enough of the laying in bed - need some scrap therapy :) Better then tylenol *LOL*

Have a fabulous day ladies!!!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Good morning ladies. So, I'm exhausted this morning. Stayed up watching a tv show. Shame on me. But I can go to bed early tonight so it is all good. I think I'll just leave my computer at work today. I have been really good about going to bed at a decent hour lately so it isn't so bad today.

So, Addie stayed in her bed last night, except that her blankets fell off so I had to go in and help her get them back on her bed. But she went back to bed no big deal. I had to look up ferberize. Didn't know what that meant. I wish that was something that would work on Addie but she is too old for that. She's past the self soothing stage. She knows what she wants and how to get it. I never had to do the cry it out stuff with her. She was just a good sleeper. If she was up crying there was an actual problem. Ethan on the other hand wouldn't cry it out. he would cry until the end of time. That is how he generally ended up in our bed. I think with Addie we just have to let her know that she can come in and get hugs and kisses but she has to go back to her own bed. I just don't understand why she stopped sleeping through the night. Ugh!!

anyway, today is Wednesday so I have small group. I wasn't going to go tonight because I am starting a new group for 13 weeks to finish the Financial Peace University series by Dave Ramsey. It is an awesome program. If you have any issues with money/budgeting look into the program. It really is life changing if you use the system. So, I was going to skip my usual group today because I would only go once and then leave for the 13 weeks. But the pastor is a friend of mine and he leads the group and a guy from our church died last weekend. I didn't really know the guy. I talked to him and his wife a few times but have been keeping tabs on his progress since he found out he had cancer last spring. He was only a few years older than I am, has a few kids, had just gotten married the year before and had his whole life ahead of him. It was amazing to read all of the updates on him because they are a very spiritual family and no matter how bad things were they always kept that faith. It is amazing to me. Even when he died last weekend the announced it by saying that he had fought the fight of his life and won and had punched his way into heaven. To me that meant that he never let the cancer change his vision and knew that his life had a purpose and he was fulfilling it. It inspired me. Anyway, I decided to go just to be able to see how the pastor is doing with everything, although I'm sure he will appear just fine. He married the man and his wife and was close to them. So, I think I'll be going.

So...that is about it. How about some love:

Chris - Aw man!! Herxing!! Not cool. I hope some rest helped you guys feel better and today you are doing awesome. Cait too though, huh? Maybe just the weather is making her feel dumpy.

LindaW - watch your inbox. I need your help organizing some ideas. Two babies out and about? that is crazy. I used to think twins were cute and then I had a baby and now everytime I see twins all I see are two car seats, giant diaper bags, double clothing, huge strollers, and extra cost of everything. Not cute to me anymore. Get your rest today.

Laurie - I'm impressed at your morning workout in the treadmill. I can't handle getting up early, especially to work out. Heck no!!

AndreaNyx - Wow lady!! I'm dizzy!! Good luck at the doctor today. I hope you get some answers and figure out a plan for the anxiety.

Yam - you enjoy your day of relaxation. I hope you get some rest. How's that back of yours?

Andrea - that sounds like an interesting paper to write. How do you pick one event a decade, then how do you pick the right event. Better you than me. I'll be saying prayers that you get answers tomorrow at the appt. Keep us posted.

Sally - that is awesome that Q can write a paper on the history of football. so shaved underneath and spiral on top, huh? What look would that be going for? I'm trying to picture it and all I see is the 80s. Would I have to tell you the 80s called and they want their hair back? I think some hot highlights would rock. Especially going into spring. Help you get into the sunny mindset. Not that you really have a problem with getting ready for the sun. You know my husband has been stressing a little lately that we may end up down towards you. A couple of hours away anyway in San Antonio. He thinks as soon as he gets promoted he'll get transferred to the schoolhouse and have to be an instructor. I don't think that is such a bad thing personally. I don't really want to move, but I would be kind of okay with moving there for a few years. Better with Europe of course but SA would be better than going to Ft. Hood, for me anyway. Hood is such a huge post. We'll see. Who knows what will actually happen. We could just stay here until the end of time.

Anyway, I am off. I am going to do some scrapping today I think. Love you guys!!

LaughingSun

hey, Kat... what's a 'grats journal' and how would one make it?

yay Clara that Addie stayed in her bed! hope group goes ok tonight and your paster & his wife are coping well :)

katg1006

Andrea - It's a Gratitudes Journal "Grats" for short. It's a way to reflect at the end of the day what you were grateful for. A way to keep a positive focus on life and remember that each day even though you might not realize it....there is so much to be grateful!

I was going through a rough time earlier this year and Sally had started a gratitudes thread for Novmber where each day we could write what we were thankful for. (It is now a cool challenge check it out here!) It really helped me change the way I looked at things :) (Thanks Sally ;))

There are soooo many ways to journal...you can buy an all ready put one together....or you can make an altered journal (google search will bring up a lot of different ways to make one). I choose to make my own so it was more personal :)

If you click on my blog link you can see mine :)

LaughingSun

cool, thanks for explaining Kat! might have to start something like this :) :)

I'll start by making my own journal.

will check out the challenge too :)

thanks!!!

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
omgosh, CLARA!!! I soooooo cracked up uncontrollably reading your post about the 80s!!!! HHB!!! that was sooo flipping funny to me, because it was at the end of the 80s that i did have my hair like that...well, it was permed, but not spiraled...anyway!! TOOOO FUNNY!!!!

ohhh Kat, I'm sooo glad you checked in, even though you are in the sickie stage still!! I am lamenting with you, doll!!! but sooo glad you are getting better and that you are still grateful!! I can't stop thinking of things I'm sooooo thankful for!! yipeee!!!!

Soooooo for all of you that want to see my new haircut and coloring, you can check out my wall on FB, or if you are not my friend (*GASP*), here is the direct link:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30912291&l=7a24f59725&id=1489707488

enjoy!! i know i am!! I met my bffs at the park with all of our kids and they loved it!! so i'm doing great!! did NOT get as much done as i wanted to today, but I blogged, got the new do, and tonight i get to be with Mr Gorgeous alone for a while...that's nice!!

love ya'll!!

LaurieW

lOve the O!
Hey everyone- looks like i missed some busy days while I was at work- I got to learn EMR today- oh yeah ( electronic medical records) which means we will slowly move my kiddo's paper charts over to electronic then the in house docs will have faster access to info from me. I walk 2 mi per day so I can come home and eat m&m's or anything chocolate- how sad. I am a morning person so getting up and walking before breakfast and computer are not too difficult for me. I'm just going to wave to everyone- I'm still working on putting Christmas away and it is Criminal minds night- no laptop and my computer is in the basement, so I'm out of here when it comes on!!

LaughingSun

I'm back from the doc appt. yep, she listened, asked questions & OMG, lol I have just about every symptom she mentioned. she prescribed 50mg of Zoloft to start & I'll go see her in a month if that doesn't seem like it's enough. and maybe, just maybe, this nausea will go away. wouldn't that be SO wonderful? wow!

and after? I did some * leisurely* grocery shopping. no pesky kids & no time constraints. I feel relaxed just thinking about it.

oh & these rice chips I used to eat before I had to be wheat free? well they're Gluten/Wheat free now so I can go back to eating them!!! I'm eating a bag as we speak...

ooh, what a night, hurray!!!!