Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Wednesday, July 17

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
th

it's Hump Day and who needs the camel when you have an overly caffeinated bear?
:rotfl:

How was your day? Another HHH one here and I think it rained for 5 minutes after dinner. We have the windows open and I am listening to the crows making a racket. Yesterday I heard two hawks calling back and forth but I couldn't see them.

You

(oooh, I hear the hawk again right in the midst of the caw caw caw of the crows)

Ha! I started my sentence with "You" but I don't know what I was going to say, the hawks distracted me. In case you couldn't tell, my posts are 99.9% stream-of-consciousness.

Oh yeah-- you would be proud of me. I only cleaned the bathrooms and the kitchen and I used the Roomba for the vacuuming. Took several breaks to get off my feet and then rested in the afternoon. The knee is finally getting better. Not all the way but I should be good to go for work next week. I ended up making a pineapple tofu stir fry last night and that was delish. Scott had to pick something up from here for his camping trip and the timing was perfect for him to stay for a quick bite with us.

Grocery pick-up is this morning, working on laundry this afternoon. I found a yoga for knee pain video and will add that to my rotation.

(the hawk sounds sooo close, why can't I see it!? The trees must be blocking them)

At any rate-- time to post this and move on to personals
xoxoxo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@tanteva You-- a normal brain!? Get out-- how much did you pay the doctor for that paper? :lol23:
I will keep an eye on the BP. I have had trouble with POTS -- BP and pulse rate- when Lyme was really bad so I know if that pops up again, I'll need to get some blood work done. Plus heart disease and aFib on both sides of my family are risk factors.
Getting older really does suck, but better than the alternative--
How was the banana bread? Good for you for trying something new and getting over the anxiety of it. If you didn't make it yesterday and want to try a fail-proof recipe, I have a super yummy one I can share.

@Terri M
then I got distracted by seeing a hummingbird visiting all my flowers out the back window
I don't know what you mean- as I keep hearing and looking for the hawks. :giggle4:
Yeah, it's not a good time with everything going on, it is stressful. I'm not surprised that my BP was high. The last time I saw the doctor, it was normal, I had an EKG, and then the earthquake hit. When the doctor took it again, it was much higher. When I see my LLMD, it's usually well within the normal range. White Coat Syndrome is real, though, I can feel it!
David sounds like my dad a few years ago-- he wouldn't stop. Scott and I went to unload firewood for him last October and he was trying to keep up with us! (of course, I was trying to keep up with Scott if you are wondering where I get it from)

@vickyday Was this your friend's first time playing Quirkle? Did she like it?
I love playing games win or lose-- aside from Pictionary with the kids. That gets intense haha!
awww-- I love the halo!! :angelwhistle:

@BrightEyes Thank you for the update on the coffee pots. I wish they made them last longer than they do. This one is perfect for brewing coffee and it is a 14-cup pot which is necessary for the 4 of us. It would still be perfect if it kept the keep warm feature turned on.
How nice to have your sister come for a visit soon. Is it cooler (relatively speaking) by you than her or is it where it is so hot, a few degrees doesn't feel any different?

@AK_Tracy I was very glad that I finally got my knee checkout. I know myself and I would have kept walking on it and if there was something structurally wrong, I 100% would have made it worse.
I know, shocking- right? LOL!
I am so happy that the chiro was good to you! Sounds like he understood your pain level well. IKWYM about the tight muscles and spasms. I had that with my back and LLMD ended up giving me a lidocaine shot in one muscle knot to help ease the pain and loosen it up. That's the sucky thing about muscle pain, you end up with the entire network of muscle and connective tissue a big ol' mess. And you already have that stacked against you to begin with. *gentle hugs*
That's so cool that you colored your hair in funky colors. Any pics?

@JeanneMN tell us how you really feel about sweating! It's so hot that your sweat is sweating! :rotfl:
It has to be difficult dealing with DS but if you get to see DGS, it makes it worthwhile.
What is his 4H project other than it needs varnishing? Those boys are lucky they didn't; pass out from the fumes!

Whisky needs to go out, BRB!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@taxed4ever I'm very glad that you are finding a little more time for yourself recently. I hope you have a fab time hiking today. Bring extra water!

@Cherylndesigns LOL-ing at Chuck's attitude at travel and governmental overthrows. It's no wonder why you love him and never had a dull moment together ♥
Yeah, I am with you-- I hate my grey hair and will stay "blond" as long as possible. I hope you had a fantastic dinner with A and R!

@Nonni F 4 cats and 2 kittens, you sure have your hands full! I'm glad they all like belly rubs-- give them some extra from me again. PS: I have to see more pictures too. They look sooo sweet!

Nonni F

Good Morning, Everyone! @taxed4ever enjoy your hike today. Bring plenty of water. Temps here, today, are supposed to once again be oppressive. Hoping tomorrow brings a break from all of it.
May everyone's aches and pains be minimal today and may everyone experience at least one breathtaking moment of joy in this crazy world. <3
@faerywings downsizing some pics for you asap!

JeanneMN

GrOwing Old is mandatOry grOwing up is OptiOnal
CHEERY O
Last night was actually a wee hour of the morning night, highly unusual for us. Dgs had a baseball game at 7 and I thought we were going to be there at breakfast time. It was a great game with the score going back & forth. Dgs played last 3 innings and hit a ball that had homerun written all over it, but it was just a couple feet short, but a beautiful triple. I was a teensy bit loud :banana6:, we were sitting by his mom and stepdad so it was super fun that she and I could be loud together. We had a 6-run lead going into the last inning and then the wheels on the bus of pitchers, and about every other part fell off and they scored 11 in the top of the last inning. It wasn't pretty, in fact, downright ugh----ly. Dgs was last batter up, 2 outs, bases loaded, was sure hoping for another monster hit, but it wasn't to be. Game was over almost 10 o'clock. Hung around to give him the required hugs and then went home and made a couple of key lime martinis and we started watching a movie. I figured we'd have the drinks and go to bed, but we started and sucked us in, so 2 martinis and a movie later it was after midnight when we went to bed. The Neon Highway, on Netflix, it was fantastic. Of course, with Beau Bridges it just had to be good.

Needless to say, I did not make it to the gym this morning, but I have a dental appointment at a clinic just down the road from the gym, so I'll stop for groceries, and eye doctor called yesterday and my glasses are in, so I'll pick those up before heading home.

Well, I need a shower and my legs need mowing so I better get going. Have great a great start, middle or end of your day and I'll pop in again later.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
th

it's Hump Day and who needs the camel when you have an overly caffeinated bear?
:rotfl:

How was your day? Another HHH one here and I think it rained for 5 minutes after dinner. We have the windows open and I am listening to the crows making a racket. Yesterday I heard two hawks calling back and forth but I couldn't see them.

You

(oooh, I hear the hawk again right in the midst of the caw caw caw of the crows)

Ha! I started my sentence with "You" but I don't know what I was going to say, the hawks distracted me. In case you couldn't tell, my posts are 99.9% stream-of-consciousness.

Oh yeah-- you would be proud of me. I only cleaned the bathrooms and the kitchen and I used the Roomba for the vacuuming. Took several breaks to get off my feet and then rested in the afternoon. The knee is finally getting better. Not all the way but I should be good to go for work next week. I ended up making a pineapple tofu stir fry last night and that was delish. Scott had to pick something up from here for his camping trip and the timing was perfect for him to stay for a quick bite with us.

Grocery pick-up is this morning, working on laundry this afternoon. I found a yoga for knee pain video and will add that to my rotation.

(the hawk sounds sooo close, why can't I see it!? The trees must be blocking them)

At any rate-- time to post this and move on to personals
xoxoxo
So glad your knee is feeling better! Don't get pushy with it just because it is feeling better, however!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@tanteva You-- a normal brain!? Get out-- how much did you pay the doctor for that paper? :lol23:
I will keep an eye on the BP. I have had trouble with POTS -- BP and pulse rate- when Lyme was really bad so I know if that pops up again, I'll need to get some blood work done. Plus heart disease and aFib on both sides of my family are risk factors.
Getting older really does suck, but better than the alternative--
How was the banana bread? Good for you for trying something new and getting over the anxiety of it. If you didn't make it yesterday and want to try a fail-proof recipe, I have a super yummy one I can share.

@Terri M

I don't know what you mean- as I keep hearing and looking for the hawks. :giggle4:
Yeah, it's not a good time with everything going on, it is stressful. I'm not surprised that my BP was high. The last time I saw the doctor, it was normal, I had an EKG, and then the earthquake hit. When the doctor took it again, it was much higher. When I see my LLMD, it's usually well within the normal range. White Coat Syndrome is real, though, I can feel it!
David sounds like my dad a few years ago-- he wouldn't stop. Scott and I went to unload firewood for him last October and he was trying to keep up with us! (of course, I was trying to keep up with Scott if you are wondering where I get it from)

@vickyday Was this your friend's first time playing Quirkle? Did she like it?
I love playing games win or lose-- aside from Pictionary with the kids. That gets intense haha!
awww-- I love the halo!! :angelwhistle:

@BrightEyes Thank you for the update on the coffee pots. I wish they made them last longer than they do. This one is perfect for brewing coffee and it is a 14-cup pot which is necessary for the 4 of us. It would still be perfect if it kept the keep warm feature turned on.
How nice to have your sister come for a visit soon. Is it cooler (relatively speaking) by you than her or is it where it is so hot, a few degrees doesn't feel any different?

@AK_Tracy I was very glad that I finally got my knee checkout. I know myself and I would have kept walking on it and if there was something structurally wrong, I 100% would have made it worse.
I know, shocking- right? LOL!
I am so happy that the chiro was good to you! Sounds like he understood your pain level well. IKWYM about the tight muscles and spasms. I had that with my back and LLMD ended up giving me a lidocaine shot in one muscle knot to help ease the pain and loosen it up. That's the sucky thing about muscle pain, you end up with the entire network of muscle and connective tissue a big ol' mess. And you already have that stacked against you to begin with. *gentle hugs*
That's so cool that you colored your hair in funky colors. Any pics?

@JeanneMN tell us how you really feel about sweating! It's so hot that your sweat is sweating! :rotfl:
It has to be difficult dealing with DS but if you get to see DGS, it makes it worthwhile.
What is his 4H project other than it needs varnishing? Those boys are lucky they didn't; pass out from the fumes!

Whisky needs to go out, BRB!
Yes, it was her first time! She caught on pretty quickly, too! She wasn't a friend until yesterday, LOL! She is actually Ilene's pastor's wife. They are next-door neighbors to Ilene. She went to lunch with us and then stayed for 2 games of Qwirkle before going home. I played another game with Ilene and then headed home.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Last night was actually a wee hour of the morning night, highly unusual for us. Dgs had a baseball game at 7 and I thought we were going to be there at breakfast time. It was a great game with the score going back & forth. Dgs played last 3 innings and hit a ball that had homerun written all over it, but it was just a couple feet short, but a beautiful triple. I was a teensy bit loud :banana6:, we were sitting by his mom and stepdad so it was super fun that she and I could be loud together. We had a 6-run lead going into the last inning and then the wheels on the bus of pitchers, and about every other part fell off and they scored 11 in the top of the last inning. It wasn't pretty, in fact, downright ugh----ly. Dgs was last batter up, 2 outs, bases loaded, was sure hoping for another monster hit, but it wasn't to be. Game was over almost 10 o'clock. Hung around to give him the required hugs and then went home and made a couple of key lime martinis and we started watching a movie. I figured we'd have the drinks and go to bed, but we started and sucked us in, so 2 martinis and a movie later it was after midnight when we went to bed. The Neon Highway, on Netflix, it was fantastic. Of course, with Beau Bridges it just had to be good.

Needless to say, I did not make it to the gym this morning, but I have a dental appointment at a clinic just down the road from the gym, so I'll stop for groceries, and eye doctor called yesterday and my glasses are in, so I'll pick those up before heading home.

Well, I need a shower and my legs need mowing so I better get going. Have great a great start, middle or end of your day and I'll pop in again later.
my legs need mowing
I'm glad I didn't have any coffee or anything in my mouth when I read this! :giggle4::rotfl::floorlaugh::lol23:

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
my posts are 99.9% stream-of-consciousness.
No one's ever doubted that, my dear!
pineapple tofu stir fry last night and that was delish.
Recipe please!

The banana bread was ..... special. It tastes great, but we're a bit confused. It's not "bread" bread, but it's not like cake either. It's some kind of in between. Maybe I should just put some ketchup on it?
(Just kidding! ................ Anyone please - can you do CPR on Chris?)

It's been raining like crazy here today. Just stopped. Hope it doesn't start again before we can get to the grocery store. Just need to finish my coffee first. Have had so much trouble with heart burn lately, I hardly drink coffee. Like 1 cup every other day. I'm working on losing weight. If I drop a couple of kilos, the heart burn will get better.

But since I was whining about meno pause the other day - let's keep going: it's /(&¤#&%# hard to lose weight now. I can get so sad at times. I lost weight in 2018/2019 and was weighing like I did in 1990 ... then I had COVID - and gained so much weight. It won't go away. I don't mind so much how I look, I miss the health benefits and the stamina. A period I didn't have to eat BP meds, and I had just bought running shoes - that's how fit I was. Now I get short breath from going upstairs.

I'm in a bit of a mood today. Dull gray weather and no candy. You can't blame me!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning,
I had a late night/early morning, too, last night @JeanneMN! Went to bed with Mark at 10. Saw 12:30 roll around. Saw 2:30 roll around. Saw 3:30 roll around before I finally went to sleep around 4, I think. OY VEY! It's gonna be a long day! But, on a positive note, I'll sleep good tonight! ;)
Went ahead and got up after DH left for work. Arrived at the park at 7:10 and walked my 2 miles. I don't sweat much, but I actually had perspiration above my lip today! YIKES!
We did get some rain yesterday evening! But, again, it all soaked into this dry, parched ground!
I'm going to take it easy today since I don't have any energy after last night's tossing and turning!
Mark is afraid he may have COVID since he has has a nagging headache for several days. Prayers appreciated that he DOES NOT! This happens every July! Why, I have no idea! One guy at his work went home with it last week, so I won't be surprised if Mark does have it!
OK, gonna run. I think I will work on my challenge layout for next month and get that post started.
Have a great day!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I like being my age. I dont like the aches and pains that have arrived, and I hate menopause. But I dont mind being me and my age and I dont understand the stress of trying to be 20.
AMEN! Why in the world would you want to go back and do those years all over again! I love where I am in life! Even though the health has been better, I have been blessed above measure!